The Student Room Group

Who do you think should win the Balon D'or this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
:biggrin:

Made me do a lol.

Had to share it :ahee:
Why do you keep going on about trophies? Call it Trophy'dor. Ballon D'or is given for the best individual performance in a calendar year, and that's ronaldo. Not to mention he gets a harder group for WC compared to ribery and messi...
Ronaldo deserve to win, without a shadow of a doubt.

This season, he's just been the best.
Original post by Pistol 33
Not to mention he gets a harder group for WC compared to ribery and messi...

Just. What?

:lol:
Not to mention he gets a harder group for WC compared to ribery and messi...

True, and he won't be able to do **** all about it. I doubt Portugal will even get through.
Why do you keep going on about trophies? Call it Trophy'dor. Ballon D'or is given for the best individual performance in a calendar year, and that's ronaldo. Not to mention he gets a harder group for WC compared to ribery and messi...

That affects squat :rofl:

Clutching at straws now.
Original post by Litterbug
Probably because its true?

Which bit is anything approaching 'true'? Messi has proved that any aspersions cast on his 'completeness' as a player are both incorrect and unfair.
Ronaldo should win, but Messi will.

It doesn't matter what Ronaldo does. He will not beat Messi in a popularity contest.
Original post by Jordooooom
True, and he won't be able to do **** all about it. I doubt Portugal will even get through.

I remember people saying the same about Ronaldo in Euro 2012. Germany, Denmark and Holland...

He can carry Portugal through USA/Ghana I think. Germany is an impossible task though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Manchester United
I remember people saying the same about Ronaldo in Euro 2012. Germany, Denmark and Holland...

He can carry Portugal through USA/Ghana I think. Germany is an impossible task though.

Too be fair he was pretty atrocious in the Euro's he had 2 good performances one of them against an absolutely abysmal Holland squad. People acted like he was stunning throughout the tournament :lol:
Original post by Malevolent
Too be fair he was pretty atrocious in the Euro's he had 2 good performances one of them against an absolutely abysmal Holland squad. People acted like he was stunning throughout the tournament :lol:

By his standards he was bad, but he did finish joint top goalscorer in a bad team.

The Germany match was actually really close, I think I remember him hitting the post/bar (maybe more than once). He didn't play good against Denmark. :/ He smashed Holland and Czech. Then they got Spain... He was starved of chances in that match. I think he had one at the end and completely wasted it. Then there was the whole penalty situation...

Overall, he had a bad tournament by his standards. But he did finish join top scorer.

It's a shame Portugal are so bad and they have such a tough route.

That said, I think Portugal play better against bigger teams. When they play Israel etc, they don't take it seriously I think. However, when they're playing Holland etc, they know the world is watching so they perform.

But yes, it would be a great achievement for Portugal to reach the QF.
By his standards he was bad, but he did finish joint top goalscorer in a bad team.

The Germany match was actually really close, I think I remember him hitting the post/bar (maybe more than once). He didn't play good against Denmark. :/ He smashed Holland and Czech. Then they got Spain... He was starved of chances in that match. I think he had one at the end and completely wasted it. Then there was the whole penalty situation...

Overall, he had a bad tournament by his standards. But he did finish join top scorer.

It's a shame Portugal are so bad and they have such a tough route.

That said, I think Portugal play better against bigger teams. When they play Israel etc, they don't take it seriously I think. However, when they're playing Holland etc, they know the world is watching so they perform.

But yes, it would be a great achievement for Portugal to reach the QF.

TORRES IS THE MAN TOP SCORER SAY WHAT? made me 225 pounds betting on Torres.

Yeah its odd how they really struggle against smaller teams but when a big game comes up they elevate their play. No doubt if they qualify there will be the standard Iberian derby :lol:
TORRES IS THE MAN TOP SCORER SAY WHAT? made me 225 pounds betting on Torres.
Yeah its odd how they really struggle against smaller teams but when a big game comes up they elevate their play. No doubt if they qualify there will be the standard Iberian derby :lol:

Do you know what's happening with Diego Costa? Will he be playing for Spain or Brazil?
Do you know what's happening with Diego Costa? Will he be playing for Spain or Brazil?

He chose Spain.
Original post by KingMessi
Which bit is anything approaching 'true'? Messi has proved that any aspersions cast on his 'completeness' as a player are both incorrect and unfair.

I beg to differ, he has done nothing to quash those statements else they would have been retracted long ago.
Original post by Litterbug
I beg to differ, he has done nothing to quash those statements else they would have been retracted long ago.

Not by those who are wantonly intransigent. Messi's isn't the first astonishingly gifted sportsman to have his ability and legacy undermined by the stubbornly myopic, and he certainly won't be the last. He may not be able to do certain things quite as well as other players, but that doesn't in any way imply a total inability to do them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The wait is nearly coming to an end :biggrin:. Im predicting Ronaldo to win 2013 Balon D'or but wouldn't be surprised if Ribery scooped it.
Ribery should be the winner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ribery should be the winner.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why?
Original post by baconbutty
Why?

Because the award isn't just the last 2 months : lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest