Turn on thread page Beta

Would anyone else not want their gf to give them a bj? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I can't be bothered to read all the way through this thread but anyway; I wouldn't give anyone a bj because I don't like the idea. I just think it's unhygenic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i said i would refuse because i didnt want her to degrade herself. Since (we both) consider the act degrading. .......get it ?
    If you were with me, and I didn't see the act as degrading in any way, if I wanted to do it just to pleasure you, just to make you happy. Would you let me, or would you refuse??

If you would refuse, which I presume will be your answer [sorry if I'm wrong] - then why would you refuse?? Because you would see it as me degrading myself??

ReputationRep:
    I really would never like my girl friend to give me a blow job, its nothing to do with hygiene, i just think its degrading. Before people say that its "normal" to ask for a bj or anal sex, its not, the mouth and anus are not sexual organs ~ if my gf ever started id ask her to stop and id explain why, anyone else feel the same way or are you all for it?

Just curious.

"Changing to a lower state (a less respected state)"
    That, right there, is the definition of degrading.
    It is a personal choice over whether something is degrading. So whilst I can't actually fault you for finding it degrading, I could ask why you feel that. If it's nothing to do with hygeine... It's more to do with the mixing of bodily parts that you feel aren't meant to go together?
    Why aren't they meant to go together? Because they don't fit? Because they produce nothing?

Before I start reasoning with you, I just want to know why you find it degrading. And there's 4 pages for me to read through, at 40 replies per page, and counting. I've skimmed, and I can't remember you having said exactly why. Of course, if you have, feel free to direct me to that post and I'll reply from that...

Another question: do you think that it is still degrading if two other people are known to have partaken in oral sex, if neither of them find it degrading, and both wished to take part?

(Original post by Profesh)
    For the sake of argument, I would that you define 'sexual' in this context. After all, as the phenomenon of female circumcision has made abundantly evident, the clitoris is not necessary to pro-creation or even 'sex' per se: in fact, as proven by the phenomenon of 'in vitro' fertilisation, corporeal juxtaposition of the pudenda (or 'reproductive' organs) in such a manner as to constitute 'intercourse' can be similarly circumvented altogether. Consequently, 'sexual' must obtain rather from connotations of sensual or 'erotic' stimulation as derived via the putative 'erogenous zones' often (albeit arbitrarily) involved in coitus; to wit, the anus inasmuch as the clitoris, vagina, glans, foreskin, prostate, feet, neck, back, eyes, et cetera. Conversely, the uterus, despite being what is arguably the sole quintessentially 'progenitory' organ (at least, at the time of my writing this), is amenable to no (known) comparable stimulus. Ironic, no?

Better start working on that rationalisation then, I suppose.
    i dont think i can rationalise why i find it to be degrading so that everyone will accept it, but nor do i think anyone can say its not degrading and prove it.

- btw, do you have to talk like that, its quite difficult to understand since this is casual discussion...

(tho i do know the guy well enough to know he wouldn't do that....)

Don't they all say that (until they break up)?

ReputationRep:
    i dont think i can rationalise why i find it to be degrading so that everyone will accept it, but nor do i think anyone can say its not degrading and prove it.

- btw, do you have to talk like that, its quite difficult to understand since this is casual discussion...
    That's just how Profesh is..

...get used to it

(Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    My opinion is that IT'S NOT ****ING DEGRADING!!!!!! :mad:

Can i be much clearer on the subject??

if you think it is, don't do it. But equally if you're going to judge me on it then don't expect me to sit back and take it...
    we already know that, but you were trying to justify it..using the wrong explanation We weren't judging you, we were trying to explain what you were doing wrong when telling us your opinion, but you were on a wild rampage so you didnt hear any of it!

ReputationRep:
    When I was at school, the idea of a BJ was sordid and yuck and everything. A girl could get called a slapper if she hung out with guys, had plenty of boyfriends, etc., but got called a lot worse if word got around that she gave many guys a BJ. I don't know how that worked, honestly, but it's really put me off, and the idea of actually *doing it* squicks me anyway.

I don't particularly care if I'm old-fashioned. I don't care if I end up having a really boring sex life. I don't want to feel uncomfortable. That's all . My first boyfriend broke up with me because I didn't sleep with him (which was because I was uncomfortable and didn't want to). He was a jerk, and I don't particularly fancy having to deal with that again, TBH.

ReputationRep:
    (tho i do know the guy well enough to know he wouldn't do that....)

Don't they all say that (until they break up)?
    FYI we have broken up before....

...andhe didn't go around saying it then.

And if i need relationship advice, i sure as hell won't be asking you

and to profesh...i was referring to sexual reproductive organ...obviously :P ...when i wrote it anyway

Anonymous #1: would you be so kind as to state the country of your upbringing/birth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangaroo)
    we already know that, but you were trying to justify it..using the wrong explanation We weren't judging you, we were trying to explain what you were doing wrong when telling us your opinion, but you were on a wild rampage so you didnt hear any of it!
    If i want to give my bf a blow job-i will. Neither of us find it degrading. If we did it wouldn't happen as most people in realationships tend to respect the others opinions/beliefs

If you're telling me i'm wrong, that's your opinion, i just disagree with it

ReputationRep:
    You think it's degrading, I don't.

difference of opinion, no biggie. what you get up to or don't get up to in the privacy of your own bedroom is of no concern to me. So please don't make it your business to tell all the straight girls here who don't mind venturing south that they're degrading themselves but they just don't know it.

Well, it can be degrading. But sometimes that's half the fun, no?
    Different strokes for different folks. I'm glad that you and your other half are so compatible in the bedroom. But don't inflict your moral dilema on those who really don't care if what they do is degrading or not.

Anonymous #1: would you be so kind as to state the country of your upbringing/birth?
    for the majority (3+) London

ReputationRep:
    Basically if you find it degrading, then it is degrading yourself to do it.

I don't see it that way, so I'm not degrading myself.

You can't judge of something I do is degrading myself. That's my main point.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, some people people don't feel that performing oral sex isn't degrading because THEY don't feel degraded.

However, they ARE/CAN BE degraded without feeling it themselves.

For example, if someone commits a murder they may feel they aren't degraded but others may feel that this DOES degrade them.

Thats the point. You can't decide whether or not its degrading - other people decide.

I wasn't giving relationship advice. And the fact that you've broken up before is suggestive...

(Original post by dogtanian)

difference of opinion, no biggie. what you get up to or don't get up to in the privacy of your own bedroom is of no concern to me. So please don't make it your business to tell all the straight girls here who don't mind venturing south that they're degrading themselves but they just don't know it.

Well, it can be degrading. But sometimes that's half the fun, no?
    Different strokes for different folks. I'm glad that you and your other half are so compatible in the bedroom. But don't inflict your moral dilema on those who really don't care if what they do is degrading or not.

I wasn't. At least not that i can pin point, was explaining why i thought it was degrading when asked..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)

Thank you!! Jesus, you said in like a paragraph what it took me a million posts to.

Anonymous #1: so you've never lived in a country more than 3 years? Where were you born?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.