Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    www.myspace.com/despoiler
    - currently updating mine.

Anyhow... let's not draw the thread away from Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    despoiler, i think i added you, can't remember now... had an argument with my idiot of a boyfriend...

edinburgh- this has probably been asked before, but when do we pick our outside subjects? as i've already decided what i want to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanie)
    despoiler, i think i added you, can't remember now... had an argument with my idiot of a boyfriend...

edinburgh- this has probably been asked before, but when do we pick our outside subjects? as i've already decided what i want to do!
    Yes, you did indeed - I accepted. On the latter point, I'm afriad that I couldn't answer that (pure law ).

ReputationRep:
    don't you have to do 3 subjects then too? i thought everyone did! so you just do law? how come?

ReputationRep:
    4 more posts to go til 1000......

ReputationRep:
    I only started my myspace yesterday so there's not a lot on there and i'm still not sure how it works.

www.myspace.com/michaela_banana

i think. I'll try to add you if i can figure out how it works.

ps. in my experience prawn crackers normally have prawns in (even skips used to!) But why eat chinese when you can have curry!

ReputationRep:
    You choose your outside subjects in Freshers Week when you speak to your Adviser of Studies (or whatever they're called here) I believe.

ReputationRep:
    how does the outside subjects thing work? As a medic i don't get to do them.

ReputationRep:
    So reluctant to post my, my space. I'm barely on it. At the most, a few times a month and I barely update it and none of my close friends use myspace.

http://www1.myspace.com/renzastar

ReputationRep:
    I don't get to do an outside subject either.

That makes me kind of sad to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    well it is the best thing about going to edinburgh, as this is not something every university offers I don't think.

I will use my degree as an example, just to let you see...

First Year--- I will chose three subjects to study, as I have applied for a joint honours in English Language with Linguistics, they will be two of my subjects. My third subject can be anything I want, Law, Latin, Sociology, a Language, etc etc.

In second year I will continue those subjects i like best, which will probably be English Language and Linguistics and I get to chose another subject, which is not one I took in first year.

If in first year I find that Linguistics is too difficult or I don't enjoy it, I can chose to major in my "extra" subject, and I would continue that one into second year and drop Linguistics.

It's all pretty cool as it opens up our options!

Totally off the subject.... MY MUM JUST GOT ME A DIGITAL CAMERA FOR MY 18TH! YAY!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, ahh, went away for a week and this thread suddenly became massive!

Think ice skating sounds really fun, tho am also not the best to put it lightly!
    And meeting in George's sq to try and shake off the stalkers sounds wise too... i'll bring some mace:p:

Hey carly! Happy birthday?!!

Do any of you have bebo instead of myspace? It's really big over here, don't know about in the uk?

ReputationRep:
    may 7th is my birthday, but I have my Sixth Year Beach Party and the Muck Up Day and stuff to want to snap so I got it early

i dont have any of those... (my space and bebo)...

i've got msn, though (i like to keep it all simple, designing a web page is WAAAAYYYY over me!)

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh Playhouse is the best, I am in love with it! I bought my parents tickets to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang there on their wedding anniversary, it's my mums favourite show (that and Mary Poppins).

What do you guys like?

ReputationRep:
    Well a very happy b-day for the 7th My dad's is on the 6th oddly enough!

Saw mary poppins in london, so good, did any of you guys see don carlos or the history boys?? They're the two best I've seen. Also went to the opera at covent garden for the first time a couple of weeks ago which was amazing and I met roald dahl's wife

What's you favourite, carly? Also anybody into drama here? I'm not, tinsy bit too bloody terrifying for me, but wouldn't mind working backstage!

Humph, just looked up my name origin and Rose is either just like the flower, or possibly the Old-German for horse!:p: Damn!

ReputationRep:
    lol! horse! (just teasing. I'm sure it's about a lovely pretty flower, teehee!)

I love the opera at covent garden. I went once just to see what it was like and now i just want to go again and again (however of course i cannot afford it when it isn't a school trip)

I love doing music for the school plays. I did cabaret and west side story (this year they didn't do a musical because the great music teacher left). I can't act and I can't sing so i don't tend to get up on the stage. I think at uni i'd like to ge involved in costumes, that would be fun.

And thanks carly for the cubject info. You've cleared that up for me a lot

ReputationRep:
    that's okay michaela, happy to help

my favourite is The Steamie, it is the best! but that isn't a big musical as such, it's just so good though, i would recommend it!

I used to act, from the age of 8 i was on the stage. i was Tallulah in Bugsy Malone when I was 9 and Fizzy when i was 12. And I've done some other parts in heaps of shows, I love acting so much! It's soooo much fun! I stopped it all during my highers (too much work!) but i am defo going to start it up again in Edinburgh. Anyone else up for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluerose)
    Do any of you have bebo instead of myspace? It's really big over here, don't know about in the uk?
    i may possibly have that, i think i might have joined once as my friend stuck loads of photos from my birthday on there. I never go on though, so theres probably no point you adding me!

right, you know when everyone meets up when we go to edinburgh, how are we going to know who is who? i think we need a secret password, as they're fun...

ReputationRep:
    ooo, yeah, or we could all be eating an apple or something... :p:

ReputationRep:
    mmmm pink ladies... they are the best apples :p:

we could all wear badges with our username and name on... and then we can get a secret handshake, too....

i think the apple idea might be a good idea. although it would be very amusing if we all wandered up to people saying "peacock" (*or other password*.) it would be especially funny if they weren't from tsr and wondered what on earth we were doing. :p:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.