Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandra)
    oh god that sucks! what a racket! (or raquet.. dont know how to spell that word lol) hopefully i get into HH. i remember visiting a friend who stayed right opp carr-saunders and there was construction there.. :eek: what a commotion! how can anyone work listening to all that!! :eek:
    "racket" => din

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e11even)
    I get easily agitated by noises actually, but the library's open 24 hours, right? But yeah, I'm hoping I get a room as far away as possible from the construction works. :s:
    Yeah i get disturbed by noises too; like my neighbour has about 50million dogs all in one cage and all they do is bark all day long!! you cannot imagine how annoying it is (let alone cruel to have all of them in there without taking them for a walk once in a blue moon!). But i can work with low music on, surprisngly. i hope i get into HH for that reason!
    Yeah definately, the library is the place to "hang" lol, i want to relax when i go to my room rather than have to bring work with me (well i would work i guess in there, but at least if theres a party or whatever, i wouldnt have to struggle working while its going on!)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i get disturbed by noises too; like my neighbour has about 50million dogs all in one cage and all they do is bark all day long!! you cannot imagine how annoying it is (let alone cruel to have all of them in there without taking them for a walk once in a blue moon!). But i can work with low music on, surprisngly. i hope i get into HH for that reason!
    Yeah definately, the library is the place to "hang" lol, i want to relax when i go to my room rather than have to bring work with me (well i would work i guess in there, but at least if theres a party or whatever, i wouldnt have to struggle working while its going on!)
    Awww... poor you, where is it that you live?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. I have 3 dogs myself and really when all of them start to howl it can be deafening indeed. Feel sorry for my neighbours too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexeynechaev)
    Awww... poor you, where is it that you live?:rolleyes:
    i hope you're not insinuating i live in a zoo or anything like that!

ReputationRep:
    i hope you're not insinuating i live in a zoo or anything like that!
    And why would I do that:rolleyes::p:?

ReputationRep:
    And why would I do that:rolleyes::p:?
    :eek: you evil little boy!!!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: you evil little boy!!!
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:
    hey dont laugh at mee :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    hey dont laugh at mee :dontknow:
    Awww... so sweet

ReputationRep:
    Awww... so sweet
    are you being patronising dear? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    are you being patronising dear? :rolleyes:
    Not at all, darling:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, darling:rolleyes:
    you arrreeee!! whats with the :rolleyes: look!! how rude!

ReputationRep:
    you arrreeee!! whats with the :rolleyes: look!! how rude!
    The kitty with claws is back:p:

ReputationRep:
    I've just got the reply from my appeal to LSE's rejection, and they have given me an offer for AAB.

YES, YES and YES.

ReputationRep:
    How did you manage that one?!! AAB!! I don't know of anyone who hasn't had an all A offer for Law!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1984198419841984)
    I've just got the reply from my appeal to LSE's rejection, and they have given me an offer for AAB.

YES, YES and YES.
    well done.. how does this appeal thing work .. !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quetia20)
    How did you manage that one?!! AAB!! I don't know of anyone who hasn't had an all A offer for Law!
    yeah exactly! what the hell?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1984198419841984)

YES, YES and YES.
    Congratulations. =] A friend appealed for L101 last year and received an offer too.

The appeal process is quite informal AFAIK. You just write a letter in to the LSE undergrad admissions office - and that's about it. Call them after a couple of days to ensure they've received your letter. And then maintain contact with them on a regular basis to check on the status of your application.. although don't cross the blurry line of being annoying.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, the offer came as a massive shock.

I was not expecting it, and the appeal was in many ways just a request for a feedback. LSE had told me that my rejection was due to my poor GCSE results, and my Head of Year wrote admissions a letter, informing them of my extenuating reasons as to why I achieved such terrible GCSE results.

Today we get a phone call that they are willing to offer me a place.

As for the AAB aspect of the offer, again, its a surprise as well, but a pleasant one.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2008
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.