Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

You Are To Inherit A £4billion Fortune From A Previously Unknown Relative - What Do.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I suppose my first actions are to take care of the relative and give her a good send off.

Then I'd buy a really big house around the corner from my Uni and totally pimp it out. I'd give money to my family so there all secure then I'd just continue on with my degree like normal, well I say normal my nights out and activities would just get more extravagant and I'd be able to take friends on holidays casually.

I wouldn't give lots of the money to charities straight away, I'd research to see what they do and how they handle the money as I get a feel quite a bit would go missing if I gave a huge amount, instead I'd set up centers or something around the country to help people out, buy blocks of flats where the rent is free for those who really need it and catering is included and in the case of kids or teens education is provided but not forced, they could get into academics or they could do apprenticeships, just giving them a choice and help.

I'd dedicate most of my time to using the money wisely and staying on the project helping to improve England first and then branch out if successful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    That's an awesome line up

Although personally i'd have Blom over Tony G as he annoys me
    Tony G annoys everyone. That's the whole point of Tony G! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'd give £3bn to a charitable foundation. Of the £1bn I keep, I'd spend a bit of it, invest a bit of it, maybe in film-making and put some to one side for a rainy day. Probably look to spending at least half of it on good causes.

OR

By the time I get the money I hoard it as it suddenly seems like £4bn isn't as much as I thought, and I go all Howard Hughes and lock myself away hiding from germs with tissue boxes on my feet and bottled urine strewn around the room. :hat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I'm "fascist" for wanting a weekly massage and the end of Kim Kardashian? :confused:
    No. He probably meant you are fascist for using your wealth to cripple an entire political idea and therefore segregate a huge proportion of our population and render their beliefs invalid.

If I had 4 billion pounds:
    - I'd first pay for the relatives funeral.
    - I'd set up my close friends and families in comfort and see their lives see no financial burden.
    - I'd volunteer both my money and time in conservation projects around the world: especially marine conservation and, in turn, learn to scuba.
    - I'd buy Blackburn Rovers from the horrible Venky's and invest heavily so that we can knock the Mancunians off their high horses.
    - I'd buy my local pub.
    - Finally I'd like to think that somewhere in the world I'd meet someone I'd like to settle down with and do so.

Oh and, yeah, I'd quit university by going straight to my tutor and telling him the bad news whilst flipping the bird and walking out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuLLuPMepOrtION)
    always one
    ...?

ReputationRep:
    Make a public declaration saying **** you to the system and live of my wealth for all eternity.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy my own private island paradise.

ReputationRep:
    Penthouses in London and New York. Lake house on Lake Superior. Donate but to only small community charities (possibly local Lions clubs). Donate to smaller projects in developing countries. Put some away or my children and grandchildren.

ReputationRep:
    Put at least 1 billion into 10 different cash ISAs
    Start several businesses
    Create science foundations in less developed countries to encourage children to choose science
    Fund for less privileged students to attend private/independent schools
    and of course: Paying off parents' mortgage etc is a given

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.