Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliviaTurner)
    Does anyone know when the marking scheme comes out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It won't come out on the SQA website until August I don't think... however, there should be unofficial mark schemes from several schools coming out soon. I really want to find one!

ReputationRep:
    for extended answer 1A ii) i wrote a huge paragraph on the light independent stage and then realised it was dependent and had to score it all out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by am16)
    for extended answer 1A ii) i wrote a huge paragraph on the light independent stage and then realised it was dependent and had to score it all out

Did you finish...o:

As I did something similar^^

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the question paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eilidhb)
    That's so amazing!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Hehe thank you I'm sure you'll have done just as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSM1996)
    I think it may be go down a bit to maybe 82% this year because of the increased problem solving questions... whereas last year the exam was easier.
    Ooh okay, probs will then if the general grade boundaries are lower Best of luck with your results, I'm sure everyone will be fine in the end!

ReputationRep:
    Down to 82% for an A? It's usually 70%. I think an A this year will be about 87/130

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyGatz)
    Down to 82% for an A? It's usually 70%. I think an A this year will be about 87/130

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I was talking about an A1 sorry didn't specify

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by am16)
    What's the difference again?? Either I'm being stupid or I've forgotten the whole course within a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliviaTurner)
    What's the difference again?? Either I'm being stupid or I've forgotten the whole course within a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the light dependent stage is in the grans and it's where water is split into hydrogen and O2, and ATP is produced

light independent- Calvin cycle with RuBP accepting co2 and so on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So much analysing graphs and maths questions.

Made me want to be sick

ReputationRep:
    Had a really horrible thought last night that I forgot to write the essay question letter which I did. Really hope I wrote it.

Do you think a marker would take all the marks off? Because I wrote the title's and Q1/Q2, just not a/b

ReputationRep:
    I had a horrible thought I marked down the wrong answers for multiple choice..because iv done that before :c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euan23)
    Had a really horrible thought last night that I forgot to write the essay question letter which I did. Really hope I wrote it.

Do you think a marker would take all the marks off? Because I wrote the title's and Q1/Q2, just not a/b
    They don't care if you haven't wrote the letter because it should be easy to decipher between the two questions

(Original post by Proud_Student)
    I had a horrible thought I marked down the wrong answers for multiple choice..because iv done that before :c
    Do you mean like you missed a question then continued to fill the rest of the questions in the wrong spot? If so this will be flagged up by the computer and someone will check it

ReputationRep:
    For those who are saying that the grade boundaries for an A1 will be 82%-85%....WRONG. For the past few years to achieve the best grade in Biology students only needed around 80%.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do the translation of mRNA essay question ?

ReputationRep:
    They don't care if you haven't wrote the letter because it should be easy to decipher between the two questions

Do you mean like you missed a question then continued to fill the rest of the questions in the wrong spot? If so this will be flagged up by the computer and someone will check it

haha..thanks that put my mind to rest (phew) :cool:

and all I hope is I get a B in Biology...I wanna do Advance higher since it looks interesting and the teacher is actually a good one compared to the one I had this year ._.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proud_Student)
    haha..thanks that put my mind to rest (phew) :cool:

and all I hope is I get a B in Biology...I wanna do Advance higher since it looks interesting and the teacher is actually a good one compared to the one I had this year ._.
    I'm hoping for an A which I think I've done enough to get but you never know, I could of got it majorly wrong haha.

I'm the polar opposite, my teacher this year was good but the teacher who teaches advanced higher is sht

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackoGeddes)
    and for the DNA one at the beggining - first box was hydrogen bonds break between base pairs
    second box was - chemical bond form between phosphate of one nucleotide and deoxyribose of another giving it 'backbone'

help :P
    That's what I put!

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for an A which I think I've done enough to get but you never know, I could of got it majorly wrong haha.

I'm the polar opposite, my teacher this year was good but the teacher who teaches advanced higher is sht

Yeah our teacher was horrible...only 4 ppl got B in our Prelims...everyone else fail! (I failed by 1 mark D: )

But for our second prelim i got B so i hope I get a B in final exam

I wanna study science in University so I'm hoping for the best :/

In general only my maths,english and History teachers were good..my Chemistry teacher was ok but she was kinda confusing and our Biology teacher was so bad. He used to lecture us for 20 mins at the start about how we would fail, and then waste even more time going over last nights homework since he did not want to mark it!

its a wonder we finished the course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.