Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BNP. good or bad ? watch

• View Poll Results: what do you think of the BNP?
    good - positive role models for everyone
    8.00%
    ok, but could be better
    10.29%
    bad - wannabee nazis with ****** for leader
    81.71%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flux)
    As for voluntary repatriation, that would be for the law abiding folk, if they didn't want to go then so be it, they don't go.
    So you would be happy for the vast majority, and I mean vast, as in over 90% of immigrants to remain in this country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul Bedford)
    And you need to ask what is wrong with it?

Start with education and explain the funding for the proposals, remembering that they have agreed not to increase council tax by more than the rate of inflation.
    What's so expensive about their proposals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gideon2000uk)
    And they are united in the common cause of wanting to hang or at the very least lock-up homosexuals. Oh, how I love it when I can bring together Muslim Extremists and the BNP!
    What utter *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    I thought you BNP people were driven by 'truth'? Why do you always lie and hide your really opinions to save your face?

I've seen loads of BNP/NF type websites and forums, and in almost all cases the idiots manage to forge some kind of absurd relationship between the characteristics of a paedophile and the characteristics of a gay.

It takes a certain type of person who is willing to join a group like the BNP or NF, and homophobia is always a common attribute.
    Crap. Show me a "let's lock up all homosexuals" BNP policy or keep your anecdotes to yourselef Beekeeper.

ReputationRep:
    Where DO I start:

“We promise to bring back legislation forbidding homosexual acts – thus driving these revolting practices back into the closet where they belong.” (BNP General Election manifesto 1997)

“Homosexuality is wrong… We believe that the promotion of homosexuality should be banned not just in schools but also in the mass media” (Identity, the BNPs ‘Official Monthly magazine)

That'll do for now.

Let's just say you guys aren't big fans of people like me!
    Great quote from a decade old manifesto.

Not sure what "promotion of homosexuality" means exactly.

ReputationRep:
    and manifestos with budgets that can't add up.
    Wow! There's something really unique to British politics. Dubious accounting - *gasp* - what will they think of next?.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

I need to look after my interests and if it came to it, I would take up armed resistence against the BNP to defend the British state from authoritarian mob rule.
    I assume you're talking about a scenario whereby the BNP took power. In this case you'd be taking up arms against the state, rather than in its defense.

ReputationRep:
    The problem with the BNP is that an ill defined, majoritarian, 'common sense' national interest (typically that of the lowest common denominator, working class) is what they use to dictate policy. This idea is totally incompatible with individual liberty!
    Stuck up *******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    What's so expensive about their proposals?
    I don't do butler impressions.

How about you read it first and have a go at working it for yourself?

It's pretty damn straight forward and obvious, so if you can't be bothered to read the manifesto why do you think anyone else should be bothered to spend time writing out a post to you about how it's so over budget?

ReputationRep:
    Crap. Show me a "let's lock up all homosexuals" BNP policy or keep your anecdotes to yourselef Beekeeper.
    From only a few posts ago:

“We promise to bring back legislation forbidding homosexual acts – thus driving these revolting practices back into the closet where they belong.” (BNP General Election manifesto 1997)
    and from a BNP member discussing this question a few posts ago, and explaing how the homosexuals would be accomodated.

Prisons would be more empty because any criminals who aren't British would be "repatriated".
    You know I don't mind your quips and one liners, but at least read things, or make the effort to think before you make them.

Usually you come across quite well, but this little run of one liners was pretty lame, pretty pointless, and pretty factless.

ReputationRep:
    Great quote from a decade old manifesto.
    It's a policy isn't it?

How does it relate to their modern policy?

Have you read it, or are you hoping someone will run around fetching that for you too?

Not sure what "promotion of homosexuality" means exactly.
    Then why comment on it?

ReputationRep:
    Wow! There's something really unique to British politics. Dubious accounting - *gasp* - what will they think of next?.:rolleyes:
    There is dubious accounting, there is making mistakes, there is fiddling the books, and there is the out right impossible.

