Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dentistry Graduate Entry 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    it will be hard juggling this with assignments though :/

ReputationRep:
    It will be hard juggling this with work 8 to 8 :s

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone shed some light on the multi cellular organisms self recognition topic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FingerBang)
    Could anyone shed some light on the multi cellular organisms self recognition topic?

I assume its about the body's mechanism to destroy the B cells that produce and secrete antibodies which are specific to our own cells. So those lymphocytes undergo apoptosis early on, and thus avoid an autoimmune attack. I'm not sure though. Im not even taking that test.

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter from Aberdeen today saying they received my application. I initially though it was an interview invitation Got so happy lol By the time i opened the letter i was worrying about train tickets ha!:rolleyes: I have my hopes high

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get invited to uclan entrance exam? do we automatically get an interview if we pass it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi aj_student. I have applied for PG dentistry at UCLan too, from what the letter and email says it sounds as though if you pass the exam you get an interview. I'm really stressed about this exam, have no idea how much detail we are supposed to know the stuff in :\. has anyone else heard back from other universities? i'm new to the student room as well

ReputationRep:
    Try not to get stressed out I'm sure it's not as bad as we all think. It's multiple choice so I'm sure it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i agree with JPatel, i dont think it will be that bad, we have our degrees to rely on for this so it should be pretty simple stuff from our 1st year and if that fails, make an educated guess as its not negatively marked!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else heard back from other universities? I've applied to UCLan and Kings for PG, Manchester and Cardiff for UG.. but only heard back from UCLan so far :\

ReputationRep:
    just uclan atm for me too

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply for Graduate entry Dentistry at Kings, but i don't no wheather they look at your GCSE's and A-levels plz can someone help me,
    can anyone give some tips on what they look out for in candidates

thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Im sure they look at everything including your degree and ukcat score, however each factor may have a different weighting and they may see your degree more important than gcse's. I think it depends on each application and number of applicants. the best thing to do is probably email them!

ReputationRep:
    Found out some info about the uclan entrance exam. It's not true and false questions like last year, instead it's choosing from a-d. And there are a variety of really easy and some difficult questions on each topic!
    good luck guys!!

ReputationRep:
    Did previous years explain how hard/easy the test is? Im going through my degree notes but im thinking how hard will this test actually be?

ReputationRep:
    How in depth is everyone going in terms of anatomy. Are u just going over it briefly or very specific to cranial bones& nerves. Its too much

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you need to go in too much detail, not everyone applying has done the same degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well just to let u know. I have no knowledge of cranial bones and nerves. And the learning topics don't state it either.

ReputationRep:
    whats everyone wearing 2moro...casual clothes?

ReputationRep:
    Lol yep, it's not an interview so I doubt you need to come smart.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.