Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eimmas)
    I'm in the exact same frame of mind - I've read a little bit to try and job my memory but I'm just being incredibly hopeful that everything starts to return to me when we begin the course!

I haven't heard anything back about accommodation yet either... Hopefully it'll be soon because I have to book the boat to get across for moving in, so I need to know which day I move in. Some people seem to have already heard back...
    I haven't heard anyone with replies from furness so they probably haven't sent theirs out yet. I'm hoping we'll get to know next week sometime.

Where are you coming from? I'm from Leeds

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orthrus)
    That's a lucky, plus it must be nice to have your boyfriend at the uni as well! Is he in county as well, 'cause that would make it all too perfect :lol: Oh god, i walked the perimeter with my mam, i'll just stick the gps on my phone if i really do get lost in a months time!
    Yeah haha its so much less stressful than having to figure out who'll visit who when etc etc :') No, he's in furness actually! But I didnt want to be in the same college, would be too weird if I had the same accommodation block as him, plus I just really took a liking to County! Hahah I'm sure you won't actually get properly lost, there are bits of campus that are like a rabbit warren but all the lecture theatres seem to be pretty easy to find thank god! Anyway, all the other freshers will be in the same boat just have to leave extra time to find your way about! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw95)
    I haven't heard anyone with replies from furness so they probably haven't sent theirs out yet. I'm hoping we'll get to know next week sometime.

Where are you coming from? I'm from Leeds

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm on my way from the Isle of Man, so it's about a 4 hour boat journey and then another half hour/hour's drive through to the uni from Heysham.

Do you have Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my way from the Isle of Man, so it's about a 4 hour boat journey and then another half hour/hour's drive through to the uni from Heysham.

Do you have Facebook?
    You must be the first Manx person I have ever seen on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmehayleyy)
    I'm not sure, but I think it is joint honours, yes. And I think I still have another minor to pick, but honestly I'm so overwhelmed Lancaster has been a mad rush through adjustment so everything is still a bit unfamiliar and I haven't had the chance to properly get everything through my head about the course and stuff.
    And haha, god you have to take so much how even do you manage :') duvets, pillows, pots and pans.. plus suitcases of clothes I'd imagine :')
    I'm going to look around Lancaster itself tomorrow to try and get my bearings, very excited
    You don't have to pick your minor until freshers week so you have plenty of time to think about it Where were you originally meant to be going before adjustment? I've wanted to go to Lancaster since I first went on an open day last year, hope you enjoyed your day of looking around

This is quite a useful guide to freshers, it tells you about some of the events that are happening and which of those are essential (it doesn't include the more social stuff but there'll be plenty of that!) I think it tells you what sort of stuff you need to take as well

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/sbs/fresh/freshersguide2013.pdf

Haha tell me about it! Clothes, stationary, bedding, cutlery, there's so much to take and a limited space to put it in! I think I'm going to need some more suitcases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    You must be the first Manx person I have ever seen on the internet.
    Haha, there are a few scattered around here on TSR!

ReputationRep:

Do you have Facebook?
    Yeah, I've sent you a link

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahS95)
    Yeah haha its so much less stressful than having to figure out who'll visit who when etc etc :') No, he's in furness actually! But I didnt want to be in the same college, would be too weird if I had the same accommodation block as him, plus I just really took a liking to County! Hahah I'm sure you won't actually get properly lost, there are bits of campus that are like a rabbit warren but all the lecture theatres seem to be pretty easy to find thank god! Anyway, all the other freshers will be in the same boat just have to leave extra time to find your way about! haha
    Haha, yeah i guess i see how it might be a bit weird to have been in the same college and everything, but still how handy to be at the same uni Ahh, i'll be fine! I think i've watched enough bear grylls to find my way around a Uni campus - haha, these are some famous last words, if i've ever heard any :L Oh and there's freshers to look forward to too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreadpiraterach)
    You don't have to pick your minor until freshers week so you have plenty of time to think about it Where were you originally meant to be going before adjustment? I've wanted to go to Lancaster since I first went on an open day last year, hope you enjoyed your day of looking around

This is quite a useful guide to freshers, it tells you about some of the events that are happening and which of those are essential (it doesn't include the more social stuff but there'll be plenty of that!) I think it tells you what sort of stuff you need to take as well

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/sbs/fresh/freshersguide2013.pdf

Haha tell me about it! Clothes, stationary, bedding, cutlery, there's so much to take and a limited space to put it in! I think I'm going to need some more suitcases
    i have that website favourited! and many others, pretty religiously went round saving all the useful stuff! and york st john! (oooh i know lancaster-york) :L which was what i was set on. then i did well. now i'm going to lancaster WHICH looks brilliant, i mean i didn't go inside the buildings or anything, but drove around the campus, and then into lancaster which seems lovely! i'm sure i'll get my bearings soon.
    i looked at Lancaster ages ago (i've been looking for unis since like year 10!) but obviously when i saw it was AAB (i think) i chucked the prospectus in the bin! who knew! haha. proper mental. where abouts are you coming from? it's a 2 hour drive or the train for me, not sure what i'm doing yet! haha

ReputationRep:
    Its abit late but I cant wait to go to Lancaster!!!

Course: History & Politics
    Offer: AAA
    Results: A*AAB
    College: County College Townhouse (Got my accommodation offer!)

ReputationRep:
    If you are eligible they will be given to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks pal!

ReputationRep:
    What colleges are best to apply for guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasind95)
    What colleges are best to apply for guys?
    Everyone will tell you their college is best. Its personal preference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw95)
    Yeah, I've sent you a link

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Added you! Have you had your accommodation offer? I got mine this morning for Furness!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone will tell you their college is best. Its personal preference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair point!

ReputationRep:
    When are sports team tryouts?

ReputationRep:

Do you have Facebook?
    Hey!

Im from the Isle of Man too! I was at RGS, where were you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LBraley)
    Hey!

Im from the Isle of Man too! I was at RGS, where were you?
    Awesome! I was at Ballakermeen. What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazzles94)
    I did ICT, Maths and English Language alevels I am looking forward to it! You?
    Nice one, bet the Maths A-Level was difficult to do. I am looking forward to it, still waiting for my accommodation offer though which I hope comes in soon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.