Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Urgh recall has been fluctuating the past few nights I will have an LD tonight though!
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by djpatch)
    Urgh recall has been fluctuating the past few nights I will have an LD tonight though!
    Oh, me too as a last hurrah before my exam results tomorrow…

ReputationRep:
    I told myself I would have an LD last night, since my exams finished yesterday.

I have really poor recall lately. Not fluctuating, just straight out poor - However I ended up having about 12 hours sleep, and managed to have an LD! It was with WILD though. Multiple WILDs. Is that cheating?

As soon as I entered one of the dream, I was going round a building looking for someone named Matthew. After a few minutes, I finally found her - yes, her. Tall, blond woman with short wavy hair. I felt the dream was trolling me so much I just sat there and did nothing in frustration. Then I woke up

But yea, I mainly have trouble staying in the dream once I'm in. If I realise I'm dreaming, I wake up. Sometimes I don't even make it out of bed once I'm dreaming... The dream body is next to impossible to move, then I try too hard, and then I don't realise I've bounced out of the dream and I end up moving my real body instead. Troll dreams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    I told myself I would have an LD last night, since my exams finished yesterday.

I have really poor recall lately. Not fluctuating, just straight out poor - However I ended up having about 12 hours sleep, and managed to have an LD! It was with WILD though. Multiple WILDs. Is that cheating?

As soon as I entered one of the dream, I was going round a building looking for someone named Matthew. After a few minutes, I finally found her - yes, her. Tall, blond woman with short wavy hair. I felt the dream was trolling me so much I just sat there and did nothing in frustration. Then I woke up

But yea, I mainly have trouble staying in the dream once I'm in. If I realise I'm dreaming, I wake up. Sometimes I don't even make it out of bed once I'm dreaming... The dream body is next to impossible to move, then I try too hard, and then I don't realise I've bounced out of the dream and I end up moving my real body instead. Troll dreams.
    Your dreams are very strange haha. Well all I can suggest is stabilising but I guess you'd already do that if you've been doing this a while. I'm sure you'll start staying in the dream longer soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djpatch)
    Your dreams are very strange haha. Well all I can suggest is stabilising but I guess you'd already do that if you've been doing this a while. I'm sure you'll start staying in the dream longer soon
    I usually stabalise by rubbing my hands against a rough surface like carpet, but sometimes I dont even get that far. It's like "Oh look, I'm dreami- Oh wait no, it's fading away..." I've heard DEILD can be used for a quick re-entry to the dream, guess I'll try that tonight .

On another note, does anyone ever get recurring dreams? Sometimes I have the exact same dream, but months or even years apart.

Like today, I had the same dream that I had about 3 months ago. Me and my class (well, some of my friends) arrive on a school trip to a palace. The ground floor had been blocked off, so we all decide to sneak into the building through the first floor. the floor was damaged enough so that we could see into the floor below, which was the throne room - and we saw the queen in the chair, and all her servants around her, murdered.
    I wander off for a little while straying from the group, and then see the real queen coming into the first floor through a secret door - looking very distraught, and with several bishops trying to guide her. And then I realised it was the queen's double that had been murdered. So then I spent the rest of my dream keeping the fact that the queen was alive a secret, whilst also trying to find out who was trying to murder her.

....You're right. My dreams are strange.

But when I hear that someone has had the exact same dream twice, usually it's either within the same night, the same week, or it's a recurring nightmare.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    But when I hear that someone has had the exact same dream twice, usually it's either within the same night, the same week, or it's a recurring nightmare.
    Nah, I've had the same dreams several times, separated by years - unfortunately, I forget what they are at the moment, but I do remember there are two of them, and I've had them about three times each.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know if they're proper recurring dreams but I definitely either revisit or vividly remember certain places in dreams. There's a shopping centre, a road leading to a hospital for some reason, a whole town, and some train stations that don't exist, among others.

The dream I will always remember is from when I was a kid and the national lottery had released the thunderball draw. I dreamt about being chased around by this big red ball- it was terrifying!
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by noodles!)
    The dream I will always remember is from when I was a kid and the national lottery had released the thunderball draw. I dreamt about being chased around by this big red ball- it was terrifying!
    Heh :P I like that!
    Today I dreamt that a martial artist friend (who does actually exist) and I were both Jedi - I wielded two sabres and he didn't use any, just the power of the Force. I don't really remember any more than that… (there were others involved, allies and foes, but I forget the details). Unfortunately, that makes things like being able to jump really high and perform telekinesis narratively consistent, and I didn't perform a dedicated reality check, so I didn't get lucid. Tomorrow!
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Yeahh, lucid I noticed when I accidentally jumped really really high to escape something-or-other that I don't really remember. It was followed by about five minutes of lucidity before I had a false awakening, but I quickly became lucid again.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It is really rarely that I'm dreaming, not to mention that I have lucid dreaming. The last dream by which I was aware of dreaming was in my childhood, so its been a while that I had a lucid dreaming.

