Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should he be executed? watch

• View Poll Results: Should he be executed?
    Yes
    31.33%
    No
    68.67%

ReputationRep:
    That more affected my stomach-content levels.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know the details behind his capture but if it was kept quiet you would have thought they could have shipped him off to an "ally" on terror and had them torture his fundamentalist arse

^^ not a fan of torture myself, just thought they could have extracted more information out of him that way, he'd be begging for a death sentence then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    Why should it make a blind bit of difference if someone is a Muslim or not?
    Because he/she is having a go at somebody for advocating the death of a man who was responsible for the killing of thousands of people. And, incidentally, the person who killed all those people was a Muslim. It's just a common trait I find among even moderate Muslims - they will defend Muslim extremists.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, I find also that right-wingers are quicker than most to defend fascists, and left-wingers to defend communists. Also Jews tend to leap to the defence of Israel and Buddhists of Tibet.

The word is "common denominator", but just because you share something with someone doesn't mean you automatically defend them. I'm not a great fan of, say, Ian Paisley, even though I share a fair few characteristics with him.

More to the point, arguing against killing someone on principle is miles away from supporting their views/methods/whatever.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.