Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Arsey's Edexcel C1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS watch

ReputationRep:
    I think that an A will be 59-62

ReputationRep:
    If we got the wrong equation in 11c would we get a couple of follow through marks for working out the length of the line?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!!! I think I failed this exam! I got the first few questions right but it all went down hill from there! I'm SO sad because I tried really hard for this exam but I lost track of time and my mind went blank!
    I just want to curl up and die right now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jed_)
    100ums I think!! So many people are saying they got 100ums, the grade boundaries will probably be really high.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know right! I did too! Boundaries are going to be high! Was a really nice paper compared to Jan 13

ReputationRep:
    I basically had a small mistake on the arithmetic sequence question where my total number of weeks added up to 51 (yes I'm an idiot) with 20 being n in the sequence and 31*600 for the rest instead of 32*600. In the end, my answer was 600 less than expected as I thought so my method is totally right. Do you think I would lose 1 mark or 2 marks for this error or more :L ?

I'm hoping for 74/75 to be a 100 but I highly doubt 73/75 would be for this paper so that's why I'm asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle333)
    If we got the wrong equation in 11c would we get a couple of follow through marks for working out the length of the line?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't be surprised if you get full marks for 11 d, if you used your equation from 11 c and calculated the answer using your wrong equation. You will definitely get some marks for correct method.

ReputationRep:
    I actually cant remember what i did for the last part whether or not i did -1/m or not but i got a nice 71/75 lost marks for stupidity D: I wanted 100 UMS why did i rush at the end......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAZYABDI)
    I actually cant remember what i did for the last part whether or not i did -1/m or not but i got a nice 69/75 lost marks for stupidity D:
    69 is good and it (hopefully) will be an A! The boundaries won't be as high as what people imagine, it's never the case all the time.

You feel pleased with your performance?

ReputationRep:
    What do you think 70/75 will be ums wise? or 69/75? do you guys think it will be atleast 90 ums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    69 is good and it (hopefully) will be an A! The boundaries won't be as high as what people imagine, it's never the case all the time.

You feel pleased with your performance?
    Yer got B in Jan, still annoyed at my self for two tiny mistakes which costed me 100 UMS Yesterday D:

ReputationRep:
    Yer got B in Jan, still annoyed at my self for two tiny mistakes which costed me 100 UMS Yesterday D:
    Well, you have a good A. Every ums counts, but if you're consistent in your other modules, you'll easily get your A overall.

ReputationRep:
    I took this paper and the jan 13 one. Honestly, I found this much easier.
    Obviously, there were some questions which deliberately tried to trick you out. For me 8b+c took me a while to process properly. But overall the paper wasn't as intensive as it could have been so the grade boundaries will definately move up by a few percent this time round.
    But don't worry even if you can or cant resit this paper again, there are still 5 other papers you can do to make up for it, and the worst thing to do before and after exams is worry about it, otherwise all your other exams will be affected! ;P

ReputationRep:
    Arsey - could you tell me how strict the examiners are when marking in terms of method.

For example in question 1: I simply did the collection of like terms instead of all the terms!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Well, you have a good A. Every ums counts, but if you're consistent in your other modules, you'll easily get your A overall.
    C2 i can get A quite easily but S1 god i suck at s1 doing 5 hours of it tonight need to push my self from low 50's D: . Will you be sitting c2 next friday

ReputationRep:
    C2 i can get A quite easily but S1 god i suck at s1 doing 5 hours of it tonight need to push my self from low 50's D: . Will you be sitting c2 next friday
    Of course, C2 is on my hit list :rofl:

I'll try and aim for full ums, but I gotta keep my mistakes to a minimum!

You? Going all out on c2 yeah?

ReputationRep:
    Who can tell me if I used a pencil to draw the graph, would it be scanned and taken into account . My teachers said no, i am so worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALevel96)
    Arsey - could you tell me how strict the examiners are when marking in terms of method.

For example in question 1: I simply did the collection of like terms instead of all the terms!
    Please reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ju s ti ce)
    Who can tell me if I used a pencil to draw the graph, would it be scanned and taken into account . My teachers said no, i am so worried.
    It won't matter

ReputationRep:
    jan 2013 A:58 B50 C43 D36 E29 U0 - I thought that the May test was harder, alike many of my friends and teacher. All grade boundaries have this rough boundary. Therefore, I think that:
    May 2013; A56-62..........

ReputationRep:
    I've done all the past papers, but I never got higher than 71 in them. Looking at the mark scheme though, I think I got them all right so unless I made small mistakes with the integrating, I should be getting full marks. It was an easy paper.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.