Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Post your unpopular opinions... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that you like to openly tell others that you're 'morally and socially superior' to them. Regardless of whether you privately realise this isn't true or not it takes a big ego to do something like this, ego which you then went on to criticise in others.
    In others? I went on to suggest an ego is a problem for all of us - not myself excluded. I don't 'openly tell others' I'm superior to them, either.

ReputationRep:
    Transsexuals are disgusting, unnatural and attention seekers who are freaks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackS94)
    I actually think the Government's doing an alright job - better than Labour would anyway

I think all religious organisations/institutions should be shut down

I can't stand The Godfather...the movie's just too old! (and it insists upon itself )

I'd vote in favour of the death penalty, and I think prisons should be much stricter (and without early release)

All talent shows should be taken off the air (also TOWIE and Made in Chelsea)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head
    I would have given you positive rating if i could but i thought i would reply instead. I absolutely 100% agree with you on the death penalty and the prisons. i just feel that our system is pretending to punish the guilty but is instead punishing many innocent people. Although i would have to disagree with the religious organisations one because i am religious myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akash11)
    The only things that matter in life besides good health are looks and money. And intelligence, as only intelligent/talented people have a relastic chance of making a fortune.

The average working class person has a lower IQ then the average upper or middle class person.

Islam is a violent ideology that may end up destroying the world.

Romantic love is far less resaesliant and powerful then most people assume.

People who cant have biological children have a huge whole in their life, and adoption is at best a poor substitute.
    I would have to disagree with the islam one because i am a muslim myself. i think it is people's perception of it that for them it seems to be a violent religion. And unfortunately true to quite an extent is the fact that it is actions of some Muslims for which the reputation of islam and other muslims always suffer. But the educated force should realise that some does not account for all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachz)

It might be but that doesn't mean it doesn't hold merit. What's point in splitting the atom without knowing what it means to do so? Science tells you how/why something works but doesn't tell you the meaning behind it.
    That's not even a valid question.

ReputationRep:
    There's too much downthumbing on TSR. Makes me scared to post anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trip506)
    There's too much downthumbing on TSR. Makes me scared to post anything
    who cares about negs? just do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    Oh here's another one people who refer to smilies as gifs should be hung drawn and quartered.
    Name:  Badass.png
Views: 246
Size:  131.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R3cognize)
    I hate 'lad' culture and everyone in it
    University should become more exclusive
    Racism and other preconceptions should become artifical so jokes regarding differences can indeed be humourous with no underlining intend
    Materialism should no longer be our religion
    Adequate grammar should be embedded within our children so much so that the correct usage of 'you're' and other contractions becomes the norm and isn't used as bragging rights
    Jail is slavery and prision is for profit
    If you're left-wing you're not right
    Marketisation needs to be entirely abolished
    I hate adverts on TV
    We all claim to be different, yet we're all the same. If we had power we'd abuse it
    We're all hypocrites and whilst we know this to be true, we will do nothing about it - myself included
    Football is definitely more than a game - though I'm not sure this is such a good thing
    I like rap music, but not what's played on the radio or the kids who believe they speak 'real talk'
    I hate the phrase 'real talk'
    I agree with the concept of religion, but not one defining God
    I claim to be morally and socially superior to many others though deep down I know I'm just as much as a **** as the next person
    Once we learn to control our egos, the world will become a much better place
    I'd upvote you but I've used my quota for the day. So I'll just heartily agree

ReputationRep:
    Jennifer Lawrence is overrated

ReputationRep:
    Drinking is horrible
    Studying is enjoyable
    A levels are done too young (my area at least.)
    Dance/pop music is terrible
    Prefer chubby to skinny guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kings0)
    Name:  Badass.png
Views: 246
Size:  131.5 KB
    And onto another of my unpopular opinions - I think people who use those annoying black and white memes should be shot along with people who use the word badass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maroosh)
    I would have to disagree with the islam one because i am a muslim myself. i think it is people's perception of it that for them it seems to be a violent religion. And unfortunately true to quite an extent is the fact that it is actions of some Muslims for which the reputation of islam and other muslims always suffer. But the educated force should realise that some does not account for all
    My Impression of Islam being a violent religion is not just from terrorist actions, its from historical actions of Muslims from a time when the Islamic world was in a different shape and had a different relationship to world around it. Its from versus in Islam's holy books and reaction of other people who are treateated in a way Muslims claim the west treats them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachz)
    You're probably gonna have to expand this a little..?

It might be but that doesn't mean it doesn't hold merit. What's point in splitting the atom without knowing what it means to do so? Science tells you how/why something works but doesn't tell you the meaning behind it.
    I thought philosophy was supposed to make you more open minded?, how can you make such a naive statement about science when leading universities such as Cambridge and Oxford are using it to find out more about the human body and cure life threatening illnesses, likewise the maths and other areas of science are used to explain and connect various things we see everyday. Philosophy is just speculation and critical analysis, it has brought around significant opinionated discussion but has it really introduced new understanding about the world we live in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm better than most people (as a functional person) and frankly, why shouldn't I be allowed to judge them for it?

ReputationRep:
    soap is a mistranslation of 'posa', meaning that all soap using people are show offs and want attention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    And onto another of my unpopular opinions - I think people who use those annoying black and white memes should be shot along with people who use the word badass.
    I can't tell if you're trolling me or not :jebus:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    People who are unemployed for no good reason *(and on benefits) and who don't have a physical disability or young children should have to work in a factory that generates energy by stationary bicycles in order to keep their benefits.
    What about carers or those with a mental / learning disability?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottstacey)
    Legalise drugs
    Privatise the NHS
    I can't stand people who aren't very good at maths
    Lower taxes for the rich
    Bring back death penalty
    Abortion should only happen when the woman was raped or the woman could die
    All Hereditary peers should be returned to House of Lords
    Monarchy should have more power
    Hate smoking ban and hate hunting ban
    Bring back death penalty
    I like Mitt Romney
    Voting should be 21 and over and tied to owning property or land
    I find homosexuality disgusting and immoral
    :rofl: what else do you want to do bring back the tsar?
    Please, explain the benefits of this, i am intrigued

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    What about carers or those with a mental / learning disability?
    I said 'no good reason'. I think a serious mental health problem or being a carer are one of the few good reasons..

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.