Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh! Five supervisions (so far) next week, all wanting Tripos papers (one of them wants 4!). The next few days are not going to be fun...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Topaz_eyes)
    Ahhh! Five supervisions (so far) next week, all wanting Tripos papers (one of them wants 4!). The next few days are not going to be fun...
    Holy balls batman.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    When you say Tripos papers, do you mean a question or do you mean they want you to sit 5 full exams?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ratio)
    When you say Tripos papers, do you mean a question or do you mean they want you to sit 5 full exams?!?
    Full papers -_-
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Full papers -_-
    Full papers as in the number of answers you'd write in three hours, or full papers as in everything? (Either's bad - I concur with wibletg...)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Full papers -_-
    :zomg::hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Finally took the measure of deactivating my facebook.

Desperate times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lp386)
    Full papers as in the number of answers you'd write in three hours, or full papers as in everything? (Either's bad - I concur with wibletg...)
    Some are everything, some are just a two hour paper, but with no question choice. Ah well, best be started...

ReputationRep:
    Quiet in here

ReputationRep:
    6 essays this week :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camaieu)
    6 essays this week :no:
    :eyeball: ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    :eyeball: ???
    2 full mocks. And an extra practise essay thing that we have going on every Friday. Ah well. All good practice, I guess! :work:

ReputationRep:
    Movie soundtracks with inspiring music (i.e. Dark Knight Rises) are actually really helpful towards revision

ReputationRep:
    When do everyone's exams start and end?

(Original post by Onee-chan)
    27 May-4 Jun.

At this stage, ****s given = 0. It's not even the blazé "I'll be fine - I've never revised in the past and it's not done me any harm". It's the "I've spent all day staring at my laptop screen and I don't even care what I get any more - I just want it to be over".

Today's "When in Cambridge" seems particularly appropriate:

(Original post by When in Cambridge)
    If only it weren't like this:

More here, for anyone unfamiliar with the site*.

*Seriously, you haven't come across "When in Cambridge"? Where have you been living, in a cave? :lolwut:

EDIT: Rant over. How are you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tortious)
    27 May-4 Jun.

At this stage, ****s given = 0. It's not even the blazé "I'll be fine - I've never revised in the past and it's not done me any harm". It's the "I've spent all day staring at my laptop screen and I don't even care what I get any more - I just want it to be over".

*Seriously, you haven't come across "When in Cambridge"? Where have you been living, in a cave? :lolwut:

Just popped into my head - have you found Marie yet? (Well, not necessarily you, but the corporate you. Just not the corporate you.)

Also, When in Cambridge is the best. On that theme, this is what the next week will be like.

I am also reaching the stage where morale is reaching quite a low ebb. I'm just shattered, the department is doing everything it can structurally to stop me getting a good grade, and I've had enough. Solution: more tea.

(Original post by lp386)
    Just popped into my head - have you found Marie yet? (Well, not necessarily you, but the corporate you. Just not the corporate you.)
    No. :sad: I thought I'd seen her the other day and alerted the Chief Kitten Wrangler, but she informed me that the one I'd seen was Millie. You probably know, but a young cat's gone missing from Queens' too, so the two might be connected. (I struggle to see how anyone could catnap Marie though - you rarely see them out during the day, and an older adult (i.e. non-student) should be noticed in the admin staircase where they stay during the day.)

Also, When in Cambridge is the best. On that theme, this is what the next week will be like.
    What is "this"? Panic, or Dumb Ways to Die? :p:

I am also reaching the stage where morale is reaching quite a low ebb. I'm just shattered, the department is doing everything it can structurally to stop me getting a good grade, and I've had enough. Solution: more tea.
    I'm resorting to parody videos. This one has a law-related slant to it, but I'm sure everyone can empathise with the underlying message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onee-chan)
    Starts on Tuesday the 28th May, ends on Saturday the 1st June. Yep, 7 exams, 5 days (and there's one day with no exams, so it's 7 exams in 4 days really -_-).

27 May-4 Jun.

:jumphug: I know the feeling. At least this is your last year, I've been wondering why I'm trying so hard to get into Part III so I can do this again...

Starts on Tuesday the 28th May, ends on Saturday the 1st June. Yep, 7 exams, 5 days (and there's one day with no exams, so it's 7 exams in 4 days really -_-).
    :eek2:

How long is each exam?

:jumphug: I know the feeling. At least this is your last year, I've been wondering why I'm trying so hard to get into Part III so I can do this again...
    :hugs:

What's not-being-on-a-three-year-course like? Has it sunk in that the "dynamic" of your year group/friendship group might change yet? :moon:

ReputationRep:
    :eek2:

How long is each exam?

:hugs:

What's not-being-on-a-three-year-course like? Has it sunk in that the "dynamic" of your year group/friendship group might change yet? :moon:
    Each one's 2 hours, so it's not quite as bad

Yes I'm going to miss my friends so much! A couple of people are staying, but we won't all be living together anymore (I'm being horribly grown up and moving in with my boyfriend, eek!)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.