If they ban homosexuals kissing, they should also ban heterosexuals kissing

It is precisely the same principle
dkuni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yesioo)
Go to the religion forum if you want a debate.

No it shouldn't be banned. Everyone is equal and i see no difference in exposing children to people of the same sex sex kissing rather then people of the opposite sex doing the deed.
Accidently neg repped D: Meant to +!
Samz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can't see how/why it's ok to do this when its fine to have heterosexuals kissing before the watershed? Everybody is equal, every relationship is equal.
Seems like the biggest step backwards to me.
QwentyJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If people would only stop chasing the headline, rather than the source! Derp.
TLittler
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'the sun' need i say more
Phil2202
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by God_X)
But you have absolutely nothing to base your beliefs upon, whereas the Bible is the greatest source of good that the world has ever seen.
To echo some of your own arguments, you are blindly asserting that the bible is the greatest source of good the world has ever seen. For this to be true, you also have to blindly assert that the bible is true; which there is no evidence for; you are making the statement on blind faith.

Moreover, to take a slightly different approach: how on Earth, can you possibly believe that a deity of perhaps infinite power, has any interest in a species so incredibly unimportant? We could vanish from the universe today, and it would probably never be noticed. It is comparable to human's taking an active interest in the lives of every bacteria in their home.

For you to believe that a deity actually intervenes in your life, you have to extend this analogy to even more preposterous levels; so that we now actively protect every single bacteria in our home from harm, and so their bidding at will.

I would not be so foolish as to assume that a god does not exist; I cannot prove it either way - though I believe it is highly unlikely - but I can say, with confidence, that religion is simply the words of a few men, commenting on issues they do not understand.

By all means, believe in a deity, or even multiple deities, but do not be so ignorant, and preposterously arrogant, as to believe a deity is interested in the lives of human beings, and something so unimportant as to whom we have sex with.

EDIT: I'd also like to make it quite clear that I think you are a hideous excuse for a human being. Good day to you, sir.
AspiringGenius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by God_X)
I agree that it should be banned if only to protect gays from God's justice. If they don't change their ways, He will be just and send them to Hell.

Edit: Why all the neg reps? Christianity, Islam and Judaism all forbid homosexuality, and as the majority of people are part of one of these religions, we should not accept homosexuality in our society. God will punish them, and it's our duty to teach them the right ways before it's too late.
Shut up and go away back to medival times where your views are respected.
yesioo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Accidently neg repped D: Meant to +!
Aww it's okay! You can make it up to me....in other ways :sexface:
Ineluctable
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wonderingwot2do)
Errrm, says whom?

Homosexuality is rife within the animal kingdom, and was prevalent throughout civilised societies before god was even invented. It was actually considered normal within greece to have homosexual lovers whilst also having a wife to produce offspring.

It's only fictional morality made up by the church which has deemed homosexuality to be unnatural.

This means your theory that homosexual has never been natural a rather incorrect statement.

If you are of a religious persuasion, then I am sure that you are aware that in Leviticus it is not only homosexuality that is a sin, eating anything pig (bacon, ham etc) or any shellfish (lobster, prawns etc) is equally as sinful. I sincerely hope you do not consume any of these delicious foods, as that would make you a hypocrite, and religious folk are never that, are they?
I'm sorry that you think sodomy is okay. And just because something is normal does not make it right.
Ineluctable
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mally-xo)
'moral decency'? says the nut who can't accept homosexuality. the bible is outdated, and most likely a work of fiction.
judge away :awesome:
Truths remain the same regardless of time. And really, that comment was naive
anuradha_d
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tesphena)
Source.

Part of the Conservative manifesto was a claim to be tackling homophobia, so I'm wondering why they are supporting descrimination such as this? If gay kissing is too indecent for pre-watershed hours then why is straight kissing fine? Has our Prime Minister been haunted by the ghost of Mary Whitehouse? What's going on here? :confused:
Get the hell out David...
username291885
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I doubt this.
Die mk2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by God_X)
I agree that it should be banned if only to protect gays from God's justice. If they don't change their ways, He will be just and send them to Hell.

Edit: Why all the neg reps? Christianity, Islam and Judaism all forbid homosexuality, and as the majority of people are part of one of these religions, we should not accept homosexuality in our society. God will punish them, and it's our duty to teach them the right ways before it's too late.
Is this guy serious?
Phil2202
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Die mk2)
Is this guy serious?
Unfortunately, yes; I believe they are...
Mally-xo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ineluctable)
Truths remain the same regardless of time. And really, that comment was naive
I posted that months ago, my mind has not changed. so how exactly was the world created 6000 years ago? when in reality it is millions of years old? doesn't seem very truthful to me...
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
love how people are still kicking off because of a misinterpreted news story.
Die mk2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Phil2202)
Unfortunately, yes; I believe they are...
Hang on a sec....aren't we also talking on the 'Why is it that everybody has friends and I don't?' thread? :rolleyes:

But on the subject of this one, that kind of view is ridiculously outdated.

I would advise people like that to read about Daan's views on Sex/Marriage in postcards from no man's land
Phil2202
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Die mk2)
Hang on a sec....aren't we also talking on the 'Why is it that everybody has friends and I don't?' thread? :rolleyes:

But on the subject of this one, that kind of view is ridiculously outdated.

I would advise people like that to read about Daan's views on Sex/Marriage in postcards from no man's land
Lol, yes, we are. I'm not stalking you, I swear :p:
HazyMonsoon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, most of the programs on today have a gay/lesbian couple so if this happens, out go a ton of plot lines =/
(Don't think it will though..)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.44%
No - but I will (67)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (409)
47.56%

Watched Threads