ReputationRep:
    I've had quite a few LDs, they're awesome!

Haven't had one for quite a while though, but when I was actually trying a year or two ago, I had a fair amount. Though I often had the same problem as others- the dream fading away once I was lucid. I used to say/shout 'I am lucid, the world is vivid!' and rub my hands together, which seemed to help.

I did put in quite a lot of effort, with the dream diary, reality checks etc, but the feeling you get when fully lucid in a dream is so cool.

I saw limitless again today and I think the first time he takes NZT is kinda similar to how I feel when I become lucid- everything becomes more vivid and seems to have more clarity.

I'd like to start LDing again if I have time

ReputationRep:
    I've never tried to induce lucid dreaming but I quite often go through phases where I'll naturally have them but wake up really soon. I had about 2 weeks where every night I was waking up at about 4am because of it.
    I'll suddenly become aware that I'm dreaming and I can be aware for quite a while however as soon as I try to start changing significant things or the direction of the dream I can slowly feel myself becoming concious. Occasionally I can force myself back into the dream but most the time I just wake up.
    It sounds odd but I always find that I can control sex dreams very well.

I never really thought about learning to control it but it does seem fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMeAgain.x)
    Near enough every week I will have a lucid dream (not by choice, for whatever reason I get them naturally) and they give me bad migraines when I wake up, is there a way to stop them?
    Or at least stop them giving me headaches, I don't mind them so much as dreams because designing a world and story is like mind sims

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's so weird, I get them naturally too sometimes and my head always kills when I wake up from them. I've tended to attribute it to me trying to force myself back into the dream and straining my brain or something lol, or just waking up at a weird point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniellejo.)
    That's so weird, I get them naturally too sometimes and my head always kills when I wake up from them. I've tended to attribute it to me trying to force myself back into the dream and straining my brain or something lol, or just waking up at a weird point.
    Glad I'm not the only one I thought it might be straining my brain to have them so often or so intense too but I've been assures that lucid dreams shouldn't result in headaches. I know my head definitely hurts more if the dream was going quite well and I re enter into the same one so who knows? >_<

ReputationRep:
    I need to start forming a routine if I seriously want to get into this.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    I need to start forming a routine if I seriously want to get into this.
    Yep, routine is everything when it comes to unconscious thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaug123)
    Yep, routine is everything when it comes to unconscious thought
    Yes, if I want to seriously pursue this, then I need to start getting into the habit of recording my dreams, etc.

ReputationRep:
    On another note, does anyone ever get recurring dreams? Sometimes I have the exact same dream, but months or even years apart.
    Yeah, not often but I've had them before :P

(Original post by Smaug123)
    Yeahh, lucid I noticed when I accidentally jumped really really high to escape something-or-other that I don't really remember. It was followed by about five minutes of lucidity before I had a false awakening, but I quickly became lucid again.
    Nice!

(Original post by Kallisto)
    It is really rarely that I'm dreaming, not to mention that I have lucid dreaming. The last dream by which I was aware of dreaming was in my childhood, so its been a while that I had a lucid dreaming.
    Maybe try keeping a regular sleep schedule? Or go to bed earlier? A lot of people don't remember their dreams because they go to bed at something like 3am or just don't keep going to bed at the same time each night

Well I didn't realise I'd be away so long xD Should probably say hi to the people in the Entertainment sub-forum at some point too since that's the forum which the Lucid Dreaming group is assigned to :P On another note I had a false awakening this morning and a few days ago I did the nose RC in my dream. I can't remember if I became lucid or not but the dream ended shortly after that anyway. I hope it was a lucid >.<

ReputationRep:
    I randomly go through stages of lucid dreaming and I'm not really too sure why, I haven't done it for about a year to my recollection but before that I had a couple of months where it happened literally every night, no idea why

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesey_)
    I randomly go through stages of lucid dreaming and I'm not really too sure why, I haven't done it for about a year to my recollection but before that I had a couple of months where it happened literally every night, no idea why

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Everyone goes through phases like that I have them every so often too for no reason. Why not try and then you can do whatever you want in your dreams?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.