31.33%
No (57)
68.67%
Longshoredrift80
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That more affected my stomach-content levels.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't know the details behind his capture but if it was kept quiet you would have thought they could have shipped him off to an "ally" on terror and had them torture his fundamentalist arse

^^ not a fan of torture myself, just thought they could have extracted more information out of him that way, he'd be begging for a death sentence then.
Atomik
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)
Why should it make a blind bit of difference if someone is a Muslim or not?
Because he/she is having a go at somebody for advocating the death of a man who was responsible for the killing of thousands of people. And, incidentally, the person who killed all those people was a Muslim. It's just a common trait I find among even moderate Muslims - they will defend Muslim extremists.
Agent Smith
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ah yes, I find also that right-wingers are quicker than most to defend fascists, and left-wingers to defend communists. Also Jews tend to leap to the defence of Israel and Buddhists of Tibet.

The word is "common denominator", but just because you share something with someone doesn't mean you automatically defend them. I'm not a great fan of, say, Ian Paisley, even though I share a fair few characteristics with him.

More to the point, arguing against killing someone on principle is miles away from supporting their views/methods/whatever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (158)
51.8%
No (147)
48.2%

Watched Threads