Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it just me or are the AS marks really harsh this year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imjustrach)
    Yes, thank you!

I was predicted AABB and I got CCCD and I literally have no idea how, I really wouldn't care if I hadn't tried but I worked my a--- off for those exams! So not only am I doomed to retake English, I also have to change Uni plans because I 'probably won't' get an A to get in anywhere.

:bricks::mob::rant:

I know what you mean I have to retake english I mean no please why I thought I did so good, English was my thing, I didn't even see this coming :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me the total possible marks for WJEC AS English Lit for both the exam and coursework please ?

ReputationRep:
    What grades are the people being kicked out getting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviate)
    Equally annoyed at OCR like most on here. 84 UMS for english literature (Just on a B), yet I know for a fact it went so much better. Coursework included. >_> AQA really ****ed up too and definitely getting politics unit 1 +2 remarked and history! Got a D in the paper I know I did way better in and got a C in the one that went t*t's up! Overall, BDD. Gutted.
    What did you get in Politics 1 and 2?

(Original post by Robbie242)
    S1 anyone?
    Econ F582 anyone?
    S1 got an A omg! But one mark of an A overall so remarks for maths here I come!

(Original post by livinglife123)
    That's pretty good, I liked both my papers and ended up writing tons for the British one, I got 50/100, which doesn't make sense to me at all, so I'm getting it remarked. :confused:
    For the European one, I did Italian Unification, got 67/100 - 3 marks off a B, so getting that remarked too. If worst comes to worst, I might resit the Brit one, since I want to do History at Uni.
    Yeah I did the Italian unification one as well, hard paper I thought for sure. Loads of people at my school got similar marks to you tbh. Don't worry about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedaK)
    exactly! You have to basically memories the keywords. Don't even know how that shows my understanding in the subject. You take salters by any chance?
    No i took OCR A Chemistry, although its odd we're doing OCR anyhow, since i'm from Wales and all my other subjects are WJEC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I like school)
    What did you get in Politics 1 and 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (AQA)
    GOV1 - 40
    GOV2 - 39
    What did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    No i took OCR A Chemistry, although its odd we're doing OCR anyhow, since i'm from Wales and all my other subjects are WJEC.
    Hahaha!:hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CuriousQuestioner)
    I know what you mean I have to retake english I mean no please why I thought I did so good, English was my thing, I didn't even see this coming :eek:
    Same! English was my best subject, I wanted to study it at Uni for a reason. I was getting A/Bs in all my mocks (I did lang/lit combined) and I ended up with a D and a C in my modules.... 2 marks off a C! So I'm just going to retake the lit module I got a D in but it's still money I don't have. (My college won't pay for resits/remarks :/)

But a lot of people haven't had good marks of AQA, I just feel a bit cheated really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviate)
    Equally annoyed at OCR like most on here. 84 UMS for english literature (Just on a B), yet I know for a fact it went so much better. Coursework included. >_> AQA really ****ed up too and definitely getting politics unit 1 +2 remarked and history! Got a D in the paper I know I did way better in and got a C in the one that went t*t's up! Overall, BDD. Gutted.

That is so damn weird, 84 UMS here too.

WTF, I was hoping more for 100..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Looks like im retaking C1 and C2 next year >.>

Welcome aboard

ReputationRep:
    why are one and two marks seperating us if feels like i know nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Worms)
    OCR
    fellow OCR Historian here did you do the Russian 1891-1941 Autocracy to Communism exam by chance ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Frieza)
    That is so damn weird, 84 UMS here too.

WTF, I was hoping more for 100..
    Oh man, so was I! I am very gutted. I fancy getting it remarked...keeping in mind this is OCR >_>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turnip storm)
    Since its one UMS, it could be worth it to achieve that higher grade. But on the other hand, it is 'only' your AS (so its not like you'e got an offer dependent on a grade ) and 1 UMS does little really for your overall A Level grade, so it may be a waste of money.
    But that's just my opinion
    but in a years time what if that one mark makes the difference between her meeting her offer or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justkiddingmace)
    Yeah we did OCR too! Our teacher told us that we needed to get B/A in our coursework because hardly anyone passes the exam (which was a massive confidence boost :| ) but hey-ho he was right! Yeah, ICT is something of a chore to me now, really did not enjoy last year, I think it was because it was boardering on Business Studies rather than the ICT I presumed it would be. :/
    I know how you feel. The coursework alone is a complete joke, ICT students really don't get enough credit for the amount of tedious work they have to do just to scrape a good grade. My coursework was over 100 pages :|.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone could give me some advice i would really appreciate it; i want to do Japanese at uni which would mean that i need a B at a language at A2 however i got a C in my latin AS (was hoping for a B) and don't feel like that could go up to a B for A2 as i struggled enough at AS. So basically i have to change my plans for uni now, the grades i got in classical civilisation, history and english lit are AAB which i'm happy with as my english is close to an A so i could pull it up during A2. Does anyone know what to do now in terms of choosing a subject for uni? could i still go for Japanese? basically what the hell do i even start thinking about now? i'm so confused about what i want to do and have no idea for any future plans any more...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    but in a years time what if that one mark makes the difference between her meeting her offer or not?
    That's the difference between AS and A2; 1 mark at AS means little and i would obviously pay for a remark for A2. I just would not pay that money just to move up a grade at AS when it means little

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahcee)
    I know how you feel. The coursework alone is a complete joke, ICT students really don't get enough credit for the amount of tedious work they have to do just to scrape a good grade. My coursework was over 100 pages :|.
    I did 100+ pages as well in each unit and was going for a B in my coursework just to get about 6 marks deducted in one of my units after spending 6 hours doing improvements (with 1 week until the deadline), and then I just had to try and get a reasonably good C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IShootLikeAGirl)
    If anyone could give me some advice i would really appreciate it; i want to do Japanese at uni which would mean that i need a B at a language at A2 however i got a C in my latin AS (was hoping for a B) and don't feel like that could go up to a B for A2 as i struggled enough at AS. So basically i have to change my plans for uni now, the grades i got in classical civilisation, history and english lit are AAB which i'm happy with as my english is close to an A so i could pull it up during A2. Does anyone know what to do now in terms of choosing a subject for uni? could i still go for Japanese? basically what the hell do i even start thinking about now? i'm so confused about what i want to do and have no idea for any future plans any more...
    wait, so you want to do japanese at uni but have no previous experience/background in it? Isnt knowing some japanese a prerequiste?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turnip storm)
    That's the difference between AS and A2; 1 mark at AS means little and i would obviously pay for a remark for A2. I just would not pay that money just to move up a grade at AS when it means little
    true. I'm not a fan of resits either; prefer getting the job done right first time. Out of all my gcses and alevels i only resat one module, which was AS physics practical

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.