Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Israel joining NATO? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    and being involved or having been involved in wars, does not make you anyless Western.

You seem to be very intent on attacking Europe to pardon Israels atrocities - may i ask where as a European Jew where your loyalties lie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    Yup. Ironically the only country in the region with WMDs, and the only country in the world that has them and denys having them (oh i think ive spouted out another palestinian propoganda lie):rolleyes:
    Fool. Israel has never denied having nuclear weapons. It refuses to confirm or deny the fact. A position it holds so as to avoid accusations that it is threatening others with nuclear weapons. So, once again, you're talking manifest crap about Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanH)
    Fool. Israel has never denied having nuclear weapons. It refuses to confirm or deny the fact. A position it holds so as to avoid accusations that it is threatening others with nuclear weapons. So, once again, you're talking manifest crap about Israel.
    I'm trying to get somebody to respond to the question of why the Jews have been and still are hated by so many; no response.
    I realise your own brand of debating skills and clear 'bridge-building' approach helps the Jewish cause enormously but you must surely accept that not all Jews are as intelligent as you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee8)
    I'm trying to get somebody to respond to the question of why the Jews have been and still are hated by so many; no response.
    I realise your own brand of debating skills and clear 'bridge-building' approach helps the Jewish cause enormously but you must surely accept that not all Jews are as intelligent as you.
    How about you go out and speak to some jews, instead of calling out the couple of joyless jews you found on the internet to answer for everyone in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Thud, who said you could speak for 250,000,000 americans. Nobody cares what you think they want, why dont you make it clear what your trying to achive, all i have seen is that you like to attack what other people say.

Your arguments have absolutly no direction with in them, it is just trying to aruge against what anyone else says.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _jackofdiamonds)
    How about you go out and speak to some jews, instead of calling out the couple of joyless jews you found on the internet to answer for everyone in the world.
    I'm not asking 'those two' I know the way they respond. I'd be more interested to hear from non-jews. Clearly you're more likely to get a rational answer from them!!
    I'm asking those who take part in this sort of thread because I assume somebody has a reason to explain some of the conflict.
    I suppose you're right it's no good asking such people.

ReputationRep:
    I've given you answers before, you were not satisfied. It seems clear that you want nothing else but to pin the blame for the unpopularity of Jews upon Jews themselves and I am not going to co-operate with someone like that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a non-Jew, and I think I've got an answer:

1. People who hate Jews are anti-semites
    2. Anti-semites are ignorant
    3. Ignorant people often do irrational things

It's good enough for me. 2 seems quite obvious, as does 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phawkins1988)
    I'm a non-Jew, and I think I've got an answer:

1. People who hate Jews are anti-semites
    2. Anti-semites are ignorant
    3. Ignorant people often do irrational things

It's good enough for me. 2 seems quite obvious, as does 3.
    I think, or hope, one of the problems on this thread is the main proponents of the Jewish cause, because of their 'style', do more harm than good. That's also true, I suppose, of some 'on the other side'.

It's a pity because as with any debate it's nice to at least achieve something positive instead of polarising views and causing even more conflict.

ReputationRep:
    DeeDee, I agree that JonathanH's and Bismarck's 'style' is rather confrontational. But I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Everyone has their own style. But, I do think that neither would have to be confrontational if people stopped saying stupid things re: Jews or Israel.

ReputationRep:
    DeeDee, I agree that JonathanH's and Bismarck's 'style' is rather confrontational. But I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Everyone has their own style. But, I do think that neither would have to be confrontational if people stopped saying stupid things re: Jews or Israel.
    No one said anything stupid with regards to Jews or Israelis...

Their ears hurt when they hear the truth, rather their eyes burn when they see the truth... they're always on the defensive, and very insulting.

ReputationRep:
    Now, there are plently enough goyim around these forums who are equally confrontational. I think it's something to do with this website more than anything.
    If I judged Israel by the attitude of everyone on here I see talking about it I'd think it was a right miserable old place. Thankfully the majority of Israelis I know are an absolute riot and don't take themselves seriously, even when debating this and that. It's all different strokes for all different folks as they say. You should widen your horizons deedee, you might even have a bit of fun!

ReputationRep:
    Is that a reference to something I said?

ReputationRep:
    Now, there are plently enough goyim around these forums who are equally confrontational. I think it's something to do with this website more than anything.
    If I judged Israel by the attitude of everyone on here I see talking about it I'd think it was a right miserable old place. Thankfully the majority of Israelis I know are an absolute riot and don't take themselves seriously, even when debating this and that. It's all different strokes for all different folks as they say. You should widen your horizons deedee, you might even have a bit of fun!
    Widen with regard to what 'jackof diamonds', trying to have a meaningful debate or join in the slanging?

ReputationRep:
    Is that a reference to something I said?
    Not at all.

But the amount of "MNNGHHH!!! Israel is illegal!" posts on here beggars belief.

ReputationRep:
    Widen with regard to what 'jackof diamonds', trying to have a meaningful debate or join in the slanging?
    Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander too.

ReputationRep:
    Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander too.
    As the 'famous two' will tell you I'm pretty thick. I still don't understand what you meant but it doesn't matter, thats not what this reply is about.

How can sauce for the goose also be for the gander. You can't use it twice can you?

I totally agree about the Routemaster though!!

ReputationRep:
    isrelian dont have any mercy. not on even innocent chidren.

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QN9N3H0WQNM/SYFrCMvLR4I/AAAAAAAAAaQ/n2***99B_pE/s400/brave_idf_soldier.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thisisr...ream/lightbox/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuth)
    Why should it be based on geographic location? Surely geographic loction should not stop nations with similar international concerns from formaing a formal alliance.

If Israel were to join NATO then it would be worth something more than it is now. It is a mutuall defence treaty, this would help ensure that the threat from Iran is properly kept under control. Iran wouldn't dare attack Israel if this meant attacking NATO.
    Because NATO stands for North Atlantic Treaty Organisation...

Not that I care, but if it becomes open to everyone it'll become the same as the UN..

Rendering it redundant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hm00152)
    isrelian dont have any mercy. not on even innocent chidren.

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QN9N3H0WQNM/SYFrCMvLR4I/AAAAAAAAAaQ/n2***99B_pE/s400/brave_idf_soldier.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thisisr...ream/lightbox/

(Original post by Barden)
    Because NATO stands for North Atlantic Treaty Organisation...

Not that I care, but if it becomes open to everyone it'll become the same as the UN..

Rendering it redundant.

This thread is from 2006....

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.