Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
  • View Poll Results: Which accommodation are you applying for?
    Norwood House
    12.24%
    Eastwood
    14.29%
    Westwood
    8.16%
    Polden Court
    7.48%
    Brendon Court
    0.68%
    Marlborough/Solsbury Court
    40.14%
    Woodland Court
    11.56%
    Osborne House
    2.04%
    John Wood
    2.72%
    Carpenter
    0.68%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joelwong)
    Managed to submit my application for accommodation, listed Westwood and Brendon Court as my first and second choice respectively!

Wonder how long does it take for them to send us the confirmation email?
    You get your confirmation only when your conditional offer to study at Univ of Bath becomes unconditional. So you will get your email after results day. Unless of course you have an unconditional offer on account of being on a gap year etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HPAG)
    You get your confirmation only when your conditional offer to study at Univ of Bath becomes unconditional. So you will get your email after results day. Unless of course you have an unconditional offer on account of being on a gap year etc.
    Thanks for replying! I already have an unconditional offer from the University, I was actually asking about the email confirming that my application has been received. I have not received it yet (perhaps I am just a bit impatient..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joelwong)
    Thanks for replying! I already have an unconditional offer from the University, I was actually asking about the email confirming that my application has been received. I have not received it yet (perhaps I am just a bit impatient..)
    There is an email that comes when you register Subject - Accommodation Portal Registration. Telling you that you can apply for accommodation. Nothing after you apply. If you go to accommodation page

https://isecure.bath.ac.uk/eaccommod...commodation%2f

Log in. Click "continue" Then "Applications" Your State should show as "awaiting verification" And by clicking the "view" button you should be able to see your accommodation choices.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, this sure is an interesting thread. I have confirmed bath for my MSc in Automotive Engg and have no clue as to which accommodation to choose.

First of all, I was debating whether I should take the studio room or a standard one.

Being an overseas postgraduate student, I was considering canal wharf as my first preference followed by pulteney and cleavelands (cleavelands seems to be expensive for what they offering).

any idea as to which room would be the best??

I need easy access to the university and a good social life.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Has anyone applied for a shared room (Eastwood)?

ReputationRep:
    I firmed bath today and tried applying for accomodation but it said:
    "Unable to verify your details
    You are currently unable to register to apply for accommodation."

Do you guys know how to fix this? :/ Im thinking about applying to osbourne house. thanks xxx
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by igcsecrazy)
    I firmed bath today and tried applying for accomodation but it said:
    "Unable to verify your details
    You are currently unable to register to apply for accommodation."

Do you guys know how to fix this? :/ Im thinking about applying to osbourne house. thanks xxx
    Hi,

I work in Admissions at Bath so thought I would post a reply.

You should shortly receive an email from us with details of how to apply for accommodation.

You will need to wait at least 48 hours from when you choose us as your Firm option at UCAS until you can apply for accommodation as we do not receive notification of your decision from UCAS immediately.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University Of Bath)
    Hi,

I work in Admissions at Bath so thought I would post a reply.

You should shortly receive an email from us with details of how to apply for accommodation.

You will need to wait at least 48 hours from when you choose us as your Firm option at UCAS until you can apply for accommodation as we do not receive notification of your decision from UCAS immediately.

Hope this helps!
    Thank you so much! Was worried for a bit, but i'll wait for the email thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey

So I'm trying to sort out my application for accommodation, I'm all signed in, & I'm on the "Create New Application" page. It says to give my 'student type' & I out of the options given, I put "First Year Undergraduate" because that's what I'll be next year But it then takes me to a page where the ONLY options are Carpenter House & John Woods Court, which are for people already going to the University - hence, confused!!

Do I have to wait until I get my grades in the summer? Bath is my firm choice but I got a conditional offer, so are they not offering spaces yet? Or am I just having a blonde moment?!

Please help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turrellishere)
    Hey

So I'm trying to sort out my application for accommodation, I'm all signed in, & I'm on the "Create New Application" page. It says to give my 'student type' & I out of the options given, I put "First Year Undergraduate" because that's what I'll be next year But it then takes me to a page where the ONLY options are Carpenter House & John Woods Court, which are for people already going to the University - hence, confused!!

Do I have to wait until I get my grades in the summer? Bath is my firm choice but I got a conditional offer, so are they not offering spaces yet? Or am I just having a blonde moment?!

