Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by still winning)
    No doubt the later the better as there are loads of people on these forums that won't be able to keep there mouth shut. I experienced that with Manchester interviews.
    Leeds is different though, I doubt anyone would say anything bcos the stations are the same

ReputationRep:
    Watch this space. In this world you always get the big mouths all we need to do is sit tight and keep following these forums.

ReputationRep:
    I'm freaking out, you guys mean people with no decision on ucas track are very likely to get a rejection? cause I have not received any decision from 3 of my choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeidj)
    I'm freaking out, you guys mean people with no decision on ucas track are very likely to get a rejection? cause I have not received any decision from 3 of my choices.
    This is only true for Leeds, but they said you'd know by Thursday (yesterday). If you haven't heard from Leeds yet then ring them up, as you should've heard by now. But every uni is different, and depending on where you applied they reply to you at different times. Eg Sheffield won't tell you anything until January as they don't interview until March. It really depends on where you applied - just cause you haven't heard back doesn't mean it's a rejection, it may just be that the uni replies later than others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amb1tion)
    I've had a look at the MMI handbook which someone kindly sent to me, and I think there's sufficient information in there (more than sufficient actually) with regards to what to expect.

We didn't get any information at all about what the stations would be about, all we got was a letter stating the time and date and another piece of paper saying we had to prepare for the ''Why me? Why dentistry?'' presentation.

Just go over the following:
    - ethics
    - GDC guidelines
    - preventing dental disease
    - look for a couple of research papers and practice analysing data
    - go over what fluoride is and its use in dentistry

None of the acting stations will surprise you, it's stuff which you will have seen whilst shadowing a dentist.

But yes, the MMI handbook is actually quite detailed. When we had our interviews last year, we only found out what to expect 10 minutes before going into the room.

Good luck.
    Hi, i am going for the leeds interview and dont know what to expect especially at station 8: communication of complex information. And do you know where I can get this MMI handbook?

ReputationRep:
    what questions were you asked last year?

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant answer bud.

ReputationRep:
    You've done more than your bit. These lot want it on a plate.

ReputationRep:
    So excited to use the MOOGS again at Leeds they were sooooo much fun

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what sort of questions we are going to get in the social awareness station? :/

ReputationRep:
    Guys we are all against each other

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an interview on the 17th in the afternoon. That's when mine is It would be nice to know someone who'll also be there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can feel the tension building on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by still winning)
    You can feel the tension building on this thread.
    Nah not really!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AHHH 2 days NERVY

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing their interview on the 17th in the morning want to be my friend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnishaJayne)
    AHHH 2 days NERVY

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tell me about it!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ah mine's in the afternoon but good luck though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just a general question who here's taken a gap year and got an interview??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by professorsully)
    Just a general question who here's taken a gap year and got an interview??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 9, 2014

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.