Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    And look what happened to him.
    He kept the moral high ground and is loved and respected?

ReputationRep:
    And are we also sure that there will be no psychological effects on the torturers? And sure that the case won't set a precedence i.e. it won't make it easier for torture to go ahead when we're not so sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kapster)
    And are we also sure that there will be no psychological effects on the torturers?
    Well considering that they are about to be blown to hell I dont think that matters - but sure ... if you want; none.

(Original post by Kapster)
    And sure that the case won't set a precedence i.e. it won't make it easier for torture to go ahead when we're not so sure?
    Sure if you like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    And look what happened to him.
    Yeah, look what happened to the memory of him too.

Fact is, all major peace-activists end up being assassinated. It's the only thing that stops me crusading around Britain. Lets all hold hands. Stab. aaaargh. Humans can be loathsome. I want to be a cat.

ReputationRep:
    torture is wrong,but i think physical punishment is not.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf? How do you differentiate?

ReputationRep:
    Torture isn't punishment.... it is a means to extract information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Ace is Back)
    Torture isn't punishment.... it is a means to extract information.
    Tell that to Mary- Anns parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottonmouth)
    Tell that to Mary- Anns parents.
    "I cant believe you are taking that literally and twisting his words! It gets be so irrate! You Always do it! YOU KNOW he meant in this situation, not in general! You are so pedantic!"

Sound like anyone you know? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    "I cant believe you are taking that literally and twisting his words! It gets be so irrate! You Always do it! YOU KNOW he meant in this situation, not in general! You are so pedantic!"

Sound like anyone you know? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    You do like to waste your time, don't you? But glad you can see how annoying this technique is.

ReputationRep:
    You do like to waste your time, don't you? But glad you can see how annoying this technique is.
    Yes - you are a waste of time. I was just thinking that... must be my masochistic streak my talking to you.

Is it annoying? Not really, but it does add hypocrite to liar and sycophant on your list of attributes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Yes - you are a waste of time. I was just thinking that... must be my masochistic streak my talking to you.

Is it annoying? Not really, but it does add hypocrite to liar and sycophant on your list of attributes.

Oooh slander. If i was a successful guy and what you've just said was going to affect my job, i'd go and find a lawyer. One who actually works, and doesn't spend hour upon hour on a student website. Really, solicitors have waaaay more free time than i could have imagined. Off for easter?

ReputationRep:
    Oooh slander.
    You dont seem to have any grasp of this legal concept. Not surprising though.

If i was a successful guy and what you've just said was going to affect my job, i'd go and find a lawyer.
    But youre not... and the lawyer would tell you quite simply - **** off you have no case as you are:

a) A liar
    b) A hypocrite
    c) A sycophant

One who actually works, and doesn't spend hour upon hour on a student website. Really, solicitors have waaaay more free time than i could have imagined. Off for easter?
    Its a saturday mate, and amazingly enough, when I work, I am at a computer... it doesnt take much of my time dealing with purile guys like yourself.

Maybe Im just so good I dont need to work that hard? Ever thought of that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    He kept the moral high ground and is loved and respected?

nope he got killed.
    and in reference to your light/darkness point, when that light stands there and goes please go away the darkness laughs at it.
    give it a big sword and it stands a chance

ReputationRep:
    Being killed is inevitable for historical figures, else they'd all be immortal.

Give it a sword and it's not light anymore, it has become dark. No light anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    you can neg rep me all you like whoever is doing it.
    If you dont have a problem torturing people then im gonna keep calling you little hitlers. wont change my opinion.
    lots of you would, psychological experiments prove it, and it makes me sick. little hitlers. neg rep away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam83)
    you can neg rep me all you like whoever is doing it.
    If you dont have a problem torturing people then im gonna keep calling you little hitlers. wont change my opinion.
    lots of you would, psychological experiments prove it, and it makes me sick. little hitlers. neg rep away
    Im not surprised you get neg repped for using emotive mud-slinging posts like that.

The fact that you would liken someone who chose scenario B to Hitler, demonstrates a rare degree of disdain for the truth and logic. Not to mention common courtesy.

ReputationRep:
    You didn't actually specify which side that comment was directed at btw, Adam83.

ReputationRep:
    yea i know, was a mistake.
    but it should have been obvious

little hitlers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam83)
    little hitlers
    Any chance you'd like to substantiate your label? Or would you prefer to continue to look absurd?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.