The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
HOWWW does K = 6/5 ??????????????????????????
Original post by calthedude
What did you all get for the question where it asks for 2^k only question that had me stumped

I got k to be 2 so 2^2
Original post by dannyb2012
I got k to be 2 so 2^2

Saw so many different answers of people coming out of the exam, i got 7/2 then 1/2 and stuck with 1/2
Reply 163
It clearly said k was a rational number
Original post by The H

That's why i put 1/2
Reply 165
Original post by The H

An integer can be rational aswell..
Reply 166
Original post by calthedude
That's why i put 1/2

Well i think it was 6/5
Reply 167
Original post by davon806
I got 56?Does anyone remember the whole question?

I defo got 56, I checked by doing the same formula to get U2, so I'm pretty sure that's right. Also if U3 was above 100, the sequence would go down from 90 something to 70 something then back up to over 100, doesn't seem right to me!
What did we get for the 9th question values for costheta = 3/2 summit like that and the previous one of 180-45 and 360+45 which I got tan Inverse of (1) = 45
Reply 169
Original post by sohailkm96
For the question with root(8x^3 + 1) being translated from root(x^3 + 1)

I got stretch in the x-direction by scale factor 1/2, because I thought if you are replacing the x with 2x you are stretching it by a scale factor of 1/2 not 2 :s-smilie: Can someone explain please.

Original post by mike256
I think the question was actually the other way round: from sqrt(8x^3 + 1) to sqrt(x^3 + 1), so it was actually s.f. 2.

I got this question wrong; I put 1/2 :frown:

I put 1/2 too. :bawling:
Reply 170
What did people get for differentiation and the finding the normal equation page.

There was a question before it asked you to find dy/dx and i cant remember what it asked you to do so if anyone knows what question that was please say it.

my final normal equation went something like:

y=-1/60x+ (a fraction i cant remember)
My teacher said the correct answer for d was (-7,4)
Was pleased with log and trigonometrical equation I got x=-3 and 16,104,136. And I got p=6/5 eventually. I know I got the question about the obtuse angle wrong but should pick up a couple of marks and stretch scale factor 2 in x direction.pleased comparing my answers with people in my school I thought I was wrong!
Why is noone replying to this did u not do it or something !?? come on give some feedback guys !!!!!!

"What did we get for the 9th question values for costheta = 3/2 summit like that and the previous one of 180-45 and 360+45 which I got tan Inverse of (1) = 45" :angry:
Reply 174
No one reply to the above
What about the completing the square?

2(x+3/2)^2 + 0.5
min value = 0.5 anyone? :wink:
Reply 176
Lol dannyb....

I got x=45, 135 and 315
Reply 177
Guys please keep the answers coming, and it would help if you could remember the question number as well .

I am actively getting this mark scheme together so keep the answers coming
Reply 178
Original post by solosdk
Lol dannyb....

I got x=45, 135 and 315

I think it was only 135 and 315.
I got x = 16, 104 and 136 for the last one

also.. tan x = -1
solves to
x = 135, 315

Latest

Trending