Onepiece92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Covevsy)
Hey all! I've accepted an over to study primary teaching next year however my big dilemma is whether to stay at home and commute, or apply for accommodation in halls. I obviously want to live away for at least the first year and experience the uni life but I've looked at the cost and it would leave me with virtually no money left from my student loan. Alternatively, I live in Coventry and could get to Northampton and back on the train quite easily, saving money. Need some advice!!! is it worth being skint just to live on campus? does it make studying/attending the course easier? also the social side, will I miss out if I'm living at home? Thanks in advance
Hey im at london college of fashion atm,the course was ****!!so im changing to northampton and i commuted for a year...got 2 weeks left...its been the worst year ever..the commute has killed me!!honestly i think i was just to scared to move to london!!im glad i didnt now..but basically i spend like 4 hours a day travelling..i live in milton keynes btw!!

MOVE MOVE MOVE! just do it honestly dw about the money!work for a few months in the summer and save everything you can!!You will enjoy the course so much more just being able to walk into uni..or get a 15 minute bus!! well anyway thats my opinion from my experience!!

oh what course are you doing?

hope this helped a bit? xx
falafel94
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Has anybody got a letter about choosing their course modules? I'm a bit confused, because I was stuck between three subjects to study at University: Politics, History or English, and so the reason Northampton had appealed to me was because I was told if I did a Joint Honours in two of the subjects, I would be able to pick a few odd modules here and there in the third subject, so I'd effectively be able to split my degree three ways - yet I've just received an email saying that the History modules that I had put myself down for are not available to English/Politics students - so now I'm confused/annoyed that I firmed them on the flexibility of the course, but that turned out to not be true Has anybody else had a similar problem?
shelby:)
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Covevsy)
Hey all! I've accepted an over to study primary teaching next year however my big dilemma is whether to stay at home and commute, or apply for accommodation in halls. I obviously want to live away for at least the first year and experience the uni life but I've looked at the cost and it would leave me with virtually no money left from my student loan. Alternatively, I live in Coventry and could get to Northampton and back on the train quite easily, saving money. Need some advice!!! is it worth being skint just to live on campus? does it make studying/attending the course easier? also the social side, will I miss out if I'm living at home? Thanks in advance
Hello! Personally I was advised to live away from home at any uni that I ended up going to because it means you can get wrapped up in everything that goes on and be part of it all. Im looking forward to being totally independant and being so poor is part of that I guess
Blaze008
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i might be coming to do accounting and finance. got an unconditional but debating between northampton and birmingham city where i would do accounting on its own. anyone else doing the same course? and how hard is it getting a part time job there?
cheers!
NoDescription
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Could I have a recommendation as to which campus/hall I should apply to. What are the preferred choices?
beckieB
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
https://www.facebook.com/groups/577693108918123/
A group made for people staying in Bassett Lowke Halls 2013/2014 to try and help people find their flatmates and other stuff
owngirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't know if anyone received a letter about Module Choice, well people should have but I didn't know how to start my question, so I just put that...Shutting up now...Anyway, I don't know if anyone's doing Media Production, but 2 out of 3 of the media ones don't have a group to go with it, ya know, like, Time slot: Group A, whatever.
So anyway I was just thinking, because it doesn't have a group should I just leave it blank when I send it back?
So yh, that's all I wanna know!!!
Abi~83
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kitkat09041995)
Hey anyone doing biology or human biosciences in September. Or staying in William Carey.
Hi, I've got a conditional offer for Human bioscience in September but im staying in Simon Senlis
naomilouise17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I live in coventry also! And I've accepted spencer
copeland94
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey is anyone staying in Spencer Perceval flat 27? I can't seem to find anyone who is :L
danb95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone in Margaret bonfield halls? I'm in ground floor flat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kitkat09041995
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abi~83)
Hi, I've got a conditional offer for Human bioscience in September but im staying in Simon Senlis
Omg someone on my course finally

add me on Facebook katie reilly

whatwas your offe
Elyjuliane
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey! I've got a condition offer for human bioscience too but I'm staying in spencer percerval, it seems to me that we are all around the uni lol because I haven't found anyone doing this course in my hall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Elyjuliane
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kitkat09041995)
Hey anyone doing biology or human biosciences in September. Or staying in William Carey.
Well I think everyone doing that course is spread around because I'm doing human bioscience and I'm staying in spencer Perceval

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kitkat09041995
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Elyjuliane)
Well I think everyone doing that course is spread around because I'm doing human bioscience and I'm staying in spencer Perceval

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know it seems that way!! you should add me n Facebook katie reilly
mlerob01
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BrynGriffiths)
Just a little message to see if there is any other paramedic science offerees out there??
Hii i got an offer the other day, i've accepted and am about to apply for accommodation!!
EmilyCollins
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anybody here simon senlis flat 2?
EmilyCollins
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Which flat?
Abi~83
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by EmilyCollins)
Which flat?
Hi! I'm in flat 47
EmilyCollins
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Aww cool, seen loads of flat 47 people between here and facebook!
No flat 2's yet though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Northampton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
    Sat, 7 Dec '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads