Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ice Hockey watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachaelBee)
    Didn't get to watch the last game and I can't bring myself to watch the highlights.
    :hugs:

Really thought it would be another Bruins year aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RHCPfan)
    :hugs:

Really thought it would be another Bruins year aswell.
    Me too, the Blackhawks were pretty impressive though. Hmph.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Do you guys watch any hockey in the UK? When I'm back in Glasgow I'll be able to go and see the Braehead Clan which is exciting. Won't be the same as being in Canada but still...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Do you guys watch any hockey in the UK? When I'm back in Glasgow I'll be able to go and see the Braehead Clan which is exciting. Won't be the same as being in Canada but still...
    I used to until the Vipers folded, but hopefully I can get to see the Dundee Stars next season when I'm at uni
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by pratstercs)
    I used to until the Vipers folded, but hopefully I can get to see the Dundee Stars next season when I'm at uni
    Well esp if you end up at St Andrews :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It's the NHL draft today.

Looking forward to seeing the picks.

Rumours abound that the Bruins would consider trading Seguin - any thoughts on that?

I know he didn't have a great playoffs or postseason, but he's 21, so far from being the finished article yet. I think the Bruins might regret it if they don't give him another year. However, there is the wages cap of course, which could be the deciding factor as to whether Seguin leaves or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Yep, Steelers fan here. Curious to see what Finnerty and the players he took to Braehead will do next season.

(Original post by VitaCoco)
    It's the NHL draft today.

Looking forward to seeing the picks.

Rumours abound that the Bruins would consider trading Seguin - any thoughts on that?

I know he didn't have a great playoffs or postseason, but he's 21, so far from being the finished article yet. I think the Bruins might regret it if they don't give him another year. However, there is the wages cap of course, which could be the deciding factor as to whether Seguin leaves or not.
    I thought he actually had a cracking run in the playoffs BUT no goals, so frustrating! >.< He deserved to score more than anyone out there and I think he'd be a massive loss.

ReputationRep:
    I thought he actually had a cracking run in the playoffs BUT no goals, so frustrating! >.< He deserved to score more than anyone out there and I think he'd be a massive loss.
    I thought his playoff season wasn't that bad, but it seems the lack of goals is an issue with some Bruins fans, but from what I saw of his play, I wouldn't be disappointed to see him in my side.

The trade rumours have died down a bit now, but as I've learnt in the past from the draft, expect the unexpected at some point!

ReputationRep:
    YES!!! I love ice hockey!!!

I used to play, stopped for a bit, and now I would like to start again in the brilliant sport. Really miss it actually - I follow Detroit Red Wings and Slavia Prague (I'm half Czech also, so I guess it's in the blood!)

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose there's any Islander fans here?

ReputationRep:
    Hockey thread is slow considering it's the first day of FA. I'll start off then. Alfredson signed a 5.5m/1yr contract with Detroit. Never thought I'd see him leave Ottawa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJDevils1214)
    Hockey thread is slow considering it's the first day of FA. I'll start off then. Alfredson signed a 5.5m/1yr contract with Detroit. Never thought I'd see him leave Ottawa.
    I'd have thought retirement was more likely. Apparently he tweeted that it was because he hasn't won a Stanley Cup, how likely do you think it is that he will with Detroit before he reaches retirement age?

ReputationRep:
    Tyler Seguin traded to Dallas Stars.

Didn't see that one coming.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have thought retirement was more likely. Apparently he tweeted that it was because he hasn't won a Stanley Cup, how likely do you think it is that he will with Detroit before he reaches retirement age?
    The funny thing is that I don't think that DET has a much better chance to win it than Ottawa. They are pretty much both contenders. DET has a slight advantage now that they will be in the East. He did say the reason he left was selfishness, I don't blame him. He put in good time in OTT and got them close. You can't be too mad for him wanting to win a cup before he retires.

I certainly didn't see Dallas trading Louie Eriksson. Seguin was playing sub-par, but still surprising and now Boston has another guy to step in and produce right away. Better than Horton too. I think the biggest surprise was Ryan to the Sens. I would be weary about him since he is such a big Flyers fanboy. I have a feeling come FA he might choose to walk. The Flyers won't have to try very hard to lure him in.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here play? The plan is for me to go to Uni in the UK and I am debating the logistics of bringing my stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe no one posted about Kovalchuk retiring. I am pretty upset about it.

ReputationRep:
    What is it about New Jersey that makes people homesick...

On the plus side, London Racers are reforming!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here play? The plan is for me to go to Uni in the UK and I am debating the logistics of bringing my stuff.
    Depends on where you go in the UK.

(Original post by MartyBrodeur)
    What is it about New Jersey that makes people homesick...

On the plus side, London Racers are reforming!
    They certainly are.

ReputationRep:
    I used to play in England. I'd advise bringing your own stuff, equipment is ridiculously expensive in the UK..

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here follow international hockey? I'm Slovak so I have the joys of supporting my team on the World Championship every year

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 2, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.