Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel - Chemistry Unit 2 - 4 June 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: Which topic(s) are you finding most difficult?
    Shapes of molecules and ions
    11.66%
    Intermediate bonding and bond polarity
    15.95%
    Intermolecular forces
    9.82%
    Redox
    17.79%
    Group 2 & 7
    40.49%
    Kinetics & Equilibria
    14.11%
    Organic Chemistry - Alcohols and Halogenoalkanes
    39.26%
    Mechanisms
    26.38%
    Green Chemistry
    28.83%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachaelGodchild)
    prffffffff.......I neeeeeeeeeed help with unit 4 pls any 1
    Yup you can post your questions in here if you want

I think there is a unit 4 thread (quite a few actually ), but they are all pretty much inactive !

...hopefully that will change over the next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posthumus)
    Yup you can post your questions in here if you want

I think there is a unit 4 thread (quite a few actually ), but they are all pretty much inactive !

...hopefully that will change over the next week
    ok thank you! I had sugrey, I missed almostunit 4 lesson, and now im so depressed dnt even knw where to strt frm, I got A in as, and I was just thnkin is it still possible to gt at lest c in u4, in just 2 weeks....

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what unit 4 is about , and I need c overall in chem! L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachaelGodchild)
    ok thank you! I had sugrey, I missed almostunit 4 lesson, and now im so depressed dnt even knw where to strt frm, I got A in as, and I was just thnkin is it still possible to gt at lest c in u4, in just 2 weeks....
    I'm sorry to hear that

but well done ! A is really good at AS... I got a C And in the last 2 exams I've gotten a D achieving a C with 2 weeks prep will be very possible... in-fact aim for B/A !!!

Stay positive!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that

but well done ! A is really good at AS... I got a C And in the last 2 exams I've gotten a D achieving a C with 2 weeks prep will be very possible... in-fact aim for B/A !!!

Stay positive!
    thank u, but I retook it in jan dats y is a, it was c too lol...but I know absolutely notin lool, im jus lost, my teachr sed I will gt uuuuuu ...nd studyin it in two week myt even b okkk, if It was d only exam im preparing for

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or has the Unit 5 thread been locked ?
    To stop people talking about Unit 1's exam before the appropriate elapsed time in other Edexcel Exam threads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollymod)
    To stop people talking about Unit 1's exam before the appropriate elapsed time in other Edexcel Exam threads
    It was locked or something 4 days ago, but only for a couple of hours

How'd you find unit 1 ?

ReputationRep:
    It was locked or something 4 days ago, but only for a couple of hours

How'd you find unit 1 ?
    I would like to answer that, but I have already been given 10 points for saying how I felt it went.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Cattey watty)
    I would like to answer that, but I have already been given 10 points for saying how I felt it went.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe you're allowed to discuss it now given 24 hours has elapsed.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was great until i found out that i had to times the enthalpy change of HCl twice.. so thats like 5 or 6 marks gone already.. as the question after that depended on that final answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Jayqwe)
    I thought it was great until i found out that i had to times the enthalpy change of HCl twice.. so thats like 5 or 6 marks gone already.. as the question after that depended on that final answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't fret about it - if the question is long and later questions rely on specific calculations already made, mark schemes generally allow a TE element or 'error carried forward', where as long as you apply the figure you obtained correctly you can achieve marks for it.

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find chem unit 1?

ReputationRep:
    I thought a lot of it was very weird, the 3 ionisation energy questions in a row which the last 2 had the same answer, the geography question and the question on cooking! It I think it was slightly better than the January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineapple78)
    how did everyone find chem unit 1?
    A poor attempt in trying to make unit 1 paper different...all it did was hire some questions from geography and cooking

ReputationRep:
    Haha lol i loved the cooking question. I was like yes free marks. Was good overall. My teacher has the paper n i cnt see a mistaken anywhere apart from my cracking of dodecane drawing lol.
    Nervous for unit 2. Do u guys have any good notes. Please post it up as i relii need it.

Hw did every1 else find unit 1
    Any guesses on grade boundary for full UMS?

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find unit 1? I know I got the apparatus drawing wrong (I'd never been taught it) and the first MCQ about the negative enthalpy really threw me off any help?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by some student)
    How did everyone find unit 1? I know I got the apparatus drawing wrong (I'd never been taught it) and the first MCQ about the negative enthalpy really threw me off any help?
    I looked at the paper yesterday (I didn't sit the paper, I saw it after everyone was done) and didn't see the MCQs, do you have a copy? I may be able to help if you have the questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryMWilliams)
    I looked at the paper yesterday (I didn't sit the paper, I saw it after everyone was done) and didn't see the MCQs, do you have a copy? I may be able to help if you have the questions.
    I don't have the paper, but this MCQ was "which of these enthalpy changes is negative? A) formation of Li2O B) 1st Ionisation energy of Li C) 1st electron affinity of O D) 2nd electron affinity of O.
    I wasn't sure if the answer was C or D, and I put D in the end but I think it's wrong. Thanks!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by some student)
    I don't have the paper, but this MCQ was "which of these enthalpy changes is negative? A) formation of Li2O B) 1st Ionisation energy of Li C) 1st electron affinity of O D) 2nd electron affinity of O.
    I wasn't sure if the answer was C or D, and I put D in the end but I think it's wrong. Thanks!
    Nope, I think you have it correct with D.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe it, to get an A* you need 270ums out of the 300ums for A2..that is mission impossible, your only allowed to miss 30ums ?? seriously ??

thank God my practical went well, hopefully I will pick up on all the 60ums, but still got another 210 ums that I need to get to qualify for the A*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.