Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have started, u have to make an account through NHS BOSS thing...do u get the £1000 from them or through student finance, I'm not sure....im gonna stay at home so I'm not sure whether to apply for a maintenance loan as am not too sure what that is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue diamond)
    Hi, i have started, u have to make an account through NHS BOSS thing...do u get the £1000 from them or through student finance, I'm not sure....im gonna stay at home so I'm not sure whether to apply for a maintenance loan as am not too sure what that is
    The £1000 is from the NHS yes. They do a means tested thing as well which means the income of your household is assessed and you might get more.
    Student finance also do grants from means testing. But the majority of this is a non-means tested loan. This you will have to pay back once you earn a certain amount per year

ALSO:

I JUST FIRMED woop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthew01)
    The £1000 is from the NHS yes. They do a means tested thing as well which means the income of your household is assessed and you might get more.
    Student finance also do grants from means testing. But the majority of this is a non-means tested loan. This you will have to pay back once you earn a certain amount per year

ALSO:

I JUST FIRMED woop
    i asked at my interview, and they said that u dont have to pay the grand or fees back..thats good, congrats, did u receive any other offers too

ReputationRep:
    i asked at my interview, and they said that u dont have to pay the grand or fees back..thats good, congrats, did u receive any other offers too
    Nah, I didn't get a place at Brighton or Coventry and I withdrew from a De Montfort and Nottingham that I got interviews for, as I would prefer to go here.

It's relaxing knowing I don't have to go to any more interviews as I really dislike them.

How did your interview go?

ReputationRep:
    No not at all, it's just a tick sheet with 1 to 5 to see how you feel about certain situations and stuff. It does say not to think about it too much as what you think first is probably most natural. It's not timed and i'm not sure it really matters a great deal, but I thought i'd let people know
    Heyyy! I just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU for all your help! I really appreciate it, I just got an offer ! Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramz95)
    they ask me why i want to do nursing, what are the qualities of a nurse, current issues in nursing, pros and cons of nursing and tell us a time where you were compassionate towards someone and the difference between a nurse and a health assistant. the interview went good tbh the interviewer was really nice.
    hi there i have my maths and english test on 27 march can you help me with the maths( what do i have to focus on) and english (what are the essay topic) plz i am very nervous and donot want lose this opportunity many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hahachic)
    Heyyy! I just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU for all your help! I really appreciate it, I just got an offer ! Xx
    No problem
    Congratulations! Is this your first choice?

(Original post by salina brock)
    hi there i have my maths and english test on 27 march can you help me with the maths( what do i have to focus on) and english (what are the essay topic) plz i am very nervous and donot want lose this opportunity many thanks
    (I believe you do get to use a calculator so take one, I didn't but got to borrow one, oh and take a pen)

Maths: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, fractions, converting into decimals, ml - l conversions ect, percentages, ratios errrrrrrrrrrrrrrm. These were the things I remember, may be more

English: Checking of spelling, grammar and writing an essay. There are two essay titles based on nursing in general (what it is to be a nurse) or something related to the specialty you choose. I chose child nursing so I am guessing for the other specialties.
    You only have to write about one essay title (NOT BOTH)

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    thank you very much for your quick reply.

ReputationRep:

It's relaxing knowing I don't have to go to any more interviews as I really dislike them.

How did your interview go?
    had my interview over a month ago...went well thanks, was only interviewed by one person thankfully!!

ReputationRep:
    what questions were u asked during ur interview? And how was it?
    hi there if it is not too much to ask can you plz name the essay topic that came up in the test as i am really nervous about the english.
    i will really appreciate your help.
    many thanks

ReputationRep:
    hi, i did my test over a month ago so i will try and remember as much as i can....

i remember one was about should terminally ill patients having the right to choose to die and the other was something related to the qualities of nurses, because i didnt pick that one, i cant remember what it said word for word...

hope that helped...

ReputationRep:
    No problem
    Congratulations! Is this your first choice?
    i think so, im gonna firm it now i have to get started on student finance ughh do you know how we apply for the bursary and the grants?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

After some long consideration i think i am also going to firm Middlesex.

And just some FYI, NHS will NOT contact you to start your bursary application you must register yourself and do everything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gitanika)
    Hello Maybe someone has done Access to He course?? Could you complete my short questionnaire? it would be very helpful Thank you http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?s...jp6lswuy439355
    Do you still need people to fill it in, I can if you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hahachic)
    i think so, im gonna firm it now i have to get started on student finance ughh do you know how we apply for the bursary and the grants?
    Student finance here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/overview
    NHS Bursary here: http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/816.aspx

The bursary is the grant, not two separate pots of money

(Original post by SadiaAlia29)
    Hey,

After some long consideration i think i am also going to firm Middlesex.

And just some FYI, NHS will NOT contact you to start your bursary application you must register yourself and do everything else.

Awesome probably see you both there. Going to apply to student halls?

Also on a side note:

I've had to email Middlesex again to ask regarding the accommodation. It states on an automated email the term times will be until July. However the contracts for the room are from September to June. Hence leaving nurses without a room for a month. I'm seeing if nurses can get a longer contract for a longer course. It would be a pain to have to find somewhere for 3-4 weeks only.

ReputationRep:
    No I won't be appyling to halls. I'll be staying home.

Can I ask, is everyone's offer conditional or un. And if they are what are the conditions ??

ReputationRep:
    Mine is conditional to a DBS check only as I already have my grades so once I send back I guess it will be unconditional / accepted

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay that's great news!

I have to provide some work experience proof I guess it's great timing as I just got a job as a HCA.

I'm super excited to start this sept although I think we start in October

ReputationRep:
    Oh awesome that's pretty good timing
    I really need to get a job until September to save up for living in London. Exciting prospect!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Middlesex after accepting offer?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.