14.48%
I'm not going to vote (33)
11.11%
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wont be voting since I'll still be doing my service till September 2015 but if I was there Id be voting conservative.
Octopus_Garden
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
To be fair, Lord Rannoch was a poor leader of UKIP. Nigel Farage :heart: has probably updated and got rid of the more stupid policies by 2015 manifesto. I have no problem with voting for them in the Euro elections. Who is that Ipswich website by anyway, it is an impartial source?
Sending UKIP to europe is a waste of money. You'd be better off voting for no-one.

Farage and pals pocket the money and don't bother to represent you. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-party-1936913

Which site are you querying?
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Octopus_Garden)
Sending UKIP to europe is a waste of money. You'd be better off voting for no-one.

Farage and pals pocket the money and don't bother to represent you. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-party-1936913

Which site are you querying?
That Ipswich one you linked to.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by und3niable_)
Who the **** with any common sense would vote for UKIP? Past UK independence, they have no quality policies which would hold our country down for five years. Also, all the closet racists and bigots seem to support them.

There should be a greens option..I'm voting for greens or lib dems. Depends on which way my political affiliation turns in the next two years.
The last person to publicly call them racist never did so again....
The Greens, yes, who have nothing to say on the deficit.
HarryJames
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You mean, the very consensus which darling Nigel rejects?
I think you'll find he disagrees with 'global warming' which usually refers to man made climate change. There's no dispute the climate is warming but there's still holes in the evidence to say it's man made so examining it is not at all stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Octopus_Garden
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That Ipswich one you linked to.
Wow, at this rate, I'll be all out of sarcasm by dinnertime. For the love of deities, if I wasn't sure the first time which one you meant, why would saying Ipswich one a second time be more helpful. "The one about homeopathy" or the "one in the middle paragraph" would work. It would have been far more honest just to say, "they're you links, look at them yourself and work it out"! It's obviously what you meant.

But anyway, if you have an opposition to people in Ipswich quoting UKIP's pronouncements, here's Fruit Cake Watch. http://fruitcakewatch.wordpress.com/...ed-homeopathy/
(Original post by HarryJames)
I think you'll find he disagrees with 'global warming' which usually refers to man made climate change. There's no dispute the climate is warming but there's still holes in the evidence to say it's man made so examining it is not at all stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually, he denies that there is global warming. He doesn't just deny anthropogenic climate change. He denies that there has been change. It's all a long natural cycle, apparently. I would call that denying change.

Most bizarrely, the energy policy document includes a section dedicated to unadulterated denial of the science of climate change, stating that "the slight warming in the last hundred years is entirely consistent with well-established, long-term natural climate cycles"
http://www.theguardian.com/environme...imate-policies
But it’s the green agenda that I find really more interesting. You keep telling us that climate change is an absolute top priority, and you’ve been greeted with almost hysteria in this place over the last ten years.

Well, those of us who have been sceptical about this have been mocked, derided, called ‘deniers’.

We’ve argued from the start that the science wasn’t settled, and we’ve argued very strongly that the measures we’re taking to combat what may or may not be a problem are damaging our citizens.

And we’ve been proved to be right. Tens of millions forced into fuel poverty, manufacturing industry being driven away because of course our competitors in China and in America are going for cheap fossil alternatives and of course wind turbines blighting the landscapes and seascapes of Europe.

And still today you go on about green growth. Well, the consensus is breaking behind you – you know, [Industry] Commissioner Tajani the other day said that actually we face a systematic industrial massacre.

It is time to stop this stupidity and to help you [holds up colour pictures] there is the NASA photograph last August of the northern icecaps. And there is the NASA photograph this year of the icecaps. They increased by 60% in one year. Leading American scientists are now saying we are going into a period of between 15-30 years of global cooling.

