Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superxo2)
    What are the general grade boundaries for S1?
    jan 13 was 57/72 for an A
    june 12 was 54/72 for an A
    jan 12 was 57/72 for an A..

ReputationRep:
    How were you supposed to go about the question asking for an estimate of the probablity of a male child being heavier than a female child in a random sample of 2 or something? Had absolutely no idea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kcash)
    What did everyone get for the hypothesis question?
    do not reject the null hypothesis i think i put

ReputationRep:
    I've got a feeling I did the hypothesis testing one wrong can anyone remember if it said 13 out of the 20? I think it did, if it did I did it wrong cause I worked out 1-P(X<13) should have done 12, if it said 13 in the question anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gadget)
    I've got a feeling I did the hypothesis testing one wrong can anyone remember if it said 13 out of the 20? I think it did, if it did I did it wrong cause I worked out 1-P(X<13) should have done 12, if it said 13 in the question anyway?
    I think it did say 13 out of the 20, I did 1-P(X<12) but i'm not sure whether that's right

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats what I though , yeah what you did is right. It so annoying that I realised when i got out the exam! Oh well I got the same answer so should get method marks

ReputationRep:
    I liked that paper! I rejected the null hypothesis as I got like 0.13 or something which was bigger than 0.05

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_maths)
    yh it was 0.0056.. something around that
    0.0056245 I think and then round to 3sf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tumblrgirl)
    I think it did say 13 out of the 20, I did 1-P(X<12) but i'm not sure whether that's right
    Yeah that's right I think, I did the same. Did all the question and correct final explanation but I remember I but down reject h0 instead of h1. Do you think I'll still get at least 4/5 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWillow)
    I liked that paper! I rejected the null hypothesis as I got like 0.13 or something which was bigger than 0.05
    I accepted the null hypothesis!
    Why is everyone rejecting it?!
    I'm confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marviiada)
    Yeah that's right I think, I did the same. Did all the question and correct final explanation but I remember I but down reject h0 instead of h1. Do you think I'll still get at least 4/5 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you probably should get 4/5 because you did everything else right

ReputationRep:
    I got 0.12 something :'/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrightster29)
    How were you supposed to go about the question asking for an estimate of the probablity of a male child being heavier than a female child in a random sample of 2 or something? Had absolutely no idea...
    I think it was because there were 9/200 that had a weight heavier than the highest females weight, so 9/200 * 8/199 as you needed to pick two

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_maths)
    REJECT AlTERNATE
    At least someone got the same as me!

Everyone is saying the opposite

I don't understand why though because 15 was the critical value was it not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gadget)
    yeah thats what I though , yeah what you did is right. It so annoying that I realised when i got out the exam! Oh well I got the same answer so should get method marks
    I did this also, and got 1=0.8684 & got 0.1316, so I rejected the null hypothesis as 0.1316 > 0.05
    Is that wrong

ReputationRep:
    I did this also, and got 1=0.8684 & got 0.1316, so I rejected the null hypothesis as 0.1316 > 0.05
    Is that wrong
    Personally I put accept null hypothesis as the critical value was 15 and so 13 did not lie in the critical region.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is Null hypothesis Ho or H1?
    As I rejected H1, and accepted H0, her original idea that people were guessing

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get confused by what the last part of the last question wanted? correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it said
    "If *** hits the bulls eye in her first three throws she will not take her remaining 3 throws, but if not she will take all six throws"
    I took that to mean she only doesn't take the last 3 throws if she hits bulls eyes in all of her first three throws?
    I might be wrong, but that question seemed to be worded really ambiguously? Might they give me some marks since I got the maths right, just didn't understand what they wanted.

ReputationRep:
    Is Null hypothesis Ho or H1?
    As I rejected H1, and accepted H0, her original idea that people were guessing
    opposite to what u put

ReputationRep:
    for the hypothesis testing: as 13/20 guessed correctly

P(X≥13) = 1-P(X≤12) =0.13.. (something)

0.13>sig level

so accept null hypothesis

should be like that^ :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.