Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Hope so. Otherwise it'll be like watching round 1 but with someone winning a trophy at the end of it
    Wawrinka is better then that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seathestars)
    Wawrinka is better then that.
    I guess we'll see tomorrow but his game just doesn't seem to do much against Nadal, I hope it's a competitive match but it'll take something big for that to happen from Wawrinka

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Fed had a back injury when he played him at Indian Wells and i know that back and ankle injuries are relatively common for him but his post-Wimbledon displays i don't believe had anything to with injuries. I agree that he's not back to his very best (at 32 i doubt he ever will) but against Tsonga and the first the two sets of Murray he wasn't winning because they were playing poorly, he was genuinely demolishing them.
    I didn't catch the Tsonga match but judging by the scoreline it would appear to be a lot closer than a demolishing? He looked comfortable on serve in the first 2 sets against Murray. I think it would have been better for Federer to take time out to fully recover from these injuries if they were affecting his performances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    I didn't catch the Tsonga match but judging by the scoreline it would appear to be a lot closer than a demolishing? He looked comfortable on serve in the first 2 sets against Murray. I think it would have been better for Federer to take time out to fully recover from these injuries if they were affecting his performances.
    Fed always chucks away break points, it wasn't close though.

ReputationRep:
    Wawrinka POSSESSED! WOW!:eek:
    Hate to admit this Nadals lost this!
    Nadal Has lost this 1 golden chance to get Australia and Grandslam Recrod!

ReputationRep:
    Don't jump the gun too soon haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Wawrinka POSSESSED! WOW!:eek:
    Hate to admit this Nadals lost this!
    Nadal Has lost this 1 golden chance to get Australia and Grandslam Recrod!
    He's faked another injury - textbook Nadal!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What a start by Warwinka. Amazed that the crowd have turned against Nadal too. Hope Warwinka keeps his focus!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, Rafa booed by the crowd. Got to admit I think Rafa's done this on purpose to roadblock Stan's momentum. Bit conflicted now.

ReputationRep:
    On the other hand, Rafa does look injured - he was rolling serves in at under 100mph last game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hog Dog)
    He's faked another injury - textbook Nadal!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nadal is hurt he cant surve or run:eek:

ReputationRep:
    He's injured. Horrible reaction from the crowd.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal is hurt he can't surve or return and he gets booed I hate this crowd!

ReputationRep:
    Yep I'm surprised Nadal hasn't tossed in the towel and retired. Could do himself some serious damage.

Maybe he will as soon as he's 2 sets down?

It's a shame now that he beat Federer since it may have been more of a final.

ReputationRep:
    Crowd have been acting like a bunch of ****s too be honest. Should just give in. Can't move around at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Crowd have been acting like a bunch of ****s too be honest. Should just give in. Can't move around at all.
    It did seem quite tactical at the time. People love rooting for the underdog and Warwinka (on paper) came into this final as a massive underdog. Who last won a grand slam who wasn't part of Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray?

ReputationRep:
    Nadal

Too many evil eyes and forces have caused this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    It did seem quite tactical at the time. People love rooting for the underdog and Warwinka (on paper) came into this final as a massive underdog. Who last won a grand slam who wasn't part of Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray?
    2009, Del Potro.

Have to admit I thought Rafa was being tactical (and I'm his supporter).

But seriously **** you Australian crowd, absolutely despicable behaviour to an injured player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    2009, Del Potro.

Have to admit I thought Rafa was being tactical (and I'm his supporter).

But seriously **** you Australian crowd, absolutely despicable behaviour to an injured player.
    Am shaking over here!
    He needs anti inflams to move around!
    Its too anticlimactic.

ReputationRep:
    Should just retire. Its just painful to watch.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.