Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackorchid)
    It's not so much the red thing, its the responses people have left, the underlying judgement. All I wanted was some advice on beauty and having a makeover and I feel like people are attacking me for posting a picture.

Can I please say that I read your blog, it truly did move me.
    People are always going to judge :erm: If you're willing to put yourself out there and ask for their advice, you have to be willing to handle them judging you.

At the end of the day you know why you posted and hopefully you got some good advice - if strangers on the internet think you're fishing for compliments, let them think that, it doesn't matter.

And cheers :cute: I don't really know what I think of it - it's nice to write though.

ReputationRep:
    Believe me I have thick skin, I've been called a lot of things before and heck I've been hit a lot before.
    But maybe my thick skin is wearing down. I was naive to think people would give advice on how I could change my look in a blunt manner rather than people blunty judging me to be attention seeking.
    Yes.

I really wish you weren't so affected by this thread. =/

Plus, you got negged because you are indeed very good looking, so many people felt you don't need any improvements really even though you asked for some.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    People are always going to judge :erm: If you're willing to put yourself out there and ask for their advice, you have to be willing to handle them judging you.

At the end of the day you know why you posted and hopefully you got some good advice - if strangers on the internet think you're fishing for compliments, let them think that, it doesn't matter.

And cheers :cute: I don't really know what I think of it - it's nice to write though.
    I never thought of it like that, you're right. Sod them, let them think whatever.

I understand what you mean about writing, I've written in a journal for a couple of years now, there's something strangely cathartic about doing it and it helps (for me anyway) organise my thoughts a lot more.

ReputationRep:
    I never thought of it like that, you're right. Sod them, let them think whatever.

I understand what you mean about writing, I've written in a journal for a couple of years now, there's something strangely cathartic about doing it and it helps (for me anyway) organise my thoughts a lot more.
    That's the spirit - don't get hung up on all the politics and opinions and judgement, it won't do you any good and it's pretty meaningless to start with :rolleyes:

As good a reason as any :cute: I got into it to practice my writing and do something constructive with what I think and feel.

ReputationRep:
    from your face, body and clothes youre hot, the only thing id say was to change your hair style, don't ask me what style though..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    How much make up are you wearing? Just curious

ReputationRep:
    Hi so uhm this is me sorry for the webcam quality! I'm on the spare laptop, I'll try finding a better picture soon. Please be completely honest and tell me how can I look better? I am thinking of getting a new hairstyle can anyone suggest a style that might suit me, or maybe a new hair colour. I'm not really sure.

I didn't expect to be given so many thumbs down, maybe I should try closing the thread. How do I close it?
    Your form is terrible as you have already pointed out. The look you are sporting is unbelievably unnatractive.

I would love to help you but, there is no hope left for you.....

ReputationRep:
    You're incredibly attractive, vain and shallow. Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feathermoon)
    A **** load (y)

(Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    Your form is terrible as you have already pointed out. The look you are sporting is unbelievably unnatractive.

I would love to help you but, there is no hope left for you.....
    :rolleyes:

(Original post by Trigger)
    Bingooo!

ReputationRep:
    Hi so uhm this is me sorry for the webcam quality! I'm on the spare laptop, I'll try finding a better picture soon. Please be completely honest and tell me how can I look better? I am thinking of getting a new hairstyle can anyone suggest a style that might suit me, or maybe a new hair colour. I'm not really sure.

I didn't expect to be given so many thumbs down, maybe I should try closing the thread. How do I close it?
    I personally prefer curvy girls with a full rack and booty but u cant do much about that and Im sure some men find you attractive, not sure how you can improve tbh, you look fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feathermoon)
    4 things. Mascara, eyebrow pencil, lipstick and blusher. I normally wear foundation as well but have recently stopped wearing it.

ReputationRep:

Its just jealousy all those negatives....you look stunning. x

ReputationRep:

Wow, you are so beautiful! >.<

ReputationRep:
    I'm fine with some joking around like what you did but I've gotten a lot of 'negs' which isn't nice..
    I don't personally know what you expected. You're obviously a very attractive girl, but you are commanding attention from people who perhaps feel less endowed or confident with their own looks. It's like asking the poor what they would do to make the royal palaces look nicer - free speech gives you the right to do it, but modesty is a virtue.
    On top of this, nobody wants to feed the ego of someone who is already confident enough in themselves to post photos of themselves up on the Internet except, of course, the desperate males who would take sex if it was handed to them on the underside of a car tyre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger)
    Its just jealousy all those negatives....you look stunning. x
    Not really jealousy, the title just seems a bit attention seeking, although I never accused her of doing that, many have.
    Yes she is very pretty, but 'how can I look better?' as well as posting a nice photo has caused many to think that she's attention seeking, which is hated on TSR. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    You're very pretty, I would say all you should change is the make-up, the blusher looks a bit unnatural. Tone that down, and you'll look great.

you are insanely pretty if I was as beautiful as you I wouldnt worry about my looks at all! Your stunning you need to realise you are and enjoy being so pretty because its not long till we all get old and our looks fade !! literally id kill to be as pretty as you !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    You mad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanbabbar./)
    A **** load (y)

:rolleyes:

Bingooo!
    Jelly much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zshoom)
    You mad?
    Barely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.