Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls....What size are you and what size would you like to be? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'8-ish and a size 10-12, mostly a 12 these days. I'd love to be a size 8 but realistically I don't think that's very likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilt)
    I find being called "skinny" a real insult. You wouldn't say someone's fat so why say they're skinny? It's just as hurtful. Totally agree with you.
    Exactly
    I dont mind slim, or petite to an extent but not skinny. It makes me feel as though I look poorly or anorexic and just bones

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft 4, and a size 8, I find it really hard to find trousers because my waist is 24' and my hips are 36/37', so I'm an 8/10 in trousers, but want to be a size 8.

I don't really think skinny's an insult, because it's a fact, but in reality people would rather be skinny than fat, that's why fat is more hurtful.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 10 but I would like to fit into a size 4/6. I used to be a size 14 so I'm on my way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also im over 10 stone and feel like a heffalump but then I suppose being 5ft11 thats probbaly a normal weight for my height

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 6-8 but would like to be a 4-6. I'm 5 foot 5 approx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k4713)
    Hey Girlsss,

Need some help,

What would you say are the most common bra sizes?

I am opening up an online store selling lingere and I'm struggling to decide on what sizes are going to be most common so that I can order more of them. Also, what colour underwear would you usually purchase?

Thanks in advance everyone
    C cup is probably the most average cup size, and I'd say 30-36 are pretty average back sizes.
    Black, black and red, black and blue, red, purple.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft 7 , weigh 9.2 and size 10 in clothes. Would really like to be size 8 and lost about a stone but I'm rubbish at dieting and exercise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RemiMarcelle)
    I'm 5ft 4, and a size 8, I find it really hard to find trousers because my waist is 24' and my hips are 36/37', so I'm an 8/10 in trousers, just need to tone up my thighs! Then I'll be a size 8 which I'll be happy with!

I don't really think skinnys an insult, because it's a fact, but in reality people would rather be skinny than fat, that's why far is more hurtful
    calling someone fat might be the truth too?

I don't think it's the word, it's how people say it.
    'Yuck/ew you're so skinny'
    'why are you so skinny, don't you eat?'
    'HOW old are you?'
    'I would HATE to not have curves!'

I think the tone of the comment and what people say before or after their comment makes the words hurtful- and I think this could/ would apply to both?

(I know it's a bit late)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am 8-6 sometimes a 10 shop sizes are hard but overall i am an 8 people say i am smaller like i would lie about my size oh well like i care.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    10/12 on bottoms, 12/14 on tops/dresses. It the whole having large boobs thing that does it. I hate my size. I want to be about an 8. I'm pretty short. 5ft3. So realistically I should be a lot smaller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksugar)
    calling someone fat might be the truth too?

I don't think it's the word, it's how people say it.
    'Yuck/ew you're so skinny'
    'why are you so skinny, don't you eat?'
    'HOW old are you?'
    'I would HATE to not have curves!'

I think the tone of the comment and what people say before or after their comment makes the words hurtful- and I think this could/ would apply to both?

(I know it's a bit late)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I think it's wrong when someone says that about skinny people, they can't help that they were made that way.. Anyway whoever cares about them wont mind whether they are skinny or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k4713)
    Hey Girlsss,

Need some help,

What would you say are the most common bra sizes?

I am opening up an online store selling lingere and I'm struggling to decide on what sizes are going to be most common so that I can order more of them. Also, what colour underwear would you usually purchase?

Thanks in advance everyone
    I'd say that sizes B to D are most common in cup sizes, and in back size 30 to 36.

Most common underwear colours? Black, white , red - any colour really. Lace is also a nice pattern, if you're thinking of patterns.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'2", size 14, and I want to be a 10. I have put on a lot of weight over the past 4 years, due to depression, under active thyroid and above all falling into line with my boyfriend's bad eating habits and now I have decided to tackle it once and for all. My goal is to fit into my old alternative clothes and sexy dress. I feel disgusting. My tummy sticks out further than my boobs and I look pregnant. I'm changing my eating and exercise habits, before anyone complains about me whinging and not doing anything about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HmMusic)
    I'm 5'2", size 14, and I want to be a 10. I have put on a lot of weight over the past 4 years, due to depression, under active thyroid and above all falling into line with my boyfriend's bad eating habits and now I have decided to tackle it once and for all. My goal is to fit into my old alternative clothes and sexy dress. I feel disgusting. My tummy sticks out further than my boobs and I look pregnant. I'm changing my eating and exercise habits, before anyone complains about me whinging and not doing anything about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck, you sound really positive go you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    8/9/10/12/13/14/

Are perfect!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 6 to 8. (Sometimes 6, sometimes 8.) I am sort of happy but want to put on a bit of weight so a secure 8 or 10 would be nice

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 12. I'm usually happy with it but I sometimes have fat days :L

ReputationRep:
    Size 10/12 - usually a 10. I'm only 5 ft. 3 so really it doesn't fit with my bmi (I should weigh less as I'm shorter). I would ideally like to be an 8, I have a goal weight in mind and am working towards that. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 10 for tops and 12 for trousers. I wouldn't like to change those sizes. I would like to have more muscle to replace some fat, but ideally I'd like the thickness to stay the same.

I'm 5ft. 6

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.