We may have made one of the biggest stupidest collective mistakes in history by getting so worrying about global warming. You can reverse this in the next seven or eight months. You can bring down peoples’ taxes. If you don’t, they will vote on it in the European elections of next year.
http://www.silverdoctors.com/nigel-f...the-stupidity/
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow, at this rate, I'll be all out of sarcasm by dinnertime. For the love of deities, if I wasn't sure the first time which one you meant, why would saying Ipswich one a second time be more helpful. "The one about homeopathy" or the "one in the middle paragraph" would work. It would have been far more honest just to say, "they're you links, look at them yourself and work it out"! It's obviously what you meant.
Calm down. I don't trust any of it to be honest.
marm-alade
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank god for ukip taking votes off Tories!
anonymouspie227
Badges: 18
Report 5 years ago
Definitely labour or green party. However I feel as green is so small it would be a wasted vote. However those 2 parties appeal to my beliefs, especially the greens.
thoyub
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by und3niable_)
Who the **** with any common sense would vote for UKIP? Past UK independence, they have no quality policies which would hold our country down for five years. Also, all the closet racists and bigots seem to support them.

There should be a greens option..I'm voting for greens or lib dems. Depends on which way my political affiliation turns in the next two years.

EDIT: I lied, there's nothing Liberal about the lib dems. Definitely gravitating towards the greens. And no I don't care that they're a minority party at the moment. Things have to begin somewhere.
I think people may vote for UKIP because they see the other parties as being too soft on crime and immigration, things which UKIP seem to be very tough on. Lots of people are frustrated with the level of immigration and they aren't really bigoted or racist, they are just very concerned about whee the country is going and what their children are going to have to deal with. Are they going to get good jobs for example. And you also have to remember, a lot of frustrated tories switched to UKIP because of gay marriage, they see the tories as being liberals and not conservative anymore.

And I wouldn't put a green option as they don't poll very high and they aren't likely to keep Brighton Pavillion, the only seat they have. You will have to cope with "other" and state your preference here, sorry.
thoyub
Rep:
?
Wow, lots of UKIP voters here. Let's take a look at some of their more erm [email protected]#& surprising policies.

Global warming: UKIP will institute a Royal Commission to hear and consider the evidence whether it's happening, "with all the rigor of a court of law", which will be presided over by a High Court judge. This is presumably to get around meeting the oftentimes rather more rigorous demands of the scientific method, which has reached a conclusion darling Nigel doesn't like.

Electing UKIP is like choosing to live with a man or woman who refuses to take professional advice on anything, and decides to renovate your home on his/her own. And then knocks down a supporting wall.

But, onwards, and upwards. Or do I mean backwards and downwards?

Homeopathy. UKIP support spending NHS money on giving people distilled water, and calling it medication. http://ariversideview.wordpress.com/...ed-homeopathy/
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/United_...ty#cite_note-3

Very scientific... As is characteristic of people who don't get the scientific method, there's lots of throwing around of "double-blind" "randomised" and "control" through the policies to shore it all up. No explanation of how water could possibly have a memory though.

On the plus side, their drug policy is the most liberal of all the parties, but this is probably going to break thoyub's heart! Farage has openly said that he favours legalisation of drugs, and taking drugs out of the criminal sector. http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co....ing-ukip-.html

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...olicy-election
It wouldn't break my heart. It wouldn't make any difference, things can't be any worse than they are already.
I don't really intend to vote UKIP anyway even though I like how they are clear and straightforward about immigration and the EU. I don't support any party really.
thoyub
Rep:
?
(Original post by marm-alade)
Thank god for ukip taking votes off Tories!
This is something I can definitely agree with.
snowdrop965479
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I will be voting UKIP, the only party which can hopefully get us out of this mess :yy:
Branman
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by luckylaurax)
I will be voting UKIP, the only party which can hopefully get us out of this mess :yy:
I would honestly rather be in this mess than live in a world where the smoking ban is lifted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
GeekChicc
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why all the UKIP supporters? Do you want to live in a racist country?
An Ignorant Duck
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
All are twits, so I won't be voting. If I could choose and I had to choose something, I'd have a Lib Dem/UKIP coalition. But there isn't a bat in hell's chance of that happening.
scott18044
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pretty sure I'll be voting Conservative..
MissDavies
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Conservatives or UKIP. I haven't made up my mind yet because there's things I do and don't like about each party. It'll just depend on who can convince me best nearer the time!
Tom_green_day
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I accidentally clicked UKIP but I meant to vote 'other' as I'll spoil my vote. Until there is a party that I mostly agree with or I give a **** about politics, I won't vote for a group.
KelseyLoveday
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How? And don't start about the bloody miners....
No need to be like that, my dear.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
22.2%
The paper was reasonable (394)
42.46%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.18%
It was TERRIBLE (150)
16.16%

Watched Threads