Unmarried - Split

ReputationRep:
    Married & still together

ReputationRep:
    Married, divorced when I was 6.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StupidGirl1)
    I have a theory that people such as my grandparents (who were married in 1964 and had my dad in 1965) that are married before having their first child are more likely to stay together forever, whereas people like my mum had her first child unmarried to my sisters dad, then split with him and had me to my dad again unmarried and also had my brother to my dad unmarried and again split with him.

Looking at most peoples parents I know if they were married before they had their first child they are still together to this day and vice versa.
    I think this is due to the bond of marriage, when you get married you make a commitment to be with someone through anything meaning you LOVE them enough to make the vows whereas when you have children unmarried you merely have the commitment of a child and perhaps not love.

I am not intending to offend anyone so apologies if I have It is just a theory I am planning on writing about.

So If you could reply to this thread with:

Married or not married (When they had their first child together)
    and Still together or split

So If I were to reply to this thread I would with:

Unmarried and split
    Unmarried and split.

ReputationRep:
    Married and still together

ReputationRep:
    married still together

ReputationRep:
    Married and still together.

ReputationRep:
    Unmarried, still unmarried, still together.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not married and still together

ReputationRep:

My parents weren't married when my mum fell pregnant and got married whilst my mum was pregnant with me.

Married for 36 years and still together.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Married, still together (surprisingly)

ReputationRep:
    Not married, still together (and still not married)

ReputationRep:
    Unmarried and still together, now married.

ReputationRep:
    Married and together

ReputationRep:
    Married, still together

ReputationRep:
    Unmarried and still together - they'd only known each other for three weeks when my mum got pregnant with me, they got married a year after I was born and are still together 26 years later.

ReputationRep:
    unmarried and split.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    Since you love researching I'll give you a tip (feel free to tell me to eff off though!). Unfortunately your current method is very flawed. You wouldn't be needing to find out individual circumstances for the unmarried, but maybe something like finding out how long their parents were together before pregnancy, which you could separate into blocks (like 0-2 years, 3-5 years, or whatever) if you were going to properly analyse the data.

This opens a whole can of worms though, with other questions you could ask so I'm gonna shut up I think I REALLY miss doing research!
    I didn't even think of all the other questions/methods I could have done until I had already posted the thread and lots of people have already responded so It wouldn't be accurate if I only asked more questions now as not all would reply again.
    Thank you for your help though

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.