Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahMxo)
    Did anyone else find that the Human Biology exam had barely any questions about the human body in it?
    Yep 😢 awk a hated it sooo much

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahMxo)
    Did anyone else find that the Human Biology exam had barely any questions about the human body in it?
    YES!

It was like they had taken everything that is never asked and made it into an exam and taken out everything that is asked year after year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aishah123)
    Yep ������ awk a hated it sooo much

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    The question about the village was so stupid. I thought I was sitting the biology one by accident!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xhannahdoherty)
    YES!

It was like they had taken everything that is never asked and made it into an exam and taken out everything that is asked year after year!
    I know I thought that too!

ReputationRep:
    The essays were really annoying. My teacher said that at an sea meeting they discussed that the essay would be from unit 3 and unit 1. They totally ruined the pattern that they have had for like 15 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)

*** the haemophilia question- i got a 0% chance?
    I also got 0%! Do you remember your explanation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaleidoscope)
    At some point in my explanation i mentioned how she would be a carrier but not actually have the disease

ReputationRep:
    I think I did quite badly. The questions were so odd, didn't like it at all. Did the 2012 paper yesterday and got an A so thought I was pretty prepared for today.. So deflated now though! What did everyone get for that question about village expansion and land use? Think I put deforestation for agricultural land.. Missed out the whole question that begun with "How long did ventricular systole last?" and a few other bits too.. Mad at myself for that but couldn't even make educated guesses. Also, did anyone else do the kidney essay? I wrote that the blood going into the nephron had a high conc. of glucose, urea, salts etc.. Then wrote about the proximal convoluted tubule reabsorbing glucose... And some more about reabsorption.. Don't know if that's right but was so stuck! Also do you think you had do mention ADH changing the permeability of the tubules?? Hope not. And what did everyone write for the cell membrane essay? 1A I think it was. I forgot how to describe endocytosis and exocytosis oh well, time to revise for English now
    Thats the same as me I did the 2012 paper and got like 78%. Didn't have a clue what the village expansion one was about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faye__1996)
    My dreams of medicine are over too, hope you're happy SQA
    On the same boat guys :/ Hopefully we can still do it one way or another!

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the cardiac cycle one? For ventricular systole? 0.5 seconds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuer)
    What did everyone get for the cardiac cycle one? For ventricular systole? 0.5 seconds?
    I got 0.3 but think it should of been 0.8 seconds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by regalrose)
    I forgot about bile... And fat sand proteins... I just did deammination, detoxification, glucose levels etc.
    I forgot the first couple! You reckon I can scrape 3/4 marks from describing in detail insulin, glucagon, detoxification? I hope so... Because I think I got 10 for the membrane essay :/

ReputationRep:
    At some point in my explanation i mentioned how she would be a carrier but not actually have the disease
    I think that's what I put also but then got a bit carried away mentioning that the x chromosome was taller than the y chromosome - looking back on it I'm not entirely sure what I was trying to say!
    Do you remember what you got for the village expansion question?

ReputationRep:
    Im actually doubting Ill even get a B...

Yeah i just said something along the lines of for a recessive disease to show the individual must have two of them, due to father having a dominant and he can only pass the x down, the required combination of 2 'h' alleles wasn't possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    This is the only think I'm going to get right

Someone remember the sec b questions!

one was the brain, one was the last question about the experiment, split brain patient, river/forest/village question, first one was about the enzymes, there was a question about viruses and immunity, the underlining one? The blood pressure one- graph of ventricular systole. one was about the guitarist.

*** the haemophilia question- i got a 0% chance?
    Got 0% for the haemophilia question but what did you put for reasoning ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudyMe)
    I forgot the first couple! You reckon I can scrape 3/4 marks from describing in detail insulin, glucagon, detoxification? I hope so... Because I think I got 10 for the membrane essay :/
    What did you write for the membrane essay? I think I stupidly described endocytosis and exocytosis wrongly

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get 0.5??????????

ReputationRep:
    YES!

100% Agree !!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    Im actually doubting Ill even get a B...

Yeah i just said something along the lines of for a recessive disease to show the individual must have two of them, due to father having a dominant and he can only pass the x down, the required combination of 2 'h' alleles wasn't possible.
    Me too! Really want a B as well. A C seems too disappointing for the effort I put in!
    Ahh okay, makes sense. I started rambling for the explanation.. Oh well

ReputationRep:
    I think that's what I put also but then got a bit carried away mentioning that the x chromosome was taller than the y chromosome - looking back on it I'm not entirely sure what I was trying to say!
    Do you remember what you got for the village expansion question?
    deforestation i think i put

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.