Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy20002012)
    Here is the link to the paper:

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-QP-JUN10.PDF

How would you do 3 bii and 3ci, never come across a question like this before???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3) bii) You know the total energy incident per second is due to the number of photons incident per second, so the total energy = number of photons x energy of one photon

3) c) i) This is assuming almost like the an electron gets "charged" with energy by the light wave (by the wave model). You know what the work function is (i.e. the energy to which the electron needs to get "charged" up to to be liberated) and you know what the energy incident per second is (i.e. the power) so use P = E/ t and rearrange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    I really hate it when you appear out of nowhere, and answer what seems like every maths related question!

Indeed it is xD
    But I still see the same thing!

Is the second answer 37.5 Ohms by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm like a ninja, I'm here there and everywhere, I'm omniscient :ninja:

How do you still see the same thing?! xD The trick is the system of resistors is just arranged in a way that doesn't look like they're in parallel/ series but really they are - more to do with geometry than electricity tbh because if you just know how to rearrange you can get on to the monkey business

That's what I get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy20002012)
    Here is the link to the paper:

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-QP-JUN10.PDF

How would you do 3 bii and 3ci, never come across a question like this before???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To work out the number of incident photons per second, you divide the rate by the energy of the photon.

3 x 10^-10/9.95 x 10^-19
    =3.02 x 10^8

J/Js^-1 so the joules cancel out.

For the next question, you want J/Js^-1 which simplifies to 1/s^-1, as you're calculating the minimum time. This is basically dividing the energy by the rate to find the time.

So, 6.8 x 10^-19/3 x 10^-22
    = 2.27 x 10^3.

That's just how I think about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's interesting...do you normally work out what calculations you need to do through dimensional analysis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felix Felicis)
    That's interesting...do you normally work out what calculations you need to do through dimensional analysis?
    I have no idea what dimensional analysis is xD

But if its what I think, then yes, I usually try to do calculations that way :P makes my brain hurt sometimes ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what dimensional analysis is xD

But if its what I think, then yes, I usually try to do calculations that way :P makes my brain hurt sometimes ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah if what you think what I think is playing around with units then yeah. xD That's interesting, I've never seen anyone do it like that before. I try it sometimes if I really don't see what a question wants from me and hope the numbers work out. xD

ReputationRep:
    I'm like a ninja, I'm here there and everywhere, I'm omniscient :ninja:

How do you still see the same thing?! xD The trick is the system of resistors is just arranged in a way that doesn't look like they're in parallel/ series but really they are - more to do with geometry than electricity tbh because if you just know how to rearrange you can get on to the monkey business

That's what I get
    Okay, well I saw a little difference, hence the change in my second answer

Yeah, I see now, I very much dislike geometry and physics in the same question

And part one gives an answer of 50 Ohms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay, well I saw a little difference, hence the change in my second answer

Yeah, I see now, I very much dislike geometry and physics in the same question

And part one gives an answer of 50 Ohms?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, fair do's ^^ This one isn't even that bad tbh...when you get a cubic system of wires with one resistor on each side of the cube, that....that's when **** hits the fan. xD

Correct-o-mundo!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if what you think what I think is playing around with units then yeah. xD That's interesting, I've never seen anyone do it like that before. I try it sometimes if I really don't see what a question wants from me and hope the numbers work out. xD
    Ah right
    Didn't realise I did things in weird ways xD

Obviously I try and use equations where possible! But the P=E/t equation didn't occur to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah right
    Didn't realise I did things in weird ways xD

Obviously I try and use equations where possible! But the P=E/t equation didn't occur to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha, tbh, I didn't realise pissing around with units actually had a proper name until I saw a thread on here a while ago. xD But yeah, I recall doing it at GCSE as well to check answers and stuff. Not weird, just different.

Fair enough It just popped out at me, going by the wave model

ReputationRep:
    Haha, fair do's ^^ This one isn't even that bad tbh...when you get a cubic system of wires with one resistor on each side of the cube, that....that's when **** hits the fan. xD

Correct-o-mundo!
    'Not even that bad'
    For you maybe!
    I'd never have rearranged it correctly. Electricity is such a mehh topic.

I shall look forward to it!

Yaay xD Thanks for the help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'Not even that bad'
    For you maybe!
    I'd never have rearranged it correctly. Electricity is such a mehh topic.

I shall look forward to it!

Yaay xD Thanks for the help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, sorry :emo:
    Mmhmm, it's alright, just a bit dry...Organics, now that's a mehh topic
    Oh yeah, I went there
    Haha, good luck When is this exam btw?

No worries

ReputationRep:
    Haha, sorry :emo:
    Mmhmm, it's alright, just a bit dry...Organics, now that's a mehh topic
    Oh yeah, I went there
    Haha, good luck When is this exam btw?

No worries
    Haha :L

How dare you!

Thank you!
    It's on Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know an easy way of remembering the particles stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me123456789)
    For the quark combinations of pions and kaons, my teacher suggested 'don't stand under dark umbrellas'

Not sure if that will be any help but hey xD

I don't know of anything else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How's everyones revision going?
    The big 6/8 mark question is going to kill me! Hate writing about experiments :P

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  331.2 KB

hey I am also doing this exam

1) is it me or is most of the stuff needed for particles on the formula sheet anyway?
    2) does anyone have any tips on learning the units e.g. mega milli?
    3) I'm stuck in working out the voltage for C-D (attached)

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have a good resource for learning to draw circuits? It's a major weakness of mine.

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know where I could get a list of experiments which they could ask about in those long six mark questions because I've revised the ones which have appeared in past papers but of course those are the ones less likely to appear :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me123456789)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kXkWXSXRA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.