Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

It Polls for Thee: Secretary General Election Time! watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Vote for your preferred SG. YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS.
    Nightowl
    60.00%
    Wootcannon
    6.67%
    Brimstone
    30.00%
    Ahmed
    0%
    ABSTAIN
    3.33%

ReputationRep:
    I love being Subbed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightowl)
    I love being Subbed
    México too. México is afraid that México had to sub itself due to impatience at not being subbed by someone else:rolleyes:
    México wonders if there is anything good on TV yet.

ReputationRep:
    CSI Vegas Folllowed by CSI Miami is on Tuesday on Channel Five. The Brazilian rep has returned from watching Charmed of Living Tv +1 (This season of Charmed is CRAP) I think that on living tv now, Will and Grace has just ended and CSI is about to begin

ReputationRep:
    China is watching the news now, then Newsnight, then "Dont watch that watch this".

ReputationRep:
    Brazil has gone back to watching The O.C. Then will most prob watch one episode of Supernatural that is on my comp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnaChance)
    CSI Vegas Folllowed by CSI Miami is on Tuesday on Channel Five. The Brazilian rep has returned from watching Charmed of Living Tv +1 (This season of Charmed is CRAP) I think that on living tv now, Will and Grace has just ended and CSI is about to begin
    México agrees with Brazil over the fact that Charmed sucks as of late. México doesn't understand who the new blond girl with annoying voice is, or what she is doing there with her annoying voice.
    México is currently watching 'My Name is Earl' on E4. México finds it fairly amusing, almost as much as Scrubs.
    After that México is free for a half hour before CSI. Life is good for México.

ReputationRep:
    China has been delving in the history of this MUN, and found this, the thread in which our outgoing Secretary General was elected in:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=151818

I noticed the candidates were being scrutinised somewhat more comprehsively than in this current election, so I thought I would say that if anyone has any questions about how any of the cadidates would run the MUN, feel free to ask.

ReputationRep:
    And here's me thinking the longest thread in the MUN forum might actually be discussing the MUN.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    China has been delving in the history of this MUN, and found this, the thread in which our outgoing Secretary General was elected in:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=151818

I noticed the candidates were being scrutinised somewhat more comprehsively than in this current election, so I thought I would say that if anyone has any questions about how any of the cadidates would run the MUN, feel free to ask.
    How would you run the MUN?
    México is always straight to the point.

ReputationRep:
    Apollo - Unfortunately, the longest thread in MUN history is infact my infamous Valentines day thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=189780

Pappy - my answer is coming

ReputationRep:
    Apollo - Unfortunately, the longest thread in MUN history is infact my infamous Valentines day thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=189780

Pappy - my answer is coming
    *grumbles*
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Malta would like to ask the candidates how they will benefit the UN by becoming the next SG.

Maybe this had already been asked and maybe I've already voted...but it might get things back on topic in here.... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddylad)
    México agrees with Brazil over the fact that Charmed sucks as of late. México doesn't understand who the new blond girl with annoying voice is, or what she is doing there with her annoying voice.
    México is currently watching 'My Name is Earl' on E4. México finds it fairly amusing, almost as much as Scrubs.
    After that México is free for a half hour before CSI. Life is good for México.
    I should warn you I'm about to enter a rant.

I know, I mean S8 Has no story Arc. S7 had the Avatars S6 had Chris coming from the future S5 Had Wyatt being born S4 had Cole S3 Had The Source blah blah blah All it has is Billie (Annoying Blonde Girl) Since when was the Show Charmed Billie? All about freaking Billie. I'm currently watching Charmed for the sake of it. The only good thing about current season is Henry (Because he is so darn good to look at) the bad things are shipping of Leo in an Ice Block, no Darryl and on and on and on. Back to Business...

ReputationRep:
    Okay let us get back to discussing the SG, no more TV shows, Carrots (Okay we'll get back to the voting of the carrots later) and freaky talk

Do we even have Manifesto's?

ReputationRep:
    I should warn you I'm about to enter a rant.

I know, I mean S8 Has no story Arc. S7 had the Avatars S6 had Chris coming from the future S5 Had Wyatt being born S4 had Cole S3 Had The Source blah blah blah All it has is Billie (Annoying Blonde Girl) Since when was the Show Charmed Billie? All about freaking Billie. I'm currently watching Charmed for the sake of it. The only good thing about current season is Henry (Because he is so darn good to look at) the bad things are shipping of Leo in an Ice Block, no Darryl and on and on and on. Back to Business...
    México agrees with everything Brazil has said. México indeed had wondered where Leo had gone, and is too watching Charmed for the sake of it, hoping the annoying blond one will go the way of the dinosaurs.
    Anywho, México repeats its original question to China.
    EDIT: México is loving the Valentines post!

ReputationRep:
    i suppose this applies to both Paddy and Roger's questions.

Well it's no secret that I am a reformer in the MUN. However, I do understand people's concern that we may be reformed to death. Therefore, while giving every reform I (attempt) to make a fair amount of time to be properly scrutinised, I am determined not to make this an "admin club" as the current SG called it. I will (attempt) to carry out my reforms over time going slowly enough so the threads not realted to actual discussion seem very infrequent.

In regards to discipline, I will try to be as fair as possible. I will make sure everything is done by the book. I will also review and edit the Feneral Rules sticky, to make it more up to date with what we see in the MUN today. I will also clear up the rules on inactive reps.

I will endevour to keep threads on topic. This sounds silly coming from me but tis true, however I won't object to the ocassional completely random threads, such as this one/The Valentine's thread (I.e. Special occassions )

Anything else you wish to know do ask

ReputationRep:
    Do we even have Manifesto's? yes we do:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=211678

Only two of us has bothered so far though

ReputationRep:
    Me like Both

ReputationRep:
    Me like Both
    México agrees with Brazil's articulate statement.

ReputationRep:
    I think we've already established that unless I'm following my passion (Which is writing fiction stories) I suck at all things wordy. Know me as Queen Nerd. The one with inappropriate sarcasm in catastophes and always is blunt and sarcastic. Think a not so suttle mix between Anya from Buffy and Seth from The O.C.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.