Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official WJEC English Literature GCSE Exams - 20th and 23rd May watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I loved the how far do you agree

After doing 32 mark essays for history about "to what extent..." I.think I answered it fairly well
    The thing is, I love doing questions like that for History, RE, etc, but I guess it just threw me because I wasn't expecting one for English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I did it. I bloody despise Piggy. The extract was easy I thought.
    I knew I wasn't the only one! I talked about the deaths of Piggy and Simon and moved on to the big allegory of the novel. I mainly focused on that weird realisation when you realise that our world is as bad as the island.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDwarf)
    I did the actor one and actually found it pretty good.

Just mention what Alferi does and feels, etc; feels that you should settle for half. Then just add, the actor should demonstrate that Alferi feels that charcters should settle for half to prevent suffering etc. I thought it wasnt too bad, I had more to say on Alferi then the B and Eddie anyway
    Yeah I done the Alfieri one aswell I found it so much easier as you can say that he was a chorus,a bridge, the theme of justice and also relate him to a Greek play or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    I knew I wasn't the only one! I talked about the deaths of Piggy and Simon and moved on to the big allegory of the novel. I mainly focused on that weird realisation when you realise that our world is as bad as the island.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much the same as I did and I just shoved a load of historical context in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by merlynct)
    Yeah didn't have too much to say on the about a boy extract, but had too much to say for the inspector calls extract, I opted for the Inspecter Goole question and the marcus empathy, don't know how it went, if I had known the themes of about a boy bettter i would definitely have done the friendship essay, but was left with no choice really.
    Fair enough

Inspector calls extract I cut down all into a page!

Aah, that sucks! I didn't know anything so sid the themes
    (Original post by AbathaZoe)
    The thing is, I love doing questions like that for History, RE, etc, but I guess it just threw me because I wasn't expecting one for English.
    I improvised with it I couldn't expect anything anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilialucy)
    The Piggy question was a dream!
    Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like the extract question on the LoTF bit though, they could of got a better page for jack because he has mic more interesting pages in that novel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JF2013)
    Yeah I done the Alfieri one aswell I found it so much easier as you can say that he was a chorus,a bridge, the theme of justice and also relate him to a Greek play or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed! I mentioned;

* How the actor needs to show that he is both respected and feared by the Italian community
    * How he understands Eddie but has to inform him that the law is not intrsted
    * That he understands the limits of the law ("only god makes justice") and that sometimes the law needs to be broken to uphold justice.
    * That he knows there's other times of justice eg natural justice
    * He allows the charcters to develop, displaying Eddie to be a regular guy, so it makes it more dramatic later on.
    * How its better to settle for half rather then achieve full vindication

Sound about right? Think I wrote a bit more, but I cant remember it all!
    * How he knows that its better to settle for half

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=user4600;42774059]How much percentage wise was A View from the Bridge and A christmas Carol worth?
    Thanks

Overall it was 40% of English literature!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlendon)
    Did anyone do never let me go ?
    I did! Quite happy with the extract question as it's one of my favourite parts of the book and I did the Tommy question. Overall reasonably nice questions, not the best I've ever written but think it was alright. What did you think?

ReputationRep:
    20% each.

Whole thing is out of 68 (unit 2b)

AVFTB: 34 marks
    ACC: 34 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cannonball.)
    20% each.

Whole thing is out of 68 (unit 2b)

AVFTB: 34 marks
    ACC: 34 marks
    Thanks! So;
    A view from the bridge 20%
    A christmas carol 20%
    Richard III 25%
    Of mice and men 15%

Whats the other 20%?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone do for the Inspector question? I talked about how he's authoritative, controlling and manipulating, referred to being Priestley's mouthpiece-linked with social responsibility ect. And for About A Boy friendship question I did about a page on friendship, a page on mental health and half on loneliness (small hand writing) how did everyone find it??

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1:

OMAM: 30/50 marks and this is 35%, so OMAM is 21%

Poetry: 14%

20% AVFTB

20% poetry

That makes it 75%

25% coursework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Pretty much the same as I did and I just shoved a load of historical context in there.
    I basically just talked about:
    1) him being an outcast (assmar/fatty/dialetc)
    2) no one listens to him
    3) about him being the pig (sow)
    4) his death - significance
    5) conclusion - manly talked about the different ideologies, put in a bit about the war and the fact that the strong oppress and overpower the weak,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pain room)
    I did! Quite happy with the extract question as it's one of my favourite parts of the book and I did the Tommy question. Overall reasonably nice questions, not the best I've ever written but think it was alright. What did you think?
    I loved the extract ! So happy a mood and atmosphere came up gave me about ten extra minutes for the 20 marker ! I did the friendship question , mine seemed to be jumping everywhere ! Not the best but probably be fine if I get full marks on the extract.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so far in English Lit I have:
    36/40 - 25% Richard III
    26/30 - 21% Of mice and men
    38/50 - 14% Exam poetry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ there all A's
    Think exam yesterday could of gone better but I have 100/120 so far..
    Does anyone know rough grade boundaries of Wjec?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilialucy)
    I basically just talked about:
    1) him being an outcast (assmar/fatty/dialetc)
    2) no one listens to him
    3) about him being the pig (sow)
    4) his death - significance
    5) conclusion - manly talked about the different ideologies, put in a bit about the war and the fact that the strong oppress and overpower the weak,
    We were talking about the "terrifying" question not Piggy

ReputationRep:
    This may be a silly question but how many pages was the booklet again? As it said at the front but I've forgotten. Insignificant but was wondering as I had to go onto my second booklet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.