Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AlmightyPhil)
    Mr M,

For the perimeter of the region question I got the side BD to be 7.51cm using BD^2 = 7^2 + 16^2 - 2(7x16) x cos(0.8) which gave me 56.433... which hence gave me 7.51, I got the arc length and the side of 9cm correct though. How many marks would I lose?
    Well the working is correct even if your use of the calculator leaves a lot to be desired. Drop 1 mark.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ZachM)
    What was question 4ii)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Given that \int_a^{\infty} 24x^{-3} \, dx=3 find the value of the positive constant a.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Well the working is correct even if your use of the calculator leaves a lot to be desired. Drop 1 mark.

Hi

For question 7 ii

I found the equation of the tangent and integrated, but using the wrong limits! Damnit. I still took the area under the tangent away from the area under the curve. Will I lose much?

ReputationRep:
    For the logs question did you have to use the inequality sign all the way through or could you use =, I only used the inequality sign towards the end

ReputationRep:
    Would you lose any marks in the last question for putting your answer in degrees?

ReputationRep:
    What would 66/72 be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Question 8 i) c) , What if you put 'a' as 1 and not more than 1?

ReputationRep:
    Mr M on 6)ii I did not do the first part showing 1.3^n<something, but I got N=17 how many marks will I loose, also on 8)c)ii) I simplified the logs and subbed in 2/a but didn't get a final answer in the form it asked for it in. Everything else was correct on my paper will I still be able to get a A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey Mr M, thanks for the answers again

How many marks would I lose for leaving the integral question as 1.23? However I had it in exact form just above it?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    For question 7(ii), I found the equation of the tangent and integrated to find the area beneath it (between 4 and 5/3). I got the correct answer, so will this be alright?

ReputationRep:
    Would there be any problem in quoting the angles in the first question to 1dp?

ReputationRep:
    Mr M,

Also for question 9(ii) I did the algebraic division with 2x+1 and got 0 as an end result and then commented that the 0 remainder meant that (2x+1) is a factor of f(x). Would this still be proof of (2x+1) being a factor?

ReputationRep:
    What would you guess is the 100 UMS boundary for this year? Maybe 70/72?

ReputationRep:
    I think the grade boundaries on this exam will be quite low due to it being a hard exam and core 1 on monday being so easy
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by DingDong!)
    Hi

For question 7 ii

I found the equation of the tangent and integrated, but using the wrong limits! Damnit. I still took the area under the tangent away from the area under the curve. Will I lose much?
    drop 2
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Farringtonn)
    For the logs question did you have to use the inequality sign all the way through or could you use =, I only used the inequality sign towards the end
    drop 1 if you are unlucky
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Cowcat)
    Would you lose any marks in the last question for putting your answer in degrees?
    Probably drop only one.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by BOSS MAN MIKE)
    Question 8 i) c) , What if you put 'a' as 1 and not more than 1?
    drop 1 mark
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by GeorgeBarrett1)
    Mr M on 6)ii I did not do the first part showing 1.3^n<something, but I got N=17 how many marks will I loose, also on 8)c)ii) I simplified the logs and subbed in 2/a but didn't get a final answer in the form it asked for it in. Everything else was correct on my paper will I still be able to get a A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    6ii) drop 3

8cii) drop 2
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by joetodd)
    Hey Mr M, thanks for the answers again

How many marks would I lose for leaving the integral question as 1.23? However I had it in exact form just above it?

thanks
    That will be ok if you wrote down the exact form.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.