Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    Does anyone know how Chamakh is doing at Westham?
    Warming the bench

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Yeah hes a real mans man when hes not trying to grass on fabregas to the FA for the heinous crime of swearing at the ref
    Fabregas accused the ref of taking bribes from Everton according to Moyes, so not just swearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluenose14)
    Fabregas accused the ref of taking bribes from Everton according to Moyes, so not just swearing.
    No chance it was a serious accusation though it would have been a throw away comment as part of a rant when hes clearly pissed off (and rightfully so), how many times do you hear something along the lines of 'how much are they paying you ref' when you are playing and one of the sides feels hard done by. And why has Moyes gotta cry about it in the media after anyway ?

ReputationRep:
    Assuming Lambert is chatting **** about Benteke's price tag, I don't see why we couldn't get Jovetic AND Benteke. Strength in depth. It's obvious Wenger doesn't see Podolski or Walcott as strikers... so we have one striker right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_gooner)
    Warming the bench
    at least he's making the bench

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Assuming Lambert is chatting **** about Benteke's price tag, I don't see why we couldn't get Jovetic AND Benteke. Strength in depth. It's obvious Wenger doesn't see Podolski or Walcott as strikers... so we have one striker right now.
    There's no way benteke is going to go for 25 million

ReputationRep:
    Cazorla has impressed me as the season has gone on and I think he's our best player in the final third. Wenger need's a new formation, Neither Wilshere or Cazorla should be played out wide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    There's no way benteke is going to go for 25 million
    exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    Cazorla has impressed me as the season has gone on and I think he's our best player in the final third. Wenger need's a new formation, Neither Wilshere or Cazorla should be played out wide.
    I think cazorla out wide works when we have rosicky in the middle as those two seem to have some kind of connection which wilshere and cazorla don't

Plus iirc cazorla was played mostly on the wing at malaga

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Falcao isn't going madrid, there'd be absolute outrage if he did. Maybe could see cavani there though.
    Even if he is gone I don't see him coming to arsenal. You think chelsea, juve and city won't be in for him, all three more attractive places than arsenal.

Do you think you'll afford him either in terms of wages without completely unbalancing the wage structure? He's not going arsenal.
    Just because there might be outrage doesn't mean it won't happen. I expect him to join Real.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Falcao isn't going madrid, there'd be absolute outrage if he did. Maybe could see cavani there though.
    Even if he is gone I don't see him coming to arsenal. You think chelsea, juve and city won't be in for him, all three more attractive places than arsenal.

Do you think you'll afford him either in terms of wages without completely unbalancing the wage structure? He's not going arsenal.
    Don't be so sure about Falcao not going to Madrid, it could happen. Juve have gotten Llorente already, City are still quite stacked in attack and Chelsea could possibly happen.

I think Higuain is only on around 90-100k per week, and considering Poldi is on 90k it could be done if we clear out enough deadwood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Let Benteke stay at Villa and develop he's game, right now he's not good enough to play for arsenal. A player who in the second year of his contract, who had a good season hyped up by the English media is worth 25 mil. I know Wenger has the commom sense not to buy him. Wenger does see Podolski and Theo as strikers.

Wenger talking about podolski
    “After that, we won at Swansea…sometimes you have periods like that and I think he can play as a central striker as well.
    “I work a lot with him as a central striker at the moment. He is a quality player and when he comes on you can see that straight away. You don’t get 100 caps by luck.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...earhead-attack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Let Benteke stay at Villa and develop he's game, right now he's not good enough to play for arsenal. A player who in the second year of his contract, who had a good season hyped up by the English media is worth 25 mil. I know Wenger has the commom sense not to buy him. Wenger does see Podolski and Theo as strikers.

“After that, we won at Swansea…sometimes you have periods like that and I think he can play as a central striker as well.
    “I work a lot with him as a central striker at the moment. He is a quality player and when he comes on you can see that straight away. You don’t get 100 caps by luck.

So we wait until he is priced out and other clubs hijack the deal :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    So we wait until he is priced out and other clubs hijack the deal :facepalm:
    You need to wake up and smell the coffee beans mate. Benteke wont be going nowhere after he's first season at Villa its as simple as that. Benteke isn't the saviour for arsenal and I don't know why you insist on Wenger signing him, there are other better players around. We need to sign top quality players to win honors and compete for the PL and CL. Let Benteke work on his game so he can earn the right to play for arsenal. One good season at Villa doesn't warrant a transfer at Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    You need to wake up and smell the coffee beans mate. Benteke wont be going nowhere after he's first season at Villa its as simple as that. Benteke isn't the saviour for arsenal and I don't know why you insist on Wenger signing him, there are other better players around. We need to sign top quality players to win honors and compete for the PL and CL. Let Benteke work on his game so he can earn the right to play for arsenal. One good season at Villa doesn't warrant a transfer at Arsenal
    You need to wake up and realise that benteke is a great player - players that are better ie lewandowski, higuain, cavani are not coming to arsenal

ReputationRep:
    I think cazorla out wide works when we have rosicky in the middle as those two seem to have some kind of connection which wilshere and cazorla don't

Plus iirc cazorla was played mostly on the wing at malaga
    Do you not think for counter attacks especially, Cazorla is our best man to be in the centre?. He can give any pass instead of trying to take someone on and getting brought down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    Do you not think for counter attacks especially, Cazorla is our best man to be in the centre?. He can give any pass instead of trying to take someone on and getting brought down.
    I would much rather cazorla in the centre but if rosicky is available i would make space for him shifting cazorla to the left but probably switch it back after 2/3 of the game so rosicky comes off for the ox or something

ReputationRep:
    You need to wake up and realise that benteke is a great player - players that are better ie lewandowski, higuain, cavani are not coming to arsenal
    Don't get caught up in the Hype around Benteke, sit down and watch Benteke then you will realise that he need time to improve. Setting on an arsenal bench wont help him

ReputationRep:

oh yeh and walcott, padolski, giroud and benik afobe are?

benteke will improve but he is not bad in any area atm, he can hold the ball, dribble, finish and bully defenders. I cant think of one area that giroud is better than him tbh and he wont cost anymore than the 15mill we paid for giroud.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get caught up in the Hype around Benteke, sit down and watch Benteke then you will realise that he need time to improve. Setting on an arsenal bench wont help him
    I have watched benteke. He does need to improve but he is already a great player

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.