The Student Room Group

Ed excel Chemistry A2 12th June, Wednesday

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AS01
hey! how u doing? feeling prepared for this unit?

Not sitting it :P
Will be doing Chemistry Unit 5 next Wednesday though!
I came to wish you all good luck as Unit 4 is my favourite Unit, but I think I'm unpopular in this opinion :tongue:
Reply 161
Original post by posthumus
Also did I need to remember persulfate ? :tongue:

A possibility :biggrin: But I thought maybe you could look in the data booklet, and I think you can look at the dissociation constants & compared.... that's if your really stuck :smile: I think it'll be obvious from there but I've never tried it.

& I'm not sure if your right :frown: Steamy fumes is for HCl... but I think NH4Cl is white "smoke"

And yes please :biggrin: I will be going to sleep by 12 though :smile: I am worrying too much... I hope I get sleep :tongue:

Explain to me in terms of kinetic/heat energy.... why exothermic reactions have positive entropy surroundings and also usually negative entropy of systems

oh yeah! u did stay excess ammonia! so yeah white smoke
no u dont have to remember about persulphate but there are others too even haber process and contact process are example of heterogenous catalyst :smile:

they give off heat so increase in kinetic energy of molecules in air increase in disorder not sure about the system :s-smilie:
how can u distinguish between CHO and RCOR? give both tests :tongue:
Reply 162
Original post by Mollymod
Not sitting it :P
Will be doing Chemistry Unit 5 next Wednesday though!
I came to wish you all good luck as Unit 4 is my favourite Unit, but I think I'm unpopular in this opinion :tongue:

lucky you! what did u get?
Original post by AS01
oh yeah! u did stay excess ammonia! so yeah white smoke
no u dont have to remember about persulphate but there are others too even haber process and contact process are example of heterogenous catalyst :smile:

they give off heat so increase in kinetic energy of molecules in air increase in disorder not sure about the system :s-smilie:
how can u distinguish between CHO and RCOR? give both tests :tongue:

that's a relief !!! :smile:

Hehe, well if kinetic/heat energy being lost by the system then I'm sure molecules will behave themselves more and become more ordered :tongue:

Hmmmmm :smile: Aldehyde will give silver mirror with tollens reagant & Red precipitate with Fehlings :biggrin:

+ you can use brady's reagant

(before you say I'm wrong... you then filter off the precipitate add minimum hot ethanol then leave it recrystallize :smile: Then check melting temp)

Explain to me how Iodine clock works ! :smile:
Reply 164
Please tell me how is the ans C?
Its june 2011 q6 :hmpf:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 165
that's a relief !!! :smile:

Hehe, well if kinetic/heat energy being lost by the system then I'm sure molecules will behave themselves more and become more ordered :tongue:

Hmmmmm :smile: Aldehyde will give silver mirror with tollens reagant & Red precipitate with Fehlings :biggrin:

+ you can use brady's reagant

(before you say I'm wrong... you then filter off the precipitate add minimum hot ethanol then leave it recrystallize :smile: Then check melting temp)

Explain to me how Iodine clock works ! :smile:

lol finally u got the tests name right!
u mix the reactant and record time taken to make specific amount of product

why is acyl chloride more reactive than amide for addition elimination rxn?
Original post by AS01
lucky you! what did u get?

A middle B :P
Not really bothered, as I retook Unit 1 and have good A2 practicals.
Goodluck with this! Not sure that you'll need it though :P
Reply 167
Original post by AT95

Posted from TSR Mobile

methanoic acid methanol ester water
4 6 0 0
4-3=1 6-3=1 3 3
eqm conc is those moles divide by V which will cancel as there are equal moles at the top and at the bottom
so Kc= 3
Reply 168
A middle B :P
Not really bothered, as I retook Unit 1 and have good A2 practicals.
Goodluck with this! Not sure that you'll need it though :P

lol I sure do! thanks a lot! Hopefully the paper is good
what grade do u need for chem?
Original post by AS01
lol finally u got the tests name right!
u mix the reactant and record time taken to make specific amount of product

why is acyl chloride more reactive than amide for addition elimination rxn?

We don't need to know which reagents you pit in... like peroxide KI starch..? :smile:

Erm I never knew amides underwent addition elimination :colondollar: & electroneg Cl- + oxygen are pulling electrons away from carbon.. this makes it very delta +. Also Cl- is a very good leaving group & The C-Cl bond is very weak :smile:

ketone + LiAlH4 ... describe the process :smile:
Original post by AT95

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got stuck on this tooo.... H2O is a product...

subtract 3 from the reactants & then use the formula (ignore dividing by volume)
Reply 171
We don't need to know which reagents you pit in... like peroxide KI starch..? :smile:

Erm I never knew amides underwent addition elimination :colondollar: & electroneg Cl- + oxygen are pulling electrons away from carbon.. this makes it very delta +. Also Cl- is a very good leaving group & The C-Cl bond is very weak :smile:

ketone + LiAlH4 ... describe the process :smile:

lol hopefully we dont and yeah ur answer is right :smile:
dont think we need to know the process though
Love Unit 4!
You guys will be great :biggrin:

Thanks mollymod :biggrin: Hope unit 5 revision is going well! (and from what I've seen - your doing frickin' awesome :smile: )
Original post by AS01
lol hopefully we dont and yeah ur answer is right :smile:
dont think we need to know the process though

There's so much we don't need to know lol :eek: (Damn george :mad: )

I have far less time this time for unit 5.... so I might abandon george and just use revision guides..

Well anyway I am off to get some sleep now :biggrin:

Good luck AS01 with your exam tomorrow... & speak to ya soon :smile: Thanks for all the questions also you've asked me (I have learnt a lot, imagine brady's came up tomorrow :biggrin: )

And good luck to everyone else too who reads this ! :smile: May speak to some of you tomorrow morning
Reply 174
There's so much we don't need to know lol :eek: (Damn george :mad: )

I have far less time this time for unit 5.... so I might abandon george and just use revision guides..

Well anyway I am off to get some sleep now :biggrin:

Good luck AS01 with your exam tomorrow... & speak to ya soon :smile: Thanks for all the questions also you've asked me (I have learnt a lot, imagine brady's came up tomorrow :biggrin: )

And good luck to everyone else too who reads this ! :smile: May speak to some of you tomorrow morning

lol we dont
Good luck to you too! you asked me far better questions than I did :tongue:
Reply 175
im in sri lanka.. i got 3 more hours till the exam.. :P anybody here? wanna revise sum stuff? :P
Reply 176
Original post by Amila888
im in sri lanka.. i got 3 more hours till the exam.. :P anybody here? wanna revise sum stuff? :P

What time is your exam?:eek: Our exam starts at 5.. I'm tempted to ask you what will pop up in the exam now haha
Reply 177
Original post by AT95
What time is your exam?:eek: Our exam starts at 5.. I'm tempted to ask you what will pop up in the exam now haha

ooops.. i got the time wrong. its at 5.30pm local time. i was thinking 1.30.!!!. :colondollar:
so i got 6 hours i guess
Reply 178
Original post by Amila888
ooops.. i got the time wrong. its at 5.30pm local time. i was thinking 1.30.!!!. :colondollar:
so i got 6 hours i guess

Oh lol then we have it at the same time almost :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 179
Original post by AT95
Oh lol then we have it at the same time almost :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha... :tongue: so which past paper did u find most difficult? i found Jan 2010 quite tricky !

u also got any model papers ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending