Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awilson94)
    Yep! Do you have any idea what may come up in the exam? Thank you! I study maths also, as well as Geography! And I am planning to study Criminology at Chester
    Unfortunately not. In the exam in Jan there was a specific question on the ways to measure inflation and whether deflation was an important macroeconomic objective so as they are quite specific I would bet on them not coming up in this one. But I can't really give any more insight haha.

Oh what board are you with for Maths? Edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie7wright)
    Unfortunately not. In the exam in Jan there was a specific question on the ways to measure inflation and whether deflation was an important macroeconomic objective so as they are quite specific I would bet on them not coming up in this one. But I can't really give any more insight haha.

Oh what board are you with for Maths? Edexcel?
    I've managed to find a copy of the January exam so I will take a look at that later on! For maths I do ocr mei! you?

ReputationRep:
    I've managed to find a copy of the January exam so I will take a look at that later on! For maths I do ocr mei! you?
    Ahh I do Edexcel, it's my next and last exam after this! Then it's off to Zante haha:cool: Using my holiday as motivation to get me through these last weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I do Edexcel, it's my next and last exam after this! Then it's off to Zante haha:cool: Using my holiday as motivation to get me through these last weeks!
    Ah okay I have m1 or Monday, economics unit 4 on Tuesday then c4 on Thursday! then Im free for the summer haha! I go to turkey in 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    "There should be an understanding of the reasons for changes in the pattern of trade between the UK and rest of the world" and
    "Be able to discuss the nature and importance of trade between developed and developing countries for both parties".

Anyone care to help with these two statements?

ReputationRep:
    I study Maths and History as well as Economics and yes I am planning to study Economics at uni too.
    Good choices I do the same except I'm going to study history at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay I have m1 or Monday, economics unit 4 on Tuesday then c4 on Thursday! then Im free for the summer haha! I go to turkey in 2 weeks
    Oh 3 exams in a week, good luck haha! Ah awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebe230253)
    sorry for the amount of questions but do the EU fiscal rules also apply to UK ? xxxxxxxxxxx
    The UK government is responsible for the UK economy. However, the only main thing about the UK being in the EU is that it's a single market meaning the UK has to set a common external tarriff on countries outside the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran?)
    Good choices I do the same except I'm going to study history at uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha yeah I like em

I really enjoy history but I struggle to get an A under timed conditions in the exam so I decided Economics would be a better choice

ReputationRep:
    Did you just do past papers? I'm just on tutor2u atm looking for extra notes!
    Obviously you need to know the stuff before you do questions, but yes! It's all well and good knowing the content looking for notes, but practicing the application and exam timings is vital.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean use information from context 1 for a context 2 question?

If so I highly doubt any of the information will be relevant to your question if it's taken from another context. But if it's only facts and figures and is 100% relevant then I don't see why not.

If you mean use data from the same context then yes this is exactly what you must do to achieve higher levels.
    Sweeet, thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    Me too haha, but I'm off to Kos instead! Cannot wait, getting me through Econ 4!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelbel1)
    Obviously you need to know the stuff before you do questions, but yes! It's all well and good knowing the content looking for notes, but practicing the application and exam timings is vital.
    Funny how this was negatively rated by 2 people, would you care to explain why? Quite clearly you need to know the content before you try a question, but knowing the content should be pretty much done for most people at this stage! Then, practice practice practice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran?)
    Somewhat. "An understanding of the importance of the City of London to the trade in financial services should be conveyed to students." is under the Balance of Payments section. Even if it doesn't come up explicitly it's still good to know as a source of evaluation.

Here's some notes on the role of the City and some pros and cons of it (the cons can be used for arguments in favour of rebalancing if that comes up in some form or another)
    cheers boss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecomax)
    Well have done the same thing as i did for econ 3, all the past questions in one file
    Also have a generic plan for 25 mark, exam tips from my econ teacher and i've taken all the notes off revisionguru and broke them down a bit
    could you send this to me please?

ReputationRep:
    Well have done the same thing as i did for econ 3, all the past questions in one file
    Also have a generic plan for 25 mark, exam tips from my econ teacher and i've taken all the notes off revisionguru and broke them down a bit
    Any chance of you sharing? Would be much appreciated?! I'm really hoping to get a mid C in this unit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curtisblackham)
    Any chance of you sharing? Would be much appreciated?! I'm really hoping to get a mid C in this unit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Got any idea how i can direct post them on here? ha, otherwise PM me your email

ReputationRep:
    I've PMd you my email thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can you host a link on filedropper . no signup required

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani robin)
    Phil Holden on youtube explains the phillips curve very well, you should watch some of his videos.
    Hey thanks for the tip mate.

I've figured the problem out, its all clear.

I've actually already seen his videos and yeah, he's really good!

Thank you anyway

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.