Are they all the same?

We've clearly established you were to lazy to even look at what we are talking about, and because of that this tired attempt at wit really just comes across as ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    I assume you're talking about a scenario whereby the BNP took power. In this case you'd be taking up arms against the state, rather than in its defense.
    Perhaps he doesn't, in which case his original line is correct.

His scenario is perfectly possible.

It really was an off night for you.

Attempts at humour and attempts to be clever in this thread failed one after another, rapid fire.

It's painful Howard, painful, and as I said I usually enjoy your comments, but these ones were weak and clearly not considered.

ReputationRep:
    Stuck up *******.
    I hope that was just another attempt at poor humour, because it was an accurate statement he made.

Like I said, bad little run you had there, well below your usual form.

ReputationRep:
    and from a BNP member discussing this question a few posts ago, and explaing how the homosexuals would be accomodated.

Prisons would be more empty because any criminals who aren't British would be "repatriated".
    1) I was answering the question not saying BNP policy
    2) I don't think it would be a good idea to put a lot of gay men into a jail

ReputationRep:
    Goodness! I seem to have upset Howard rather a lot today.

A decade old manifesto is all I have to go on since they've removed all mention of homosexuality from thier current one, so I assume that they aren't exactly going to be championing my rights.

My reference to 'working class' policies and appealing to the 'lowest common denominater' is perfectly accurate and I'm not being 'stuck up' when I say it. I'm simply suggesting that any party that stands up for the interests of a particular class without understanding the value of the liberty of the members of every member of the state is clearly not a party I would want to vote for. Especially if they are standing up for the interests of a class I don't belong to and especially if their economic policy will hold this country back.

ReputationRep:
    Goodness! I seem to have upset Howard rather a lot today.

A decade old manifesto is all I have to go on since they've removed all mention of homosexuality from thier current one, so I assume that they aren't exactly going to be championing my rights.

My reference to 'working class' policies and appealing to the 'lowest common denominater' is perfectly accurate and I'm not being 'stuck up' when I say it. I'm simply suggesting that any party that stands up for the interests of a particular class without understanding the value of the liberty of the members of every member of the state is clearly not a party I would want to vote for. Especially if they are standing up for the interests of a class I don't belong to and especially if their economic policy will hold this country back.
    You're right but I'd like to add that I'm sure the BNP would have a lot more supporters amongst the middle-upper classes were these social groups forced to - shock horror - live amongst ethnic minorities in their day to day life. And I fail to see how any party stands up for the values of every member of the state, surely representation for the working class is missing from any of the three main parties, so it's unsuprising that they turn to extreme alternatves.

ReputationRep:

It's painful Howard, painful, and as I said I usually enjoy your comments, but these ones were weak and clearly not considered.
    Yes. Booze doing the thinking. Absolutely crap posts on my part. Apologies all round.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Booze doing the thinking. Absolutely crap posts on my part. Apologies all round.
    Entertaining though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laika)
    You're right but I'd like to add that I'm sure the BNP would have a lot more supporters amongst the middle-upper classes were these social groups forced to - shock horror - live amongst ethnic minorities in their day to day life. And I fail to see how any party stands up for the values of every member of the state, surely representation for the working class is missing from any of the three main parties, so it's unsuprising that they turn to extreme alternatves.
    Hmm, we live among plenty of people from ethnic minority groups. Some of my best friends are Chinese and (shock horror) they are upper middle class too. They are perfectly normal and respectable people.

Racism is at it's very worst in the most working class areas, working class people are always looking for somebody else to blame for their own misfortunes. Oh how many times i've heard the 'their stealing our jobs' line!
    One minute the Governments to blame, then it's the Government AND the 'immigrants', then it's the rich. Whoever next?

I think it's about time a lot of people stopped feeling sorry for themselves and got themselves an education that not only enables them to think with a more open mind politically, but also which will equip them with the skills they actually require in the workplace so that they can do something with their lives other than moan about everyone else's fortunes.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.