Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjf8)
    Why, out of interest?
    Multiple blasts at a well organised event with large security, more than likely a group of people responsible. More groups outside the US than inside the US who would like to conduct such an attack. I understand people being PC and staying neutral, but the highest likelihood was always an attack, and the highest likelihood is some kind of Islamic terror group or sympathisers. I don't know of course, but that doesn't mean I can't make a guess from my living room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Library bombing confirmed, not a controlled explosion.

What kind of low life blows up a library? What next, a hospital?
    i hate to quote films when a tragedy occurs but
    "some people just want to watch the world burn"
    i get the feeling it might have simply been an unprovoked attack, like those school shootings that have been happening lately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)

A man? On the roof of a nearby building on the scene. :holmes:

Odd stance etc. if a bomb had just went off I would be running out arms flailing everywhere.

Almost certainly nothing mind, just saw it somewhere.
    Looks like bigfoot.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamlondon)
    Another excuse to start a war in guessing..., whose fault was it this time Iran or Korea hmm...
    This isn't as big as 9/11, so a war will not be started, plus some americans are opening their mind and realising that the iraq war was pointless

ReputationRep:
    A controlled explosion was carried out on Boylston Street.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they've just confirmed the JFK Library 'incident'

ReputationRep:
    Who the **** bombs a library.

ReputationRep:
    Footage of explosion + direct aftermath

http://www.boston.com/video/viral_pa...=2303076923001

ReputationRep:
    Amateur footage of the explosions from the scene: http://bcove.me/qwi5k6ap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfy^)
    The suspect — a Saudi national who suffered shrapnel wounds in today's blast — is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital.
    Considering the panic that happened after, he's probably just been arrested on suspicion of being a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    Supposedly alleged suspect in hospital is Saudi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    This isn't as big as 9/11, so a war will not be started, plus some americans are opening their mind and realising that the iraq war was pointless
    Hmm we will see if an invasion happens, however it is pretty difficult to invade such powerful nations. Sad for the families of the victims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamlondon)
    Another excuse to start a war in guessing..., whose fault was it this time Iran or Korea hmm...
    Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Source on the confirmed library bomb? What I'm reading is that it's just a fire and not related.

ReputationRep:
    North Korea ? Terrorists ? The government? What do you all think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just put the news on saw mad explosions omg what the hell!

Feel for those hurt in the marathon?!

Blast went off as they were finishing it?

Why would someone do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luxray)
    It might sound selfish but I just hope it isn't Islamic radicals/extremists. We have enough bad press atm
    People have ****ing died you prick and all of you selfish Muslim ***** are just worrying about your own religions publicity

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    Source on the confirmed library bomb? What I'm reading is that it's just a fire and not related.
    Police statement.

ReputationRep:
    Press release from the police commissioner.

ReputationRep:
    Dear The Atlantic,

In what world is it necessary to post a picture of an injured party being taken away from the scene with a disconcerting amount of bare leg bone showing, covered in blood, etc? I'm not even talking just about their readers' sensibilities, but this person has been seriously injured and now he also has to deal with having what was, probably, a terrifying moment for him immortalised. Some things need to stay private.

Urgh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.