Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know they only specify a minimum requirement, but is anyone aware how much they look at GCSEs?
    I have 2A* 5A 1B 3C. My GCSEs tend to be the weakest point of my application.

UKCAT: 710 Band 1
    AS: 4A (Maths,Bio,Chem,Drama)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megamanshah)
    What would be the cut off? Most people have been getting high UCKAT scores which I what I'm worried about, I thought my score was really good but there are so many people with higher scores than me
    Not sure, sorry. It's hard to say without seeing what the rest of the UK's scores are. I know a lot of people on here are over 700 but I also know a lot of people who have got in the low 600s, so it may even out to a 650ish average?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.
    I'm an Irish applicant, I've got 8As and 3Bs at JC(GCSE equivalent) and 6a1, 2a2 at LC( A2 equivalent) along with a 742.5 UKCAT.
    Just wondering what my chances of an offer are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d bizzle)
    Hey I am deciding my choices and considering kings I have 10 a*s at gcse and 675 in the ukcat. Any hope??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know someone who got in last year with a slightly lower UKCAT, and 6A*s

ReputationRep:
    Hey folks I'm pretty sure I'm applying here My stats are 7A*s at GCSE and 800 avg UKCAT.
    Still haven't finalised my personal statement though

ReputationRep:
    I got 8A*s 5As and a B at GCSE and 4As at AS. I'm predicted A*AA.. UKCAT 717.5
    Would King's College be a good choice with these grades?
    Also, regarding the course, what type is it? And what's the interview like? Also, what's the applicant per place ratio like?
    One last question.. what do they put a lot of weighting on when they look at applications?
    Sorry for all these questions.. It's just, I have a week ish left to apply, and I only know 2 of my choices, which are Imperial and Southampton..
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walkers38)
    You're in a very good position to be accepted by KCL because they focus on UKCAT, and yours is brilliant. However, your GCSE looks a bit poor compared to KCL standard. I'd suggest give it a go.
    Thanks. Applied for KCL.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I am a reapplicant for medicine as I recieved 4 pre interview rejections last year. I am just wondering if it is worth applying to kings this year or should I just forget it? What are my chances of at least gaining an interview? I know it's probably the most competitive and that's by I'm wary but it's also my dream to study there. My stats are

IGCSEs: 4A* 2As 3Bs ( And no I am not an international student 😊 )

A-Levels: AAAC

UKCAT: 723 Band 1

Any help is greatly appreciated and all your opinions are highly valued. Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE

[SIZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibbyb94)
    x
    I don't know if this is quoting...

I read on the UCAS course search for King's, "AAAb Typical offer", if the little b means at least a B in your 4th AS, then you'd be at a disadvantage with your C. But I would email or ring them to double check because maybe it applies to people taking 4A2s? I'm not sure. But check!

ReputationRep:
    shall I apply with

GCSE- 7A*, 5A
    AS- AAAA
    A2- A*AAB

UKCAT- 707.5/band 1

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am in year 12, looking to apply to King's for medicine next year.

I want to do Chemistry Biology Religious Studies and Sociology.

Will this be viable for me?

ReputationRep:
    I would love to go to Kings. Do I have a good chance, or is it not worth applying?
    I have 5 A*'s 6 A's GCSE
    AABB AS (bio, psychology, chem, maths respectively)
    A*A*A
    702.5 UKCAT
    Band 2

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi fellow applicants!
    Please there are a couple of findings i'd like to make concerning the PS:
    - Can personal experiences that show your interest for medicine be included?
    -I understand that you should be able to show empathy for non-relatives, does showing empathy for a patient you eventually got close to fall under the umbrella for relatives?
    -Can you give quotes? e.g perhaps from a mentor
    I would really appreciate your comments/help...
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I just got my confirmation email from Kings 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yolo_kevin)
    I just got my confirmation email from Kings 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    I got my confirmation email last night, sent my app off 3 days ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KanKan)
    When did you apply?
    Monday evening

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SusieShire)
    I got my confirmation email last night, sent my app off 3 days ago.
    whats a confirmation email? :OOOOOO

FOR THE UNI or UCAS? haha

ReputationRep:
    Just had my email from kings, that's all four now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.