Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Post a picture of the most beautiful country you've visited :) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchen102)
    My second place is probably one of the most peaceful place I've ever visited. It's a small ski village in Switzerland called Grindenwald near Interlaken. As you can imagine with Switzerland it hold beauty and scenery unparalleled in Europe. My camera doesn't do it justice though.
    Attachment 205622

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Grindelwald is just as beautiful if not more in the winter too! Name:  GRINDELWALD1.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  129.5 KBName:  GRINDELWALD2.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  51.3 KB
    Name:  GRINDELWALD3.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  126.5 KB

Name:  boudry.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  8.7 KB<< taken in a little village called Boudry near Neuchatel, Switzerland, also beautiful.

I'd also say America as a whole is a pretty stunning place, especially Yosemite
    Name:  DSCF0381.JPG
Views: 171
Size:  282.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Hill Inlet, Whitsunday Islands, Qeensland, Australia. Not that pictures quite do it justice

• Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    this is one of mine - taken in the middle of nowhere, Spain

That's the photo as it was - no filters or funny effects applied other than switching the camera to "automatic". The sky was amazing. Even different times of the year:
    Also a place that allows you to get up close and personal with their wind turbines

actually looking through my photos they're almost all pictures of the sky
    Villenneuve, Switzerland

I'm just a sucker for thunderstorms
    Ribier, France

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    i've been to quite a few countries, and Scotland on a sunny day is really beautiful. I love this place: Attachment 205761

nothing better than sitting reading a book on the beach on a summers night. So peaceful.
    Is that on the Isle of Skye, because I think I have stayed in that area before! Or at least, somewhere very similar!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llewellyn_J)
    Is that on the Isle of Skye, because I think I have stayed in that area before! Or at least, somewhere very similar!
    No it's the Isle of Harris

ReputationRep:
    Looking at some of the pictures above. Our world is just stunning

It's a shame people don't see the good things like the views and only see the bad things like poverty and war.

It's all a balance

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    Lake Nakuru and Rift Valley - Kenya

Basically....it's heaven in earth put in short

My mums back in Kenya so she has the camera so I'm using the help of google!!! (Sorry if its cheating or against the so-called thread rules)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Kerala in India
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Name:  551206_4374770692238_1382592312_n.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  36.7 KBName:  625448_4374755051847_1862465791_n.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  39.7 KBName:  575954_4374871614761_1853502955_n.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  89.8 KBName:  422298_4374887975170_1622883385_n.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  76.7 KBName:  481097_4374891175250_1378131200_n.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  73.7 KBName:  527517_4374938456432_1071163518_n.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  93.9 KB

I'm a horribly bad photographer, but this is the most beautiful country I've visited. I was in Iceland in summer 2012 and this was taken on the second week when we were touring. These photos were taken around Skaftafell national park in southern Iceland and I believe the glacier is called Skaftafellsjökull. (Don't ask me to pronounce it!) The view from the campsite was stunning and the views on the glacier was amazing.

An amazing country and if I had the opportunity, I'd go straight back as soon as I could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Is that the one from James Bond?

And lol you should visit Switzerland in winter!
    It is the one from James Bond, The Man with the Golden Gun.
    I went this summer, its so beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    Hahah the CN Tower is great! Expensive to go all the way up though!! I remember I scared these two girls by pretending to stamp on the glass and they screamed
    That glass is scary. My dad pushed me onto it, one of the scariest moments of my life. Have you eaten in the restaurant at the top? I loved it, it was one of the best meals I have ever had. I also love how it revolves

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been here but I just felt like sharing it as it was so beautiful and hopefully one day I'll be able to visit Name:  7211526690_ceaf5c8c63.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  131.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    I love everyones pictures and didn't realise so many people will have travelled so much.

Anyone up for sharing a breif experience of their travels on TSR's wiki?

I started a thread detailing it here. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post42136787

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heirloom)
    That glass is scary. My dad pushed me onto it, one of the scariest moments of my life. Have you eaten in the restaurant at the top? I loved it, it was one of the best meals I have ever had. I also love how it revolves
    Haha I know so many people are scared of it!! I just think of it this way, so many people have walked over it, and it hasn't given way yet. If it happens to me then... so be it ! I actually have never eaten in the restaurant at the top.... I know.. I'm a fail canadian haha! What did you eat up there? And yeah the revolving restaurant is awesome, just never dined (cheapskate here)

ReputationRep:
    Prague, Czech Republic. Wish I had a better camera gorgeous city, great history. I spent my third night watching football in old square with about 2,000 people, great experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    Haha I know so many people are scared of it!! I just think of it this way, so many people have walked over it, and it hasn't given way yet. If it happens to me then... so be it ! I actually have never eaten in the restaurant at the top.... I know.. I'm a fail canadian haha! What did you eat up there? And yeah the revolving restaurant is awesome, just never dined (cheapskate here)
    It was back in 2007 so my memory is a little hazy. All I can remember is how amazing the crusty bread and the butter was. I also remember some chicken strips that came with the most amazing sauce. We didn't stay for too long as we were due to visit my uncles in laws in Mississauga.
    I'm deffo going back, mum and dad are thinking of moving there. I was actually thinking of going to the university of toronto but the fees are so much and I'd have to live with my uncle

ReputationRep:
    It was back in 2007 so my memory is a little hazy. All I can remember is how amazing the crusty bread and the butter was. I also remember some chicken strips that came with the most amazing sauce. We didn't stay for too long as we were due to visit my uncles in laws in Mississauga.
    I'm deffo going back, mum and dad are thinking of moving there. I was actually thinking of going to the university of toronto but the fees are so much and I'd have to live with my uncle
    Hahaha i'm hungry now... I should go and try it out I think ! Ahh Mississauga, I lived there, plus in Brampton! Please tell me you tried Timmies?
    And same, after studies here I will hopefully be moving back!! yeah for international students, fees are very expensive, but the wages after are just :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Still seen no where as beautiful as my doorstep on a beautiful day

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    Hahaha i'm hungry now... I should go and try it out I think ! Ahh Mississauga, I lived there, plus in Brampton! Please tell me you tried Timmies?
    And same, after studies here I will hopefully be moving back!! yeah for international students, fees are very expensive, but the wages after are just :cool:
    I have but I can't remember what I had. Its funny dad actually mentioned it the other day, although he did say how underwhelmed he was when he finally tried it. His brother had been going on about how amazing it was.
    And yeah the wages are pretty good. If my parents do move over I'd consider moving over too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benny100)
    Still seen no where as beautiful as my doorstep on a beautiful day

Wow that truly is a beautiful view! Your so lucky!

I have but I can't remember what I had. Its funny dad actually mentioned it the other day, although he did say how underwhelmed he was when he finally tried it. His brother had been going on about how amazing it was.
    And yeah the wages are pretty good. If my parents do move over I'd consider moving over too.
    Haha I love Tim Hortons... And ahh thats cool!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.