Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobilina)
    Oh wow that made me laugh... that you chose your Accommodation based upon the built in shelves on the bed! What happens if yours for some reason does not?
    Well, it was one of the reasons. I'd be able to survive without them, I'll just be disapointed if they're not there D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiav94)
    firmed for french and politics

at last, somebody else doing French ^_^
    i'm actually considering doing some politics or history as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sershxxx)
    Cool, I'm Saoirse but everyone just calls me Sersh which is both easier to pronounce and spell for that matter :-)
    Are you planning on staying in halls in first year?
    That's a pretty name yeah I applied to Fraser Court, East Newington Place and south clerk street, are you going into halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billmollysookie)
    That's a pretty name yeah I applied to Fraser Court, East Newington Place and south clerk street, are you going into halls?
    Thanks very much - Rachel is a lovely name :-D. I'm definitely applying to self-catered halls but I still can't decide what 3 preferences to choose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deserts0ng_)
    Ive firmed for biology too
    Woo! Are you coming from outside Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much - Rachel is a lovely name :-D. I'm definitely applying to self-catered halls but I still can't decide what 3 preferences to choose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine are the three sc halls closest to Pollock halls which is why I applied to them, my friend's in Fraser Court right now and she really likes it. Where have you thought about?

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed for MA Economics & Accounting!

ReputationRep:
    Finally plucked up the courage to firm for Religious Studies!

Do I need to send my GCSE/A-Level certificates off? And has anyone applied for finance- if so what address have you put for the university?

Ta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leah_morgan)
    I saw that there wasn't a thread yet, so I thought I'd make one!

I firmed yesterday for Religious Studies
    Hopefully see you in lectures..I also firmed religious studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShahrukhSC)
    Firmed for Econ and Math!
    I also applied to this course, out of curiosity... do you hold an unconditional or a conditional offer? if conditional, what are the conditions? I was turned down from this course back in March and Edinburgh cited "Despite reaching the minimum entry requirements, there were other applicants who also surpassed the requirements and had more to offer to the university" I have no problem with this, :rolleyes: but just looking to see the calibre of applicant I was competing with... thanks

ReputationRep:
    Mine are the three sc halls closest to Pollock halls which is why I applied to them, my friend's in Fraser Court right now and she really likes it. Where have you thought about?
    Aw cool what are they called? I was thinking about Warrender Park/Cresc and I'm considering some of the UNITE accommodation. I have a friend in Warrender who really likes it so that's why I was thinking about them :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw cool what are they called? I was thinking about Warrender Park/Cresc and I'm considering some of the UNITE accommodation. I have a friend in Warrender who really likes it so that's why I was thinking about them :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fraser court, south clerk street and east newington place. I would say just go with your friend's recommendation, you'll have fun wherever you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonoJurado)
    I also applied to this course, out of curiosity... do you hold an unconditional or a conditional offer? if conditional, what are the conditions? I was turned down from this course back in March and Edinburgh cited "Despite reaching the minimum entry requirements, there were other applicants who also surpassed the requirements and had more to offer to the university" I have no problem with this, :rolleyes: but just looking to see the calibre of applicant I was competing with... thanks
    Heyy, so what course are you now opting for? Well its a conditional offer. I need an A in math and another BC. This was the minimum they want. In my AS levels I got 3A's. 8A's in Olevels.

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed chemical engineering. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    So jealous of everyone with unconditional offers!! My exams start in 8 days and I am so tired of studying!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone firmed Architecture??

ReputationRep:
    My friend just firmed for Mathematical Physics.. woooo!

(i'm also maths )

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm fresh meat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akmeeda)
    Hmmm fresh meat
    I don't know who you are but stop hijacking this thread mateybaws, you'll scare the freshers. A warm and slightly creepy welcome to any business school firmers out there then.

ReputationRep:
    Fraser court, south clerk street and east newington place. I would say just go with your friend's recommendation, you'll have fun wherever you are
    Thank you! Yeah I absolutely love Edinburgh so I'm sure I'll have a great time wherever I end up. And I'm sure you'll have a great time too :-). Are you looking forward to freshers' week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.