Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why don't left-wing radicals start a revolution in Britain? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Left-wing radicals, in the way you think of them, have never managed to pull off a revolution. There's not enough of them. Revolutions happen when the elites miscalculate and accidentally piss off some of the middle classes too. That swells the numbers enough and there's more power to be leveraged.

ReputationRep:
    Because it wouldn't work and it would be stupid. And I say that as someone on the sane, democratic left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammynorton90)
    Whenever I speak to 'radicals' they always claim the reason they don't start a revolution is because the left is too small now after the collapse of the USSR and the forces they are fighting against are too powerful. I personally think this is an excuse and that a lot of these so called 'radicals' are just trying to create a cool Che Guveura style image for themselves, and would **** themselves and be too scared to join in a real revolution.

And by revolution I don't mean a protest, or a riot where they just vandalise things, I mean an actual, well-organised, planned out, revolution. But when I ask why this doesn't happen to 'radicals' they just give the excuses I listed above. They also try to make out that people like them are really rare, like I'm meant to go 'oh my god, not a teenage radical, I've never seen one of them before', when in actual fact its so predictable and cliché its like I'm watching The Young Ones. Am I just being cynical, or do you think a large amount of people who give themselves the radical tag are just doing it for an image?
    Indeed OP. An Imbecile is an Imbecile and left wing revolutionaries are imbeciles. It's all about steady sustainable reformation not disorganised, swift, unprepared, unplanned aftermath revolution.

ReputationRep:
    What left wring radicals?

ReputationRep:
    The majority of the population don't want a left wing revolution. How hard is that to understand? :rolleyes:

The lefties would drive all large businesses/corporations out of the country, tax those who do want to work to oblivion and strangle the economy.

I'm left in personal issues and right in economics..

ReputationRep:
    They don't want a revolution then they wouldn't have anybody to blame stuff on but themselves.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.