Nottingham A101 2014 ENTRY Watch

fleur_de_haine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EBG92)
I have a feeling they actually do it straight away as after my interview I saw all the interviews sat in a room together around a table so I assume they discuss it immediately as all the interviewers are in one place then rather than trying to get everyone together a second time. Also the letter said that the letter would come first and then track would be updated
I feel even worse now, knowing that the decision has all but been made!

Posted from TSR Mobile
fleur_de_haine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Don'tMessThisUp)
Well with grades like that, I'm completely ******.

How can we possibly wait this long, jeeeeeez. Also, I resent it being a letter; letters get lost and can be opened by other people, and letters are also around for people go to 'OOOOH a REPLY!' and put more pressure on you to open a letter you're sure is a rejection.

Just email me my failure so I can start coping!
We were lucky to be towards the end of the interview cycle, imagine how everyone who went ages ago feels. I'm not keen on the idea of letters, especially as I usually get home coming up for 9pm, it'll be torture once I see everyone updating the thread with outcomes.
Suprnova
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by fleur_de_haine)
We were lucky to be towards the end of the interview cycle, imagine how everyone who went ages ago feels. I'm not keen on the idea of letters, especially as I usually get home coming up for 9pm, it'll be torture once I see everyone updating the thread with outcomes.
Ive been in the first week of almost every interview I've had. I'm hoping they send out the replies this week. I don't think I can survive another week.
Suprnova
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I couldn't stop myself any longer. I rang and Sarb is trying to get the letters out this week, but its not certain if she can as she is not in today. So hopefully the results will be out the end of the week like previous years.
IsabelleMarie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I should probably give up watching my letterbox for today then... :rolleyes:
Jcp
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
?!?! What's this about 18 April on the letters they have us on the day then?

This is what drives me nuts...the waiting is bad enough and then the admissions department give out conflicting information!

Silver lining...letters may arrive this week although I'm not holding my breath

Posted from TSR Mobile
EBG92
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Jcp)
?!?! What's this about 18 April on the letters they have us on the day then?

This is what drives me nuts...the waiting is bad enough and then the admissions department give out conflicting information!

Silver lining...letters may arrive this week although I'm not holding my breath

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you re-read the letter we got handed at the end of the interview it does say we'll know "by" the 18th and we should here "within" two weeks but looking at the pattern of the previous years Friday looks like a good bet to check the post box
Suprnova
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EBG92)
If you re-read the letter we got handed at the end of the interview it does say we'll know "by" the 18th and we should here "within" two weeks but looking at the pattern of the previous years Friday looks like a good bet to check the post box
Except the first interview letter said a different date. I have been impressed with their overall efficiency and organisation though.
Don'tMessThisUp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Suprnova)
Except the first interview letter said a different date. I have been impressed with their overall efficiency and organisation though.
When I was at the interview, one of the interviewers made a point of telling us that it would be earlier at the end of the interviews, she corrected the date on the letters.
fleur_de_haine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For some reason I decided that taking the next few mornings off would make waiting less painful as I'd get the letter as soon as it comes. Rookie error, now all I'm doing is staring at the letterbox.
206oste
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For some reason I decided that taking the next few mornings off would make waiting less painful as I'd get the letter as soon as it comes. Rookie error, now all I'm doing is staring at the letterbox.
same! I have just got my letter and I have an offer!!!! so happy!
EBG92
Rep:
?
(Original post by 206oste)
Seriously !!!! Have you got your letter ??
206oste
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EBG92)
Yes it's right in front of me. My post comes early though and I only live in Lincolnshire so might explain why it came so quickly. Has anyone else's post come yet?
EBG92
Rep:
?
Yes it's right in front of me. My post comes early though and I only live in Lincolnshire so might explain why it came so quickly. Has anyone else's post come yet?
God Damn Post Man nothing yet
Suprnova
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EBG92)
oh wow congratulations. im so pleased for you. im at work now. keep your fingers crossed for me
206oste
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Suprnova)
oh wow congratulations. im so pleased for you. im at work now. keep your fingers crossed for me
I really do hope everyone gets what they want. And if it helps anyone I will now be rejecting SGUL and Swansea so hoping that others can go to there first choice
206oste
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Okay just had chance to actually read the letter and noticed it was dated 08 April so maybe they were posted yesterday or Tuesday.
Jcp
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Congratulations. So it begins! Thanks for the heads up.

Have just left home and no post yet. I'm in Birmingham so should receive it today or tomorrow. At least we'll know either way and from Swansea also!

Posted from TSR Mobile
IsabelleMarie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
206oste WELL DONE!! Ahh i'm so scared now!!
EBG92
Rep:
?
I really do hope everyone gets what they want. And if it helps anyone I will now be rejecting SGUL and Swansea so hoping that others can go to there first choice
Thanks as I'm on the Swansea Waiting list so I'll take all the help I can
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads