EL77
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arsey)
Well you should get 2 marks for e).

as for f) if you said 0.4038 is close to 0.4 so suitable that should get you a mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh okay i see, thank you, at least thats only one mark lost in that question. also in 4c do you think i would have got any marks for doing P(127<L<133), and when evaluating the skewness i wrote weak positive correlation not just positive correlation? is that correct?
akrubas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks for the mark scheme I predict roughly 66-70 depending on how method marks are structured, as I fudged up a part B of a question and then that lead me to make mistakes on every part except part C, but still thank you
EL77
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arsey)
Well you should get 2 marks for e).

as for f) if you said 0.4038 is close to 0.4 so suitable that should get you a mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
btw for f i think i wrote 100 x 0.4038 which gives you 40 people which is what is predicted in the table, rather then just writing 40/100 = 0.4038. thats technically saying the same thing right?
TanishaBellum
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Humzah96)
Sorry having trouble with the app

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I also worked it out for B or Not C! I got 0.89...

I then worked it out correctly at home and got 0.44. Stupid mistake really!

Would I get 1 mark for working or something?
GodiffL
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For part 6A, i wrote that the probability for x was 2/6 instead of 1/3.. Will i loose any marks for not putting it in its simplest form??
Arsey
Badges: 10
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by mrcool1995)
normal distribution last part...i worked out greater than 133 probability.....how many marks out of 4 will i get. 2?
already answered that one
Arsey
To everyone asking about P(L>133)

if you worked this out correctly you will get 2/4
Arsey
(Original post by Humzah96)
Also arsey i didnt draw a tree diagram i drew a sample space, clearly circled relevnt outcomes and wrote my answer as 5/12 then i said which die is correct in each case is that four marks?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
sounds fine for 4 marks
Arsey
(Original post by GodiffL)
For part 6A, i wrote that the probability for x was 2/6 instead of 1/3.. Will i loose any marks for not putting it in its simplest form??
no
ljh950912
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Looking at the wording of 4c,
I think the answer 0.0139. This is because the question doesn't clarify that the phone was turned on at the beginning of the journey, at 127 hours. Therefore we cannot use the 'given that' equation for this. Well, this is what I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsey
(Original post by TanishaBellum)
I also worked it out for B or Not C! I got 0.89...

I then worked it out correctly at home and got 0.44. Stupid mistake really!

Would I get 1 mark for working or something?
no
GodiffL
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arsey)
no
Thanks!
cera ess six
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arsey)
X
irrelevant to S1 but you have any predictions for C3 this Jan? you predicted the 'Sum of' formula for C2 in may!
Arsey
(Original post by EL77)
btw for f i think i wrote 100 x 0.4038 which gives you 40 people which is what is predicted in the table, rather then just writing 40/100 = 0.4038. thats technically saying the same thing right?
you will get the 2 marks for e) if what you wrote above was your answer for f) you will probably get 1 mark.
EL77
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arsey)
you will get the 2 marks for e) if what you wrote above was your answer for f) you will probably get 1 mark.
oh okay thank you
otrivine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arsey)
Hi arsey how are you

quick question for D1 do you think scheduling could come up and what do u predict will be the D1 harder than june 2012
Arsey
(Original post by ljh950912)
Looking at the wording of 4c,
I think the answer 0.0139. This is because the question doesn't clarify that the phone was turned on at the beginning of the journey, at 127 hours. Therefore we cannot use the 'given that' equation for this. Well, this is what I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I made the same point, very poorly worded, but having seen the actual mark scheme I know you are wrong.
dank-knight
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey just wamted to point out your last question is wrong
your b join c should be be 0.09 check it with a join b 0,35 x 0.45 does not equal to 0.13

Instand, you should use the fact that it is mutual exclusive to find auc=0.65 and then you find the answer.

I used your method too, so i know its wrong. My friend told me the right method afterwards but i forgot it
chignesh10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arsey)
I made the same point, very poorly worded, but having seen the actual mark scheme I know you are wrong.
You already have the actual mark scheme!?!

What does it say for the wordy question in number 1 and the wordy question in the normal distribution>?
ljh950912
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arsey)
Is there any possibility that the exam board will accept both answers or something? Having seen what people have said, almost half of the people got 0.0139. In addition, bad wording is kinda their fault, isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (160)
59.26%
No I haven't decided yet (64)
23.7%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise