The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

University Of South Wales students 2013

Scroll to see replies

Ah i've been putting off joining this thread until my place was confirmed but i got my letters this week from the University and from UCAS so its finally official :biggrin: I mean i knew my results already but until you hear it officially it doesn't count.

I will be studying Photographic Art at Caerleon and I have a single en-suite room reserved for September, and I am coming from Liverpool which is about 3 and half hours away. I think they where some topics of conversation that i've missed.

Oh i emailed accommodation yesterday to ask about Payment options as there was a mistake on the website that confused me but she also told me to expect the license agreement for accommodation to be sent out from the 15th of August. I don't know whether that information is useful to anyone.

Getting rather excited now
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Original post by RustedPickle
Ah i've been putting off joining this thread until my place was confirmed but i got my letters this week from the University and from UCAS so its finally official :biggrin: I mean i knew my results already but until you hear it officially it doesn't count.

I will be studying Photographic Art at Caerleon and I have a single en-suite room reserved for September, and I am coming from Liverpool which is about 3 and half hours away. I think they where some topics of conversation that i've missed.

Oh i emailed accommodation yesterday to ask about Payment options as there was a mistake on the website that confused me but she also told me to expect the license agreement for accommodation to be sent out from the 15th of August. I don't know whether that information is useful to anyone.

Getting rather excited now

:frown: when did you get the letter? And has anyone else had one :s-smilie:
Original post by Heyitspaxo
:frown: when did you get the letter? And has anyone else had one :s-smilie:

I got a letter from the University on Monday saying i had achieved the the required conditions and that my offer is now Unconditional and then on Tuesday UCAS emailed me saying their was a change and it was basically saying that my place was confirmed then on Wednesday and actual letter from UCAS came saying the exact same thing.
Oh :frown: which campus are you on and had you done a foundation year :/
Oh :frown: which campus are you on and had you done a foundation year :/

I'll be on Caerleon campus as far as i know and nope i didn't do a foundation year. Was i meant to? :eek:
I'll be on Caerleon campus as far as i know and nope i didn't do a foundation year. Was i meant to? :eek:

Nono haha :P just trying to figure out why I haven't got a latter :frown:
Nono haha :P just trying to figure out why I haven't got a latter :frown:

Have you had an email or anything saying that their has been a change in your application? I'd log in to UCAS Track and see if there has been an update. I mean that is if your offer was conditional it may be different if yours was unconditional from the start.
Reply 167
I had my unconditional letter through once I got my result from the foundation year, about June time x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 168
Oh and hey pickle! I think I've got a friend doing photo art :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Freglin
Oh and hey pickle! I think I've got a friend doing photo art :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyy. Oh that's awesome i haven't been able to find anyone doing Photo Art its mostly Photo for fashion and advertising that i've come across xD Which is what i was going to pick initially but felt Photo Art was a little more open and i could try different genres of photography and hopefully find my calling
Reply 170
I was torn between photo art and PFA too :tongue: but on my foundation year I really enjoyed working with the fashion side of things so I went for PFA :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you had an email or anything saying that their has been a change in your application? I'd log in to UCAS Track and see if there has been an update. I mean that is if your offer was conditional it may be different if yours was unconditional from the start.

No :frown: I'm really worried now :frown:
Reply 172
Ohh :/ don't be worried! Just check out your ucas track x it will say on there x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Freglin
Ohh :/ don't be worried! Just check out your ucas track x it will say on there x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just checked :frown: no change :frown: I have emailed them asking to confirm my place etc :frown: really really worried now :frown:
Reply 174
Don't worry! Really, if you've got the grades they asked for to get unconditional, then you're in :smile: maybe you just need to send them a copy of your results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Freglin
Don't worry! Really, if you've got the grades they asked for to get unconditional, then you're in :smile: maybe you just need to send them a copy of your results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did they automatically email you? Or did you have to send them anything :/
No :frown: I'm really worried now :frown:

No need to be worried. Also this may make a difference. The results you're waiting on are they from a BTEC or an actual A-Level? I just finished a BTEC National Diploma in Photography however actual A-Level results day isn't until the 15th of August I think so if you're awaiting official confirmation of your grades on an A-Level then you probably get them next week and then your letters will come in the following days :biggrin:

I am sure if you email the university they will clear things up. They reply so quick.
No need to be worried. Also this may make a difference. The results you're waiting on are they from a BTEC or an actual A-Level? I just finished a BTEC National Diploma in Photography however actual A-Level results day isn't until the 15th of August I think so if you're awaiting official confirmation of your grades on an A-Level then you probably get them next week and then your letters will come in the following days :biggrin:

I am sure if you email the university they will clear things up. They reply so quick.

I did my a levels last year, I did a ualfoundation diploma this year, and my condition was a merit, which I got.... I got my official results back in June and am collecting my certificates on Monday :/
I did my a levels last year, I did a ualfoundation diploma this year, and my condition was a merit, which I got.... I got my official results back in June and am collecting my certificates on Monday :/

Oh thats awesome, i think the best thing to do then is to email admissions and see if they want you to send the certificates (well copies that is) when you get them on Monday. It may be different depending on the awarding body. I know for mine I haven't been asked to send the certificates (not that i've got them yet anyway). Its weird but certainly nothing to worry about.

You've got the grades, you've met the conditions, to me that means you're in :biggrin: I think it will be solved once you contact them.
Oh thats awesome, i think the best thing to do then is to email admissions and see if they want you to send the certificates (well copies that is) when you get them on Monday. It may be different depending on the awarding body. I know for mine I haven't been asked to send the certificates (not that i've got them yet anyway). Its weird but certainly nothing to worry about.

You've got the grades, you've met the conditions, to me that means you're in :biggrin: I think it will be solved once you contact them.

I guess :/ ugh :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending