The Student Room Group

The OFFICIAL AQA AS Philosophy May 2013 Exams Thread. (Units 1&2)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by mohamed68
Can anyone tell me the Questions for the January 2013 Unit 2 paper please? In particular for tolerance and god and the world.........

Here is the jan 2013 paper for unit 2:

Hope This Helps :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Hi guys, can anyone help me with this.

In a 15 marker like:

Outline the view that God is eternal and explain one difficulty with this view.

Once you've outlined the view, explained one difficulty like free will, do you have to argue AGAINST that difficulty at all - like pointing out short comings or objections to it?

Thanks.
Reply 162
Hii everyone!
ah, 2 days left before the exam. I'm doing unit 1 Reason and Experience and the Idea of God. Wht are the chances of the tautological and certainty question to come up? I struggle with that.. :frown:
Reply 164
Does anyone have any notes for Unit 1 - Idea of god?

Thank You!
What is the structure to the 30 mark essays and 15 mark essays? And what is the timing, so by a certain time you should be on a certain part of the essay.

My teacher hasn't mentioned anything about timing or structure. Any help would be appreciated. :smile:

Thanks.
Reply 166
Original post by >Username<
What is the structure to the 30 mark essays and 15 mark essays? And what is the timing, so by a certain time you should be on a certain part of the essay.

My teacher hasn't mentioned anything about timing or structure. Any help would be appreciated. :smile:

Thanks.

Timing in exam (suggested):
75 minutes exam

1 minutes to catch your breath back (and panic if needs be...then calm down : )
2 minutes to pick your questions

5 minutes to plan for question 1 (both parts AO1 and AO2)
AO1 - 20 minutes writing
AO2 - 10 minutes writing

5 minutes planning for question 2 (both parts AO1 and AO2)
AO1 - 20 minutes writing
AO2 - 10 minutes writing

2 minutes to review answers

I am doing: Cosmological Argument and Religious Experience
Reply 167
Original post by s7a0
75 minutes exam

AO1 - 20 minutes writing
AO2 - 10 minutes writing

AO1 - 20 minutes writing
AO2 - 10 minutes writing

We have to answer 4 questions though, and the exams 90 minutes long. I don't think either of those topics are on this paper either, I think you've got the wrong exam board thread :tongue:
Original post by s7a0
75 minutes exam

AO1 - 20 minutes writing
AO2 - 10 minutes writing

AO1 - 20 minutes writing
AO2 - 10 minutes writing

Thanks for the reply. But I agree with the poster above, I think you've got the wrong exam board.
Reply 169
Anyone got any predictions for what will come up for the 'Why Should I Be Moral?' topic on Monday's exam? :smile:
Reply 170
Anyone up for Q and A about 'the idea of god' ?
Reply 171
Please could someone help me on Conceptual Schemes please?
I understand the arguments but I don't have any evaluative points for them, if you could help me I'd be very grateful as I have three other exams on Monday so I am stressing very very much :frown:(((((
Reply 172
Original post by Ayeshy
Please could someone help me on Conceptual Schemes please?
I understand the arguments but I don't have any evaluative points for them, if you could help me I'd be very grateful as I have three other exams on Monday so I am stressing very very much :frown:(((((

Look back through all the pages of this thread, some people have explained Conceptual schemes in detail.

Also, what are your 3 other exams?
Reply 173
Original post by the A* guy
Look back through all the pages of this thread, some people have explained Conceptual schemes in detail.

Also, what are your 3 other exams?

Okay I'll have a look.
And I have my RS unit 1 and 2, then this and then sociology retake :frown:
Reply 174
Original post by Am I Really Here
Hi guys, can anyone help me with this.

In a 15 marker like:

Outline the view that God is eternal and explain one difficulty with this view.

Once you've outlined the view, explained one difficulty like free will, do you have to argue AGAINST that difficulty at all - like pointing out short comings or objections to it?

Thanks.

Don't put objections in. 15 mark questions are pure AO1, resolving conflicts is AO2 and would not gain marks. For example, say I outlined the problem that God cannot be immanent and eternal as God cannot exist in time yet also be inside of the universe, I would gain the marks. But if I resolved this by stating the view that God is transcendent can overcome this (not a strong counter I know), I would not gain marks for it. Hope this helped!
Reply 175
Ok so im doing Religion and Eithics as the first paper and then Religion,Philosophy and Science as second.

For the first paper i plan to do Utilitarianism and Euthanasia+Abortion and for the second paper i will either do Miracles,creation or The Design argument as my chosen questions.

Im wondering if anyone wants to revise these over skype?? add xipowx
In terms of Free will and Determinism...

Kant thinks we are free and determined. However why does Kant think we are determined?

I'm so confused on this part!
Original post by >Username<
In terms of Free will and Determinism...

Kant thinks we are free and determined. However why does Kant think we are determined?

I'm so confused on this part!

Kant is basically a Compatibilist. He believes that we are free in some way but also determined in other ways. I'm not a big fan of Kant, but he always pops up as a third position. -.-
Original post by PaulyRivs
Kant is basically a Compatibilist. He believes that we are free in some way but also determined in other ways. I'm not a big fan of Kant, but he always pops up as a third position. -.-

But why does he think we are determined? :s-smilie:
Reply 179
For Reason & Experience I'm kinda confused about Plato's cave analogy and what exactly it shows and what theory on knowledge it supports etc could any help me to understand it? :smile:

And also, what's the deal with Locke and innate ideas and universal assent, why is he wrong about that? :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending