PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for? Watch

Poll: Which of the two new console(s) are you buying?
Neither (49)
26.06%
PS4 (103)
54.79%
Xbox One (33)
17.55%
Both (3)
1.6%
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd say the most revolutionary part of either console is the XBOne having dedicated servers. Not seen that platform wide on a console before. Whether the devs will use it is another thing, but it's still nice.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Pinkhead)
I disagree.

I don't think Halo and Forza are revolutionary. The kinect is not exclusive to the xbone although it is pretty nifty hardware.
Watching TV while you play games is not revolutionary either. It has been possible on the PC for a while.
haha Halo and Forza are a step in the right direction for gaming. PS4 bundling with kill zone has been a flaw for gamers like me.

Kinect is a very nifty hardware.

PC is not a console and not really something you do in the living room so thats off topic.
Pinkhead
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
haha Halo and Forza are a step in the right direction for gaming. PS4 bundling with kill zone has been a flaw for gamers like me.

Kinect is a very nifty hardware.

PC is not a console and not really something you do in the living room so thats off topic.
How are Forza and Halo a step in the right direction? I assume you don't mean the microtransactions (technically macro given the cost of some of those cars) on paid-for games and less content than the previous game in the series?

My PC is currently in the living room and is connected to my TV. Whether it is a console or not is irrelevant since you said 'a revolution in gaming', not console gaming. I'm simply challenging that claim so it's perfectly on-t
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pinkhead)
How are Forza and Halo a step in the right direction? I assume you don't mean the microtransactions (technically macro given the cost of some of those cars) on paid-for games and less content than the previous game in the series?

My PC is currently in the living room and is connected to my TV. Whether it is a console or not is irrelevant since you said 'a revolution in gaming', not console gaming. I'm simply challenging that claim so it's perfectly on-t
- Next gen is about gaming experience, Forza offers a more visually appealing offering alongside fun gameplay
- Look at the title of the thread its irrelevant.
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Blergh I might have to actually get one or fall behind in writing about newest games. But I just can't bring myself to do it, the logic behind getting one is so flawed. :sad:
Mr Smurf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
- Next gen is about gaming experience, Forza offers a more visually appealing offering alongside fun gameplay
Forza 5 was clearly rushed just so it could be a launch game. It shipped with half the cars and tracks as Forza 4 but everyone is like "OMG THE GRAPHICZZ!!!". Hopefully Microsoft let Turn 10 take their time for Forza 6.
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr Smurf)
Forza 5 was clearly rushed just so it could be a launch game. It shipped with half the cars and tracks as Forza 4 but everyone is like "OMG THE GRAPHICZZ!!!". Hopefully Microsoft let Turn 10 take their time for Forza 6.
I agree completely the GRAPHICZZZ!!! are epic. It was the best half finished game i've ever played lol.

But the crowd are like come on!
College_Dropout
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just got PS4, plugged it in and it happens to be one of the 0.4% that dont work. :facepalm:
Pinkhead
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I still don't see how that's revolutionary. Even visually it's a disappointment. It still uses pre-baked lighting...

So you can make as many incorrect claims as you want and no one can say you're wrong if they mention PCs?
heyimbored
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He said you need to run both the xbox one and sky in order to watch tv and have them both constantly on costing £££££. I dont use it that way we leave the sky + hdmi in direct to the tv and when i game i change the sky + hdmi to the xbox one. Its not the biggest task in the world. If you want to watch sky and tv then obviously you need both in.

Im still definitely sticking with xbox one as my main console, have moved the ps4 to the guest room
I still don't entirely get what you mean. Do you only have one HDMI slot? Do you have the sky box plugged into the xbox? If you're watching stuff on Netflix etc...then it's alright, as it's all 60Hz anyway, but my point was relating to watching live TV through the xbox, which MS have been so keen to push. Aside from the fact that it will introduce judder because of the 50Hz signal, the xbox in that case just acts as a passthrough device, consuming more power for no real reason. I don't see why you would ever want that.

EDIT: To put this into perspective, working at what I can gather the xbox one's power consumption is, watching TV for around 4 hours per day on average over the year on current electricity prices, just watching TV through the xbox one could cost you an extra £40-£50 per year. So while it's not going to MS, watching live TV through the xbox one essentially costs the same as an additional Xbox live gold membership, and a bit more potentially. I know it's not a lot, but considering paying for the Xbox live membership was enough to make a lot of people go for the PS3 over the 360, it's significant enough. And again, you literally gain nothing from that financial outlay.
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by heyimbored)
I still don't entirely get what you mean. Do you only have one HDMI slot? Do you have the sky box plugged into the xbox? If you're watching stuff on Netflix etc...then it's alright, as it's all 60Hz anyway, but my point was relating to watching live TV through the xbox, which MS have been so keen to push. Aside from the fact that it will introduce judder because of the 50Hz signal, the xbox in that case just acts as a passthrough device, consuming more power for no real reason. I don't see why you would ever want that.

EDIT: To put this into perspective, working at what I can gather the xbox one's power consumption is, watching TV for around 4 hours per day on average over the year on current electricity prices, just watching TV through the xbox one could cost you an extra £40-£50 per year. So while it's not going to MS, watching live TV through the xbox one essentially costs the same as an additional Xbox live gold membership, and a bit more potentially. I know it's not a lot, but considering paying for the Xbox live membership was enough to make a lot of people go for the PS3 over the 360, it's significant enough. And again, you literally gain nothing from that financial outlay.
you reiterated my point from before, people will go for the lowest price next gen console not the all round best console. I rest my case!
heyimbored
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you reiterated my point from before, people will go for the lowest price next gen console not the all round best console. I rest my case!
Surely my point above was that it's going to cost more without providing anything extra?
Substitution
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ps4=ps3 with better graphics
xbox one=revolutionary
Vibenation
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well I got a PS4 but the downside. With no games to play with it.
heyimbored
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BenChard)
ps4=ps3 with better graphics
xbox one=revolutionary
Why do you say that the xbox one is revolutionary?

This is a genuine question, not a "**** off, no it's not". I don't see how either console is revolutionary in any way; they've just been brought up to speed with PCs of a certain level so that console gamers can keep up to date with technology. Both are now using the PC architecture, which is probably good for both consoles, and PC gaming, but there's nothing revolutionary in either console, it's pretty much all stuff that already exists either on PCs or the previous consoles.
Robbie242
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Neither

Wii U hands down!!!
Changing Skies
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd go for PS4, but I'm not a gamer so I know nothing :lol: PS2 was my childhood :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Substitution
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by heyimbored)
Why do you say that the xbox one is revolutionary?

This is a genuine question, not a "**** off, no it's not". I don't see how either console is revolutionary in any way; they've just been brought up to speed with PCs of a certain level so that console gamers can keep up to date with technology. Both are now using the PC architecture, which is probably good for both consoles, and PC gaming, but there's nothing revolutionary in either console, it's pretty much all stuff that already exists either on PCs or the previous consoles.
for that exact reason, the console revolution
Psyk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BenChard)
for that exact reason, the console revolution
So what makes the Xbox One more revolutionary than the PS4? They both have pretty much the same PC-like hardware.
GalaxygunnerX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (390)
45.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (110)
12.97%

Watched Threads