Please help!!
    Carpenter and John Wood are for first-year undergrads, and I'm afraid from what you say they're the only ones left because you left it so late to apply for accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    I put my application in today and the only options were Carpenter and John Wood Court because I had left it so late. A friend and I were wondering what happens with the accommodation booked by people who choose not to accept it due to missing/exceeding their offer. Is there any chance of these becoming available ?

I'm fairly happy with the accommodation I've applied for but if there is any chance of getting accommodation that is ensuite and/or on campus I would prefer that. Then again due to the time I applied I'm probably quite far down the waiting list!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeekyNick)
    I put my application in today and the only options were Carpenter and John Wood Court because I had left it so late. A friend and I were wondering what happens with the accommodation booked by people who choose not to accept it due to missing/exceeding their offer. Is there any chance of these becoming available ?

I'm fairly happy with the accommodation I've applied for but if there is any chance of getting accommodation that is ensuite and/or on campus I would prefer that. Then again due to the time I applied I'm probably quite far down the waiting list!
    I've had to put the john woods as a choice too, late applicant. I found out that John Wood Building is an ensuite, costs around £145ish. It looks amazing, fairly new, and is close to the bus station, where you get buses going up the hill every 10-20mins or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nearvan)
    I've had to put the john woods as a choice too, late applicant. I found out that John Wood Building is an ensuite, costs around £145ish. It looks amazing, fairly new, and is close to the bus station, where you get buses going up the hill every 10-20mins or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Although they're in the same complex I think John Wood Court and John Wood Building were separate options on the application form - I was only able to apply for the former.

http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accom...on/types/city/

I am am slightly coming round to the idea of living in the city. The ratio of people to bathrooms/kitchens seems better than some of the on-campus accommodation and it will be convenient for shopping and restaurants. It's also quite a lot cheaper than other places. I still might send a brief email though to see if there is any chance of other accommodation becoming available though.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'll be joining Uni of Bath this September and am looking at accommodation options, I was thinking along the lines of University managed accommodation in the City Center. Currently I have to choose between The Cleveland Building and Thornbank gardens. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the matter? More specifically which place (if any) gets the edge in terms of social atmosphere and friendliness? Which has the more lively surroundings? Finally, would it make any sense to make a separate topic for this post in the University of Bath forums?

Edit: Would the cleveland building have an edge because of its common room and (I assume) greater proximity to the city centre?

Cheers in advance
    Clib

ReputationRep:
    Yo,
    Some help if possible, not sure if I'm being stupid or whether it doesn't work for me. Basically, I've registered and had the confirmation email, so I click on apply and it goes to a page saying 'Welcome, Hi etc.' but also displays an update about the accommodation. It says in the instructions: -'Select 'Applications from the left hand navigation menu
    -‘Create New Application'. However I can only see an 'Applications and contracts' tab and when I click this nothing changes, it stays on the 'Welcome, hi..' page. Also, when I click on the view your current status, it says 'you may now login to the accommodation portal'. Please help.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpstoask)
    Yo,
    Some help if possible, not sure if I'm being stupid or whether it doesn't work for me. Basically, I've registered and had the confirmation email, so I click on apply and it goes to a page saying 'Welcome, Hi etc.' but also displays an update about the accommodation. It says in the instructions: -'Select 'Applications from the left hand navigation menu
    -‘Create New Application'. However I can only see an 'Applications and contracts' tab and when I click this nothing changes, it stays on the 'Welcome, hi..' page. Also, when I click on the view your current status, it says 'you may now login to the accommodation portal'. Please help.
    Thanks
    Same here. Help please!

ReputationRep:
    Update today saying there are technical issues, so should be all good soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpstoask)
    Update today saying there are technical issues, so should be all good soon
    Yes, I saw the message as well. I had been struggling for 2 days to find a solution.

ReputationRep:
    Which choice is best between John Wood Court and Carpenter House? The latter includes washbasin but has a greater ratio of students per communal bathroom. Any advice on that matter would be appreciated, as well as any advice regarding their location in the city and in relation to the uni campus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charis555)
    Which choice is best between John Wood Court and Carpenter House? The latter includes washbasin but has a greater ratio of students per communal bathroom. Any advice on that matter would be appreciated, as well as any advice regarding their location in the city and in relation to the uni campus.
    I'd go for Carpenter, I loved having a washbasin in my room.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.