Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DWC)
    Um I just liked the sound of the course and location really. It was either there or Plymouth and didn't feel too keen on living in Plymouth. Where's Fransic close?

I want to house share, but just need to find some cool housemates if Oxstalls people are reading!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android app on my LT26i
    Cool and it just a different campus

ReputationRep:
    Soo.... anybody here got their results and confirmed they are coming?
    Park Jenner btw, there should be a facebook group or something..

ReputationRep:
    There are many facebook groups, http://www.facebook.com/GlosFreshers2012

ReputationRep:
    Park Jenner Halls??

http://www.facebook.com/groups/162186730585290/

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Business Management and in Park Grace- anyone know any facebook groups for the accommodation?! Can't wait to go in September!

ReputationRep:
    http://m.facebook.com/UniversityOfGl...user=661995021

^ Facebook group hardwick halls

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm a second year at University of Gloucestershire, studying Psychology I usually live in London, and while it's a big change, I can't express how much I love it, Cheltenham is beautiful!

There is a spare room for rent where I'm staying. There are 4 girls living there at the moment, myself and another 2nd year psychologist, plus 2 fourth year Fine Art Students, all female. It's on St Pauls Street North, less than a minute away from FCH and five from town, and Hardwick Campus. Message me or email if you're interested and I'll give you all of the information.
    Becky

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm going to Uni of Glos in September to study English Literature. I've lived in Cheltenham all my life, so its my local uni & Cheltenham is a really nice place to live. Bit nervous as i'm going to be at a disadvantage when it comes to meeting people as i'm living at home & not in halls. Had a year out of education so I'm 19, & think i may have probably forgotten how to write an essay!! haha Any one else doing the same course? If anyone wants any info on Cheltenham, especially the clubs & stuff let me know Beth x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BHannahD93)
    Hi I'm going to Uni of Glos in September to study English Literature. I've lived in Cheltenham all my life, so its my local uni & Cheltenham is a really nice place to live. Bit nervous as i'm going to be at a disadvantage when it comes to meeting people as i'm living at home & not in halls. Had a year out of education so I'm 19, & think i may have probably forgotten how to write an essay!! haha Any one else doing the same course? If anyone wants any info on Cheltenham, especially the clubs & stuff let me know Beth x
    I know how you feel, i took a year out aswell & its gonna be weird having to write essays again haha

ReputationRep:
    Hi Beth, Just to let you know, there will be plenty of induction activities going on in September, including some specifically for local students to meet each other, as well as for everyone to make new friends and find their feet! Make sure you keep a look out for the induction booklet coming through your door and emails about specific events - keep checking your junk mail though as they have a tendancy to end up in there ! Oh, and congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Im doing English Literature, so see you there

(Original post by shane.sami)
    Hi, can you please tell me how are the HAlls on campus? and which is the best one of all, do we get a choice of Halls. say park villa or jenner or whichever they pick for us or we can pick the halls as prefererece wise? pls help.
    taking Law 2yrs program starting september/2012
    Hello,

Sincere apologies this reply is late - been rather busy as of late.

Anyway with regards to your question - as previously stated, I did not stay in halls, as I am a local resident of Gloucester! (stayed at home). My friends however stayed in halls, and from what they said, they had no trouble at all; found the rooms of decent size, got on with most people in their block and generally had a good time in 1st year. As for which is the better block (accommodation) , again that I can not answer as none of my friends stayed at Park campus, as our course was based at FCH. I think (don't hold me to this) they try and place all students on their course campus, ie Law = Park campus, but there might be the odd occasion where they'll be unable to place you (no rooms left), which means looking into a house share with students in the same boat. I *think* that is what may happen, but I left 2 years ago, things have changed since, so don't hold me that information - it's a hazard guess lol.

Hope that has answered your query ok.

DB

ReputationRep:
    Thank you DB and yes no problem for the delayed response, i managed
    Also just wondering how to find people taking the same course law2 yr fast track so to better quickly get acquainted livin in halls.
    I got into Park Campus. I hope its decent size room.
    *Fingers crossed* and umm i hope people are friendly lolz
    Hey guys drop me a line if any of you doing same program law 2yrs.
    Thanks and all the best to you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicki94)
    Im doing English Literature, so see you there
    Hi Beth, how are ya.
    How is the night life in cheltenham?
    Is it walking distance from Park campus?
    I meant the clubs/bars. What's the crowd like?
    And is it expensive? Drinks?

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I think the night life's pretty good got some decent bars to go to beforehand & good clubs until 3, then subtone until like 6!
    It's relatively cheap aswell, especially moo moos on a Monday night (3 for 1 on drinks)
    Not entirely sure where abouts park campus is but I'm pretty sure it's close enough to town to walk.
    Obviously like anywhere, it's as good a night as you make it, but me & friends always manage to have a good time haha x

ReputationRep:
    You can walk from Park campus to town easily, it takes about 20minutes. I was in regency halls in my first year and those halls are damn awesome, although I here many are getting refurbishments. There is also a bus that goes from outside the campus to town if your feeling lazy, its cheaper with your student card too.

I'm on my business management placement year in Germany right now but good luck to those starting! Make sure to hit up kukui (or w/e it is called now) in style

ReputationRep:
    Love Kukui!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys for your feedback.
    Looking forward to meeting you all
    Shane

ReputationRep:
    Park is about a 20 minute walk to the town. I usually walk as I can't be bothered to keep shelling out money on the buses. The first few times I had classes on Park I got the bus because I didn't know where it was and wanted to make sure I actually got there. Not sure how much it is now as I'm just returning to the Uni after my Placement year.

I don't know if they changed bus numbers/routes or any of that but the 94U is the main University bus. I think they used to run every 20 minutes or so, so it was sometimes touch and go as to whether you made the bus after lectures finished. There was another bus that went to town/park, I want to say 96 or 76 though it seems those aren't featured on the stage coach website any more but that one also went to Park and Oxstalls campus. Sorry that really isn't much help at all.

The Stagecoach website has all of the bus routes and timetables up though.

94U - http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetab...to=&locval=199
    http://www.stagecoachbus.com/94RM.aspx

A useful one to note is the D bus as that is the one that goes to the Railway station (Cheltenham Spa). You can catch it from a few places in the town. From memory outside the Marks & Spencer's was an easy place to remember. But I think it also goes a bit further up by McDonalds possibly. This bus also goes up to the Racecourse if you're living up where Pittville Campus used to be.

D Bus - http://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetab...to=&locval=199

I'm sure they usually give information about the buses and times around Freshers week - I think the helpzone/main reception areas have bus timetables. Someone on my course got a pen that had the times listed which was pretty handy. :-)

I found this map that has all of the routes and bus numbers for Cheltenham on so you'll probably find that one the most useful; http://www.stagecoachbus.com/uploads...ap_and_key.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Criminology and staying in Regency Hall. Anyone know any good clubs in Cheltenham?

Ben

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 9, 2